Who Are You A Fan Of And Why.

So the baseball thread kinda broke down into a discussion of team affiliations...and I thought that it was an interesting enough topic to start up a thread and find out where people's loyalties lie...and more importantly why.

So mine:

Baseball - Boston Red Sox - as was stated in the other thread I spent all my childhood summers an hour out of Boston, Fenway was the first place I ever saw a game and that place is basically my Mecca.

NBA - Dallas Mavericks - pure bandwagon...I'd love to play it off but I only started caring about the Mavs when they were running Nellie ball with Nashty and Dirk..and I had the same sort of mystique-laden backround for hoops too because I've seen 4 or 5 games at the Boston Garden when the Celts had Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, Dennis Johnson and the remarkably, almost unnaturally, energetic and quick Reggie Lewis (poor taste?)

Hockey - Hershey Bears, Dallas Stars - I lived in the Harrisburg area of PA in elementary school and I listend to damn near every Hershey Bears AHL game on the radio...got to go to 2 or 3...and I kinda supported the Hartford Whalers as a kid (I have a soft spot for teams that sucked). I moved to Texas a few years before the Stanley Cup championship, but find myself only paying attention to hockey once the Stars get past the first round

NFL - Don't care, my fantasy team (which even then I have occasional apathy)

College sports - UNT, Michigan - I was born in Michigan and grew up around Maize and Blue my entire life...still haven't been to a game at the Big House...its been a tough college football year for me.

Premiership - West Ham United - Green Street Hooligans...watch it

Women's Division III Lacrosse - Endicott College - my cousin's on the team...its really my family's only claim to sports fame

NFL: Miami Dolphins

NBA/NHL: Dallas

MLB: I used to be a Marlins fan when they started, but I have been so detached from the state of Florida for so long that despite 2 World Championships in 10 years, I couldn't continue to support them... much like the people of Miami.

College: North Texas. Now, I grew up a Florida Gators fan but I never went to the school. Does that make me Gator Douche? :unsure:

NFL: Miami Dolphins

NBA/NHL: Dallas

MLB: I used to be a Marlins fan when they started, but I have been so detached from the state of Florida for so long that despite 2 World Championships in 10 years, I couldn't continue to support them... much like the people of Miami.

College: North Texas. Now, I grew up a Florida Gators fan but I never went to the school. Does that make me Gator Douche? :unsure:

Your work for UNT has clearly overshadowed you being a Gator Douche :)

NFL - Dallas Cowboys - America's Team....need I say more? :)

NBA - Dallas Mavericks - Even when they were the laughing stock of professional sports.

MLB - Texas Rangers - Tough being a fan but I will never stop loving them or the great game.

NHL - Dallas Stars. I was a hockey fan before the Stars coming here as I was an avid Dallas Freeze fan of the CHL. Of the NHL teams I always liked the Penguins but since 94 I am a Stars nut.

Soccer - Sporting (Portuguese League) I am partly Portuguese so my love for Portugal soccer comes from that. I respect Arsenal from the EPL and am a fan of FC Dallas. When they were around I was a huge fan of the Tatu led Dallas sidekicks.

College - UNT all the way. As a young lad before college I always used to like the Miami Hurricanes. But in general I have always loved the underdog.

NFL - Cowboys- The first athletic event I can remember watching was the Cowboys beating the Redskins Jimmy's first year in Dallas. My mood is directly influenced by whats going on at Valley Ranch. All other things in my life are secondary to the Cowboys.

NBA - Dallas Mavericks- Pure homer, but if Dirk ever leaves my allegiance might go with him. Before he retired my favorite team was whoever Shawn Kemp was playing for.

MLB - Rangers- I generally only watch baseball until the Rangers are out of it.

Hockey - Dallas Stars- I only watch playoff hockey games that the Stars are playing in and winning. If they fall behind in a playoff game I'm out.

College - UNT, Michigan, Georgia- Grew up an Aggie kid. I still root for the Aggs to do well but mostly its just out of my hatred of UT. I really cant explain why I care about Michigan/Georgia. Michigan probably goes back to the Fab Five, Georgia...... might be because of a sweatshirt I was given as a kid. I've seen Michigan beat Northwestern in the Big House and Georgia beat Florida last year at the Worlds Biggest Cocktail Party and I'm not sure which was more enjoyable.

