Tailgating Not Allowed At Soccer Games

KRAM1

OK, so my wife and I are sitting in the stands watching the game. There are some UNT fans outside the stadium at the end nearest 35W when some campus cops come up and it appears they tell them to put out the grill and that they cannot tailgate. The young lady sitting next to us who is/was associated with the soccer program told us that a group of parents wanted to tailgate before the game and they were told they couldn't...only tailgate allowed was at football games. WHAT IS THAT??????? Are you kidding me? I can understand if they couldn't light up a grill...OK, so be it, but how about sandwiches, chips, beer and sodas???? No fire danger there, right?

If the info I received is true...shame on UNT for finding yet another way to discourage fans and to stamp out enthusiasm for UNT athletics. This is VERY hard for me to understand...and I will definitely check into the info I got from the young lady to see if it is true or not...there just has to be another side to this story. There often is...I do so hope there is to this one. Good grief. Anyone here have any additional info on this????

If this is true...it is plain STUPID! And, one of the things that just keeps people from getting into UNT athletics and becoming real fans who buy tickets and make donations. Go figure...but, we'll see. Unless someone from the athletic dept. who knows the full story wants to post a reply here, I will let you know what i find out...at least to those who care...

GO MEAN GREEN!

OK, so my wife and I are sitting in the stands watching the game. There are some UNT fans outside the stadium at the end nearest 35W when some campus cops come up and it appears they tell them to put out the grill and that they cannot tailgate. The young lady sitting next to us who is/was associated with the soccer program told us that a group of parents wanted to tailgate before the game and they were told they couldn't...only tailgate allowed was at football games. WHAT IS THAT??????? Are you kidding me? I can understand if they couldn't light up a grill...OK, so be it, but how about sandwiches, chips, beer and sodas???? No fire danger there, right?

If the info I received is true...shame on UNT for finding yet another way to discourage fans and to stamp out enthusiasm for UNT athletics. This is VERY hard for me to understand...and I will definitely check into the info I got from the young lady to see if it is true or not...there just has to be another side to this story. There often is...I do so hope there is to this one. Good grief. Anyone here have any additional info on this????

If this is true...it is plain STUPID! And, one of the things that just keeps people from getting into UNT athletics and becoming real fans who buy tickets and make donations. Go figure...but, we'll see. Unless someone from the athletic dept. who knows the full story wants to post a reply here, I will let you know what i find out...at least to those who care...

GO MEAN GREEN!

So Negative!!

j/k Kram don't fire off a defensive response. That sucks that the "big time" NT athletic department is chasing away fans, by not allowing the tailgating. It's like you said at 11:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2009.

Point is...if you want to be "big time" you better start acting like it.

This is Mickey Mouse, so the AD must not want to be any thing but a Disney Character.

Update coming soon...have had several communications with the ath. dept. getting the full story...will let you know after I hear back from another source. I think you will be pleased with the answer from what I am hearing at this point.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

Update coming soon...have had several communications with the ath. dept. getting the full story...will let you know after I hear back from another source. I think you will be pleased with the answer from what I am hearing at this point.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Will they let you sell t-shirts with a picture of an eagle tailgating to raise money for the new tailgate?

Just got the word...BOTTOM LINE...GREAT NEWS... TAILGATING IS ALLOWED AT HOME SOCCER GAMES... Just no alcohol. The problem at last Sat. evening's game with the tailgaters was a bit too much alcohol...

SO TAILGATE AWAY AT HOME SOCCER GAMES...Just leave the booze out of it.

Good to know...GO MEAN GREEN. I hope the soccer parents get the word..perhaps the "power" of GMG.Com will prevail once again or UNTDude might just pass it along....

GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN SOCCER!

Edited by KRAM1

Guest JohnDenver

Just got the word...BOTTOM LINE...GREAT NEWS... TAILGATING IS ALLOWED AT HOME SOCCER GAMES... Just no alcohol. The problem at last Sat. evening's game with the tailgaters was a bit too much alcohol...

SO TAILGATE AWAY AT HOME SOCCER GAMES...Just leave the booze out of it.

Good to know...GO MEAN GREEN. I hope the soccer parents get the word..perhaps the "power" of GMG.Com will prevail once again or UNTDude might just pass it along....

GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN SOCCER!

Well, that is a relief. Tailgating without beer != tailgating. What is this, a 7 year old's soccer match at the YWCA?

Well, that is a relief. Tailgating without beer != tailgating. What is this, a 7 year old's soccer match at the YWCA?

I just knew someone would complain about the "good news". Thanks John Denver for upholding the tradition of UNT "fans" always finding something to complain about even with good news. :lol:

(side note...yes, tailgate without beer is not my idea of a good tailgate...but it is a tailgate all the same...it's hard for me...and maybe you...to believe, but there are even some folks out there who do not like beer. Imagine how sad for them that is....Beer = Food of the Gods).

Guest JohnDenver

I just knew someone would complain about the "good news". Thanks John Denver for upholding the tradition of UNT "fans" always finding something to complain about even with good news. :lol:

(side note...yes, tailgate without beer is not my idea of a good tailgate...but it is a tailgate all the same...it's hard for me...and maybe you...to believe, but there are even some folks out there who do not like beer. Imagine how sad for them that is....Beer = Food of the Gods).

Not griping, I wouldn't go to a soccer game anyway, beer or not. ;)

Just curious as to why they would not allow people of age to drink beer (other alcohol) while tailgating for a soccermatch? They sell beer at football games, and really promote drinking while tailgating....I hope this is not indicative ofwhatis to come at the newfootball stadium.

Perhaps because the area is not quite as "controlled" as it is at the football stadium...but, I really do not know...feel free to give them a call and ask. The folks in the dept. have been very responsive to my questions about this matter.

Not griping, I wouldn't go to a soccer game anyway, beer or not. ;)

And all the soccer fans of the world are breathing a sigh of relief! :lol: Just kidding. Some day you will learn to appreciate the "beautiful game"....maybe.....never say never...I, too, once said I would never go to another soccer game...WRONG. man, am I glad too...you just never know....got any kids, JD? One or more just might like soccer and then...wham...there you go!

Guest JohnDenver

got any kids, JD? One or more just might like soccer and then...wham...there you go!

No kids for me. However you are right, I will likely be going to kiddo soccer games. Damn it. DAMN IT!