New Restaurant On Fry Street

There is a new restaurant being built on Fry Street called the Public House. I was interested in what they are doing with it until I came across their Game Day page on their website.

I have a hard time supporting a place on Fry Street here in Denton TX who is the official site for.... THE LONGHORNS?! How 'bout the Mean Green?!?!?! the ones that you are actually catering to.

http://www.publichousedenton.com/component...tent/article/60

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a freakin joke. If that is their stance, and they want to cater to the longhorn douche and become a part of that nation, then screw em and try to get them out. It also should be discussed that the city allowed a place like that to be built. Do you think Austin would allow a place catering to Aggies or Sooners to be built on 6th St?

Just sent them an email through their website. You have to be kidding me. Tell me that some idiot put the Texas Longhorn stuff up on their site without the owners knowing or realizing what was happening. I am hopeful they will support the Mean Green and fill the place with Mean green stuff, have Mean green watching parties for away games, etc., etc. UNT game day specials would be a good idea too....I find it hard to imagine that the owners would be this clueless...tell me it isn't so. I wonder what would happen to a place across the street from UT that opens with a website banner proclaiming Texas A&M watching party official site!!!!!! On my...oh, me!

GOOD GRIEF...and I am always looking for new locally owned places to give a try and spend some $$$$...especially those who support the Mean Green. These guys have already fallen off my radar screen UNLESS changes are made pronto or we find the web site was "opened" prior to approval, etc., etc.

GOOD GRIEF Charlie Brown....

GO MEAN GREEN!

I don't have a dog in this fight.

I don't go to bars on Fry Street and I'm not a Longhorn fan.

But the web site says, "Watch your favorite team."

Well, my favorite team is the Mean Green. It seems to me that the photo was simply showing some fans an another Public House watching their favorite teams. I would hope that the owners will cater to the customers they are counting on to keep them in business. All dollars are green. But I think this shows that we have a lot of work to do. Wear Mean Green clothing items. What color you wear does matter. Demand that bars that show ballgames show Mean green games when we're on the road. And when NT is at home, we should be at Fouts Field anyway, so who cares what they're showing on the TV.

GO MEAN GREN

Guest JohnDenver

Email them.

Official home of UT games?

It is unreal that you are directly across from a university with 35k students and you are trying to get students from a university 200 miles away.

On game days you will find 20k people *in* your town for UNT games. Seems that trying to capture some of those for a pre-game, post game meal would be smart.

I can say for certain that I will not be attending your restaurant, because you are clearly anti everything I cherish at UNT and Denton.

Done.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

I don't go to bars on Fry Street and I'm not a Longhorn fan.

But the web site says, "Watch your favorite team."

Well, my favorite team is the Mean Green. It seems to me that the photo was simply showing some fans an another Public House watching their favorite teams. I would hope that the owners will cater to the customers they are counting on to keep them in business. All dollars are green. But I think this shows that we have a lot of work to do. Wear Mean Green clothing items. What color you wear does matter. Demand that bars that show ballgames show Mean green games when we're on the road. And when NT is at home, we should be at Fouts Field anyway, so who cares what they're showing on the TV.

GO MEAN GREN

Away games, Joe...certainly we will be in the stands at Fouts for home games. I do so hope you are right and that I am right about the web-site being a "test", etc. As I said, I just sent them an email to ask. I think several folks should do the same. let them know that folks are interested in supporting the Mean Green. And, yes, absolutely...wear Green. I, like many others, get a bit frustrated seeing UNT students walking around with shirts, coats and hats, etc. from "other" colleges and universities. Not nearly as bad as it was a few years ago, but still too many....

"Watch Your favorite Team" for a place on Fry Street should be displaying something related to the Mean Green.....hopefully, they will fix that very soon.

GO MEAN GREEN.

Guest JohnDenver

OMFG.

Located right off the North Texas University campus and accessible from the TWU area as well, Public House is a great place for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - via dining in, ordering take-out or delivery! We're also a great alternative to local sports bars or taverns to enjoy watching your favorite team on any one of over 15 HD televisions and 5 gigantic projector screens!

We are NTU. BTW.

A few years ago, I went into that little bar (SideBar, I think) during a 15 minute break in a 3-hour class. I think we were playing a Thursday night football game out of town or something...

Anyways I asked the bartender if he could put the game on. He told me it hadn't started yet, I said yes it has I'm getting text alerts on the score. He thought "The Game" meant some Mavs preseason game, and not the football game of the University just 15 feet from his front door.

I want to open a bar on Fry street, and nobody will work there unless they bleed green.

That's f'ing ridiculous

I just spoke with them and they tell me they have been waiting approval from the UNT officials to use the logo and such and they will be updating their website here shortly. She is emailing me the logo that they will use. She did mention that this place will be hosting their first college football even on Sept 12 for the first home game and they will be carrying the UNT game a week from tomorrow night as well as all of the televised games.