Soccer- hahahahahaha

I love this game.

College:

UNT, first and foremost. For better or worse, its where my money and emotions are spent. Secondary teams include:

UH- which was the first college game I ever attended with my dad, an alum. Watched Andre Ware sling it all over the field.

UT- I grew up in a longhorn household and I dont really care if that makes me a bandwagon fan or any other derisive term you can think up. I've watched them as long as I can remember. Half my family went there, a few of whom played sports there. That being said, nothing would make me happier than UNT beating them at anything. Even fencing.

I even pull for Rice on occasion as well, as its a hometown team and I think its perfectly acceptable to root for the institutions of higher education where you take residence. After all, isnt that what we want for UNT with the residents of Denton?

Pro Sports:

Is and always will be all things Houston. Texans. Rockets. Astros. Dynamo (that one is a recent development, I actually really enjoy the games). I don't care if we never win another championship in anything, I put on for my city! I still miss the hell out of the Oilers. Im still not over the Comeback- and I probably never will be.

My one totally off the wall random rooting interest is Auburn, and I really have no idea why. I just love the way they play defense. I mean, Im not passionate about them- I've never even been (in general, I try to spend as little time as humanly possible in Alabama)- I just love watching them play.

Ok, I'll play. I was born and raised in Ft. Worth, so I support all local teams.

NFL: Cowboys.

MLB: Rangers (sadly), and I also root for the Cats when I get the chance.

NBA: Mavs. When I watch, which isn't often.

NHL: Stars. Same story as basketball. Used to go to Ft. Worth Fire games when I was younger.

Soccer: Don't watch, don't care.

College: UNT first, Nebraska second. Both of my parents went to Nebraska, and I grew up watching Husker football. It is hard to give up something you have watched that long.

Your work for UNT has clearly overshadowed you being a Gator Douche :)

A common misapplication - Texas Douche is wardrobe driven, not allegiance driven. If Flyer started sporting a Gators hoodie to non-Gator events, then he is Gator douche,

Bud Adams....Your deepest thoughts?

Eh, I think maybe I should refrain. Instead I'll say that Bob McNair is all class. :D

Lets just say I'd be ok if the Titans never won another game, which makes their perfect start all the more frustrating for a Houston Homer like myself.

Edited by Eagle1855

NFL – My primary team is the Cowboys and has been since I moved here and then started becoming aware of sports. My problem is that there is so muh I dislike about most Cowboys fans that I end up having a torn allegiance whre the apocalypse around the losses is funny enough to make up for the disappointment. I root hard and swear at the TV every week, but the second it’s done, I’m okay again. As I stated in the other thread, my secondary team is the Falcons. My brother and I finally got see them again in 2005 as an early Christmas gift when they played the Saints in SA and had a blast. Then they drafted Matt Ryan, which was a family moment. I’ll explain down the page.

College- I get crap here because I have two degrees and spent 3 years at each school, but it is North Texas and A&M. UNT gets the majority of my interest and writing (as you can see from the blog), and I have a similar interest with A&M as I do with the Cowboys. I went into this season hoping for a combined 8 wins – and there’s still time!

The rest of college is confusing because of my family. My parents went to BC and my dad played football there, so that was the childhood team to root for. In the 90s, the run of knocking off #1 Notred Dame in football and #1 UNC led to some wonderful family moments that still stay with me. The only reason I did not go there was fear of leaving home/stupid high school girlfriend, but I still root for them. I also have a sister, brother-in-law and brother who went to Auburn, so I root for them to win, but don’t really structure my life or get affected either way regardless. My wife went to Texas and puts up with a ton in regard to NT, the blog and this board, so I try to be supportive there too. Before you mock me, imagine if your significant other was running around as a gay troll character on the internet for a few hours a day… the problem is that I still have years of wanting Texas to lose to unprogram, but such is love.

I also laugh at people who let college sports really affect their mood (maybe it’s all the losing I’ve followed), but to me it is more about having fun and seeing a good effort from the coaches and kids than bottom line results. If we were busting our asses with great schemes and improving (like SMU is), I’d have no complaints this year.

