Drake Gone

flyeater

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's laughable to think Vito would be "replaced." He's actually doing his job - reporting. Dodge is the one not doing his job - winning football games in one of the weakest conferences in FBS football.

As I said before, this is the last season. Dodge has dug in, that's why he won't replace anyone on his staff. Everyone who stays will get one more season of college payday before they are all sent back to high school jobs. It makes me mad because any other coach we could have hired would actually be trying to get better coaches in here after two disasterous seasons.

Vito is a talented writer but has let his emotions get in the way of being professional.

Have you met the guy? I don't presume to know Brett very well, but "overly emotional" is about the last choice of phrase I'd use to describe him. In my interactions with him, it's been almost the opposite: his relationship with North Texas has been purely professional. I'm not sure if he has much emotional connection to UNT at all, positively or negatively.

Close - I was laughing about the Drake story going national in the same fashion as the drug one. Stupid media.

Homeboy handshake and chest bump?

Close - I was laughing about the Drake story going national in the same fashion as the drug one. Stupid media.

Homeboy handshake and chest bump?

Another example of Vito making the national media print a negative article, while the national guys don't dare report on him being scooped.

The conspiracy widens...

Oh, and who ever really looks at the thread topic

It's laughable to think Vito would be "replaced." He's actually doing his job - reporting. Dodge is the one not doing his job - winning football games in one of the weakest conferences in FBS football.

As I said before, this is the last season. Dodge has dug in, that's why he won't replace anyone on his staff. Everyone who stays will get one more season of college payday before they are all sent back to high school jobs. It makes me mad because any other coach we could have hired would actually be trying to get better coaches in here after two disasterous seasons.

All is a pretty strong word considering the only one's on staff now that came from the HS ranks are Dodge, Ford and George. Don't let your hate get in the way of the facts.

Edited by UNTLifer

Have you met the guy? I don't presume to know Brett very well, but "overly emotional" is about the last choice of phrase I'd use to describe him. In my interactions with him, it's been almost the opposite: his relationship with North Texas has been purely professional. I'm not sure if he has much emotional connection to UNT at all, positively or negatively.

I agree. I've talked to Brett a few times, while watching practices, and I got the same feeling. I feel he views the program without the emotional attachment many of us on the board have. I don't know if that is what people want or don't want, but that's my observation. I will say, he was always willing to give me his honest opinion of our program, where he thought it was, and where he thought it was going.

Good for you and Vito. Hope you'll be happy together. His story gets in some national publications, and we just look like another program full of weed freaks and dumbasses. I'm glad you're so proud of his accomplishments. You should frame his story so you can cherish it forever. Some people on here obviously idolize him.

Good for you and Vito. Hope you'll be happy together. His story gets in some national publications, and we just look like another program full of weed freaks and dumbasses. I'm glad you're so proud of his accomplishments. You should frame his story so you can cherish it forever. Some people on here obviously idolize him.

< caffine

To be fair, I send Vito my Sean Salisbury-esque text messages every Weds. (Quoner Wednesday or as Kansas fans would chant Rock, Chalk, flacid Quock!) but he never responds. He never responds or even gives me the courtesy of a good face pic.

That tease has a long way to go before he makes my wall of fame!

To be fair, I send Vito my Sean Salisbury-esque text messages every Weds. (Quoner Wednesday or as Kansas fans would chant Rock, Chalk, flacid Quock!) but he never responds. He never responds or even gives me the courtesy of a good face pic.

That tease has a long way to go before he makes my wall of fame!

What kind of adhesive you using for that wall?

Your anger is misdirected.

I don't think Vito is to blame, he's just reporting the facts. Seems to me the blame lies with the players that chose to smoke pot.

Then again, the m.o. Of this board lately is personal attacks and sophmoric humor by a couple of posters.

I wish Coach Drake and his family well and I hope he finds the position he is best suited for in the next few months...be it in Keller or elsewhere...nice comments from him upon leaving...now, i hope Coach Dodge goes out and gets an experienced college level coach as a replacement...it would help so much if Coach Dodge had "D1" level help on the sidelines in all the assistant positions..

Good luck Coach Drake, thanks for your efforts at UNT and your support for Coach Dodge...

GO MEAN GREEN!