Obama Phone Calls Sgt. James Crowley...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - Trying to tamp down an uproar over race, President Barack Obama said Friday he used an unfortunate choice of words in commenting on the arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and could have "calibrated those words differently."

The president said he had telephoned the white policeman who arrested Gates, and he said the conversation confirmed his belief that the officer was a good man and an outstanding officer.

Rick

The "stupid" part occurred on the part of the president...should never of opened his mouth about this at all...and especially without the facts...as he admitted to not having in the first place. How could he have NOT seen the problems he was creating by commenting on a very local problem from the bully pulpit of the White House press corps room? A real mistake by the pres in my opinion...maybe he will learn to "change" because of his "big oops" here...hope so.

Pres. Obama sounded like one of several posters on here, just yakking away without any of the facts. I expect alot more from the Office of the President.

When the audio recording of this event comes out, and it will come out, someone is going to be very embarassed, be it Pres. Obama or the police officers. My bet is Pres. Obama will have to do some explaining. Really worries me to see such a knee jerk reaction from the top law enforcement officer in the USA. IF Pres. Obama remarks are proven wrong (he has already admitted they are factless), he will be viewed by many as playing the friend/race card along with the college professor.

Edited by UNT90

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104935

prez had 17 parking tickets with the Cambridge PD.

look for a future investigation by the feds into this.

Said Jen Psaki, spokeswoman for Obama's campaign during his race to the White House, "He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid. … Many people have parking tickets and late fees."

Talk about grasping at straws and trying to make something bigger than it is.. What difference does it make that the president had tickets while at Harvard...

I am ashamed to admit it but I still have unpaid parking tickets at UNT, does that make me a racist?

Talk about grasping at straws and trying to make something bigger than it is.. What difference does it make that the president had tickets while at Harvard...

I am ashamed to admit it but I still have unpaid parking tickets at UNT, does that make me a racist?

More to the point of the original post: President Obama f'd up. Realized it pretty quickly, that it was stupid for him to say the officers' acted 'stupidly' when he did not know all the facts, and owned up to his mistake. Some would call that manning up and admitting he was wrong. Takes a pretty big man to admit that. Say what you will on and on about his policies, which are obviously open to debate at the moment and should be given the proper time to fully understand and not rushed, but this is a non-issue unless you just hate the guy for being who he is. Now, back to Hill Country Supremecy threads [keeps looking in storage for photos of Big Bend and Mt. Guadalupe trips to scan].

paying tickets ain't racist....its the law. man up and pay yours.

More to the point of the original post: President Obama f'd up. Realized it pretty quickly, that it was stupid for him to say the officers' acted 'stupidly' when he did not know all the facts, and owned up to his mistake. Some would call that manning up and admitting he was wrong. Takes a pretty big man to admit that. Say what you will on and on about his policies, which are obviously open to debate at the moment and should be given the proper time to fully understand and not rushed, but this is a non-issue unless you just hate the guy for being who he is. Now, back to Hill Country Supremecy threads [keeps looking in storage for photos of Big Bend and Mt. Guadalupe trips to scan].

Well, he didn't actually apologize. That would be "I'm sorry, I made a mistake", not "I could have chose my words differently". But I guess that is probably the best you are going to get from any polotician.

This won't go away so easily. He made a rash judgement, and even worse, publicly commented on that judgement. It shows, at best, how inexperienced he is, and at worst, that he lets personal friendships or race influence his decision making process.

Those on the right are going to scream bloody murder and those on the left are going defend him and say it's no big deal. Those in the middle will decide when this goes away.

So are you saying its un-patriotic to not pay your tickets?

Outrageous.

I, for one, still love and respect Keith Wooden and appreciate the tremendous things he did as a proud member of the North Texas Men's Basketball team. I won't sit here and listen to his patriotism be disparaged.

Keith Wooden is a kickass dude whether or not he paid all his tickets on time. Anyone who disagrees is an SMU fan and a repellent human being.

paying tickets ain't racist....its the law. man up and pay yours.

My wife has a parking ticket from SMU - and she's white. What say you? WHAT SAY YOU, SIR!

Edited by Quoner
  • Downvote 1

Well, he didn't actually apologize. That would be "I'm sorry, I made a mistake", not "I could have chose my words differently". But I guess that is probably the best you are going to get from any polotician.

This won't go away so easily. He made a rash judgement, and even worse, publicly commented on that judgement. It shows, at best, how inexperienced he is, and at worst, that he lets personal friendships or race influence his decision making process.