MLB – Rangers. I have a Red Sox soft spot, but don’t think I have a leg to try and really claim it, so I don’t really get out in front of that one. The Rangers occupy a ton of my time and analysis and I read the Newberg Report and other sources like a bible. Tasty and I even went to the “Meet Jon Daniels” night and learned all about the farm system together. It was magical. For me.

NHL – Stars. This is my strongest pro-allegiance. Hockey has been a priority rooting interest of my family and my brother and I buy playoff tickets to every game each year. It was expensive last year, but we even had a flight on hold to go to Detroit if there had been a Game 7. For me, nothing matches it. The Bruins are a secondary team that I like watching play, but it is pretty much a Stars extravaganza for me.

NBA – Mavs. It was my first NBA experience and I remember all the tickets they used to beg students to take in area elementary schools back in the day. I also wonder what ever happened to my Mashburn jersey.

Cowboys, Mavs, Rangers and UNT. Explanation, I am from the North Texas area.

I don't really understand the whole rooting for a team that is halfway across the country that you have no affiliation with. If you grew up in the area watching that team when you were young, then yeah, that is a good reason to be a fan. I just don't understand people jumping on the bandwagon for no apparent reason other than it being popular.

Above all else, I can't stand Red Sox and Yankees fans who have no reason to be fans of those teams. This is more so than any other teams in any other sports. At least most of the Texas douches we see are from the state of Texas and probably never went to college at any other school. They are still douches, but that is more forgivable then Red Sox/Yankees fans who have absolutely no ties with those teams.

Above all else, I can't stand Red Sox and Yankees fans who have no reason to be fans of those teams. This is more so than any other teams in any other sports. At least most of the Texas douches we see are from the state of Texas and probably never went to college at any other school. They are still douches, but that is more forgivable then Red Sox/Yankees fans who have absolutely no ties with those teams.

I could understand you saying that if someone just started rooting for the Red Sox a few years ago. But trust me, following the Red Sox was tough as hell for my childhood/teen years/early 20's.

After the 2003 ALCS I considered giving up baseball entirely.

As for the rest of my allegiances, I'll get to them later today when I can steal more than about 90 seconds from work. :lol:

OK...I'll play too:

SOCCER: Glascow Rangers and Coventry City FC and United States Merchant Marine Academy (GREAT DIII program) and UNT Women (along with the phantom UNT Men's team)...and FC Dallas

College Football: UNT & Oklahoma State U. (in that order)

Pro Football: Dallas Cowboys

Pro baseball: If I had to pick one it would be the St. Louis cardinals (it was the closest major league team to Dallas when I was growing up in Dallas)...2nd: Rangers, but not much interest in either or pro baseball in general

Hockey: Another "who cares" for me, but I do get the attraction for some folks....it's going to a fight and having a hockey game break out, right?

Basketball: UNT and Oklahoma State - the pro game hold little/no interest with me

SEE YOU AT FOUTS SATURDAY...GO MEAN GREEN!

MLB - Red Sox (see other thread)

NBA - Celtics (see other thread - but I don't follow the NBA like I did when I was a kid)

NHL - Buffalo Sabres; The first time I ever saw a hockey game was during the 1988 Winter Olympics. My nine year old self was fascinated by the sport and so after the Olympics I tried to figure out who to support. I thought a sword as a mascot was just about the most bad ass thing ever so I started following them which leads to...

NFL - Buffalo Bills; When I was very young I was a Cowboys fan. But I always had a soft spot for the Bills because they were freaking terrible in the mid to late 80's. My folks quit caring for the NFL after Tom Landry was fired(and to this day they never have gotten back into it...especially my father who has never watched a college or pro footall game since) and I guess I sorta felt like I had to start pulling for a new team. Since I had the built in love for Buffalo already it just seemed natural. I don't follow the NFL much anymore...basically quit when I was in my senior year of HS because I was ALWAYS working on Sundays. And in college I always worked Sundays so I could have Saturdays off to see NT play. So I just got out of the habit of caring for the NFL. I watch the Super Bowl and some of the playoffs, but that's about it.

College football - NT & Auburn Tigers; Just liked Auburn when I was young. No real reason why(other than Tigers were my favorite animal...but then again there are several other Tigers out there