Btw, There's A Game This Weekend

class84

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to believe that any defense could be as bad as this. Is anyone old enough to remember the NY Life commercials in the 70's or 80's, where an average Joe customer (usually a dweeb) playing for the NY Life football team would run for a TD thru 11 guys on defense falling over each other ?

Everytime I watch or listen to our games, I think of that NY Life commercial. It almost does not seem possible to be this bad when all of our players have 2 legs and 2 arms.

Has a little birdie been talking to you? :blink:

Or is this wishful thinking? :lol:

I have absolutely no inside info. It will be interesting to see if Deloach abandons ship for another job if Dodge is allowed to stay. If Deloach is suddenly offerred an "oppurtunity I can't refuse" as a position coach at another Sun Belt level school and takes it, that will say a lot about this program. That is if Deloach can get another job after the pathetic performance of his defense this year.

We all are graded on our job performance, and Dodge will be also. Just don't know if he survives this abomination of a season.

i'm waiting to see if any position coaches (not brought by dodge) or even deloach leaves this off season. if none leave then maybe they think dodge is doing a decent job, if any bail then it would definitely give credence to those who say he doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground.

yep, was my point about Deloach.

It's hard to believe that any defense could be as bad as this. Is anyone old enough to remember the NY Life commercials in the 70's or 80's, where an average Joe customer (usually a dweeb) playing for the NY Life football team would run for a TD thru 11 guys on defense falling over each other ?

Everytime I watch or listen to our games, I think of that NY Life commercial. It almost does not seem possible to be this bad when all of our players have 2 legs and 2 arms.

It is hard to believe that we STILL DON"T have a Play from under Center. Amazing.

Oh, Lord.

Tanner returns the second-half-opening kickoff for a touchdown. 52-13.

Love that special teams improvement!! Good thing we got a lot of work in during that week off!! Freaking embarassing! Special teams is coaching. We can't even kick an extra point consistently. I really don't see how Dodge survives this season.

Ok, to make the rest of this game interesting if not bearable, lets all guess MTSU's finally point total. I'm going with 79.

Phillip Tanner = Sun Belt Offensive Player of the week. Would be interesting to know how many of these this year were playing UNT when they won the award.

Love that special teams improvement!! Good thing we got a lot of work in during that week off!! Freaking embarassing! Special teams is coaching. We can't even kick an extra point consistently. I really don't see how Dodge survives this season.

I am still pissed from that fourth and inches and no play from under center. Is it too much to ask for Dodge to put in a play where our guys have a fighting chance to actually convert instead of the crap from shotgun with the handoff up the middle?

I think we are going to set a record for futility on extra points this year. Amazing.

I am still pissed from that fourth and inches and no play from under center. Is it too much to ask for Dodge to put in a play where our guys have a fighting chance to actually convert instead of the crap from shotgun with the handoff up the middle?

I think we are going to set a record for futility on extra points this year. Amazing.

Every time he pulls that crap, my respect drops 50%. The raw incremental decreases are too small to measure now.

I don't know if I can continue to donate my dollars for this... this is truly embarrassing. Something has to be done. I am not going to pretend to know what that is. But a change has to be made. There is no positive progression.

Don't abandon the program. As a donor, express your frustration constructively to RV and GB. I don't see any way that they are happy with the way things are progressing, er..regressing. There is no excuse for playing like a high school team week in and week out. You know it, they know it, and being a donor, you have a voice. Use it.

I don't know if I can continue to donate my dollars for this... this is truly embarrassing. Something has to be done. I am not going to pretend to know what that is. But a change has to be made. There is no positive progression.

We need to get a coach who can actually coach the talent we have. I do believe we have some talented players, but if this continues for another season or two...we may never recover.

We need to get a coach who can actually coach the talent we have. I do believe we have some talented players, but if this continues for another season or two...we may never recover.

We are already losing recruits, to schools like like la-mon. Nothing real positive out of the recruiting season, I think that speaks volumes. And BTW Since I am not a Mega Donor, I don't have a voice.