Predictions ?

MeanGreen61

UNT - 28

Ohio U - 17

Can't recall, and don't want to look it up eiher, what I first predicted in another thread, but this will do... UNT is 2-0 heading to Alabama!

GO MEAN GREEN...and yes, this team looks better than Ball State to me...but, as anoyther poster said, Riley will not make the same mistake twice. UNT will capitalize on its chances and the kicking game will be much improved after getting the first game jitters out of the way...big crowd helps UNt to the victory...BE STILL MY HEART...UNT is 2-0 ofet the Ohio game.

First, I am thrilled with the progress of this team this year. They are obviously much, much better all around.

However, I agree with Got5, that the book on Riley is now out. It will be much tougher to throw this week and we are going to have to prove that we can pass the ball deeper. That being said, our RB's could have a big day against Ohio's DL.

On the defensive side, I expect a bit of a drop off this week. The Ohio QB's are more experienced and will not miss so many open receivers.

UConn is a good football team. So, the fact that Ohio lost to them 23-16 last week is not anything to be ashamed of.

I expect a dog-fight. Our team will come out fired up at home. But, Ohio has a pretty could FG kicker, which may be the difference.

Ohio wins a 27-24 heartbreaker on a last second FG.

At least we should see a very entertaining home game ;)

Game film is now out on Riley. This team is much improved, but still a 5-6 win team, IMO. Ohio has 2 Sr. QB's and still the MAC East fav. I dont think the running game will come as easy this week and the question is still out on our vertical passing game. Kicking may also hurt us.

Ohio - 31

NT - 27

I tend to agree and I welcome being wrong.

Im suprised alot of people aren't taking UNT to win, alot of people in Denton sure are.... If you haven't watched that game, you missed a team that is in the midst of a GREAT TURNAROUND

DeLoach is a proven winner, Dodge knows that he has to turn this around and Riley wants to win, great combination.

Defense looked great, OL like a few years ago, Dunbar ran well, Riley completed passes when he needed to, and seriously we could have added 3 more TD's ( one by intercpetion return, Rileys interception in the endzone, and the last second TD in the end), it could have been a blowout.

Shit I think Ball State is a better team than Ohio and we beat those Red Birds in Indiana in our first game, we will be improved with more confidence and at home.

UNT- 41

Ohio- 20

Attendance - 24,576 (Only if it doesnt rain)

Tailgating during the game add another- 1, 113 people (Only if it doesnt rain)

Expect Alumni side to be PACKED with alot of out of towners.....We might even see some people from SLC, ha.

I just hope for gameplay like we saw on Thursday, with a few less mistakes. If we get it, I expect we will win. ...but Ohio is a better team (right now) than Ball State is right now, but I think we're a better team than we played like on Thursday if we can calm down the mental errors. I hope some of that was just first game jitters.

I look for a close game and I hope for a UNT win, though I'm not quite ready to predict that will happen.

I like our chances in this game. Most said this and Army were our two best chances at a W in out of conference.

Ohio was weak against the run. Cam and Dunbar ran all over Ball State, that's significant considering they returned the same defense from last year regardless if they changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 this year.

UConn shut down Ohio's running game to 61 yards. Except for one break out run for a TD, our Dline did a hell of a job shutting down Ball State's running game. Lewis is a great RB. Maybe their Oline inexperience played into it. But, most expected our dline to struggle against an inexperienced oline. If they play like they did at Ball State, the dline can contain their running game.

The keys to the game are how our secondary will handle experienced QBs that can throw the ball and how well RD controls the ball. Ohio intercepted UConn's Frazier three times and UConn fumbled once. With 4 turnovers, Ohio still couldn't pull it out. Ohio also had 186 yards passing, so our secondary is going to get a workout. One of Ohio's TDs came on a 44 yard pass. We need the dline to contain the line of scrimmage and pressure the QB. Ohio was 3-14 on third down conversions.

With the intensity the team played at last week, I expect good things. I didn't expect anything good prior to the season, but they have me believing. We're at home. They are going to be pumped!

No prediction. I'm wearing the same clothes as last week! No jinxing anything! lol

Im suprised alot of people aren't taking UNT to win, alot of people in Denton sure are.... If you haven't watched that game, you missed a team that is in the midst of a GREAT TURNAROUND

DeLoach is a proven winner, Dodge knows that he has to turn this around and Riley wants to win, great combination.

Defense looked great, OL like a few years ago, Dunbar ran well, Riley completed passes when he needed to, and seriously we could have added 3 more TD's ( one by intercpetion return, Rileys interception in the endzone, and the last second TD in the end), it could have been a blowout.

Shit I think Ball State is a better team than Ohio and we beat those Red Birds in Indiana in our first game, we will be improved with more confidence and at home.

UNT- 41

Ohio- 20

Attendance - 24,576 (Only if it doesnt rain)

Tailgating during the game add another- 1, 113 people (Only if it doesnt rain)

Expect Alumni side to be PACKED with alot of out of towners.....We might even see some people from SLC, ha.

Saying alot a lot does not actually make it a word.

The stars are aligned! We had two extra days to rest and they have to travel. We had a very good performance overall in our first game.

Something doesn't feel right...I hope we have had Testicle Tech out of our minds for a day or two now, and are really concentrating on Ohio. If not, I worry that we will step on our collective dicks.

Going out on a limb here...UNT 35 Ohio 28. If we go to Alabama 2 - 0 I will be VERY happy, but somehow I'm afraid we can't stand prosperity. Please focus and win this one!