Those on the right are going to scream bloody murder and those on the left are going defend him and say it's no big deal. Those in the middle will decide when this goes away.

I agree with you on this actually. What I could have said better in my post was that, for people concerned about the direction and haste of the policies he is championing, focusing on this type of stuff is a distraction. And it's clear that President Obama let his personal relationship with Skip affect how he comported himseld as POTUS. Rookie mistake. Agreed on that. All people make them; hopefully he will learn from it. I just liked that he made some type of acknowledgment of it. Even the weasely politician type. Doesn't mean he wasn't wrong though.

My wife has a parking ticket from SMU - and she's white. What say you? WHAT SAY YOU, SIR!

perhaps she, too, can follow the law and "pony up" and pay her tickets. what say you to that quoner? :lol:

perhaps you can refresh everyone's memory about your racist comments that got YOU, SIR banned from the board.

Edited by eulesseagle

--- Good grief.... parking tickets is worst criminal act people can come up with... When I was at UNT during the 1970's, a lady in front of me was unable to obtain her transcript... She owed the library about 80 cents from 1948. I think some of you would wanted her thrown in jail and then the key thrown away..

--- She left to pay the fine and I suppose she did.... and not in handcuffs. I am so glad Republicans are so moral, religious, and law-bidding they even pay their library fees and parking fines (even those they may not even know they owe) and have no DWU's.. (wait I remember one by someone prior to be elected Prez). I wonder if the Gov. of South Carolina owes parking fees???

--- Got an email today comparing Obama first pitch to Bush's ... it was ridiculous.... Some of the Bush ones did not even reach the plate... (they failed to mention that). Anyway who cares.... neither was hired to pitch anyway.

---At least Obama hasn't invaded some country or dropped the DOW 5000 points by deregulation (less gov interference ) on the financial community.

Nothing like keeping the eye on the real issues in this country and the problems we now face.

• Upvote 1

--- Good grief.... parking tickets is worst criminal act people can come up with... When I was at UNT during the 1970's, a lady in front of me was unable to obtain her transcript... She owed the library about 80 cents from 1948. I think some of you would wanted her thrown in jail and then the key thrown away..

I think the parking tickets from the same police department he is criticizing means there may not be neutral objectivity regarding department on top of the fact he is a personal friend of the professor. There are a lot of different things he could have said without throwing the police department under the bus.

Nothing like keeping the eye on the real issues in this country and the problems we now face.

Had he not commented on this, the country would not be distracted with what happened. He has no one to blame but himself on the exposure he has created. BO needs to understand that his comments will be examined under a microscope and have a lot of weight behind them. This is a rookie mistake, especially since he was a junior Congress member before becoming president.

Edited by UNTFan23

Pres. Obama sounded like one of several posters on here, just yakking away without any of the facts. I expect alot more from the Office of the President.

When the audio recording of this event comes out, and it will come out, someone is going to be very embarassed, be it Pres. Obama or the police officers. My bet is Pres. Obama will have to do some explaining. Really worries me to see such a knee jerk reaction from the top law enforcement officer in the USA. IF Pres. Obama remarks are proven wrong (he has already admitted they are factless), he will be viewed by many as playing the friend/race card along with the college professor.

The one who will be embarassed is obama. Mass. officers of ALL races are standing by Sgt Crowley. This shows you that obama was wrong. That is, unless you have BHO kneepads on.

eulessismore-------show me where i called someone a racist!

Look four posts above this question?

eulesseagle Posted Yesterday, 02:06 PM

perhaps she, too, can follow the law and "pony up" and pay her tickets. what say you to that quoner?

perhaps you can refresh everyone's memory about your racist comments that got YOU, SIR banned from the board.

Is that what you were asking for?????

The one who will be embarassed is obama. Mass. officers of ALL races are standing by Sgt Crowley. This shows you that obama was wrong. That is, unless you have BHO kneepads on.

So, cops that work together stick together - what a surprise. The cops keep saying he should have been arrested and backing each other up 100% but what they never say is WHY he should have been presented?

They have described everything that has happened in the incident, I've totally heard their point of view of how it all went down and STILL it seems OBVIOUS to me that 100%, Gates should NOT have been arrested?

Do they realize how weak it makes them that they are really hiding behind the disorderly conduct charge? Which has been dropped. If they are so sure they are 100% right in arresting Gates, then why were the charges dropped immediately?

Hey, Obama shouldn't have said anything, I do agree with that, but as someone who has been accosted by police in the past for no real reason(and I'm not even a minority), I know how scary and infuriating it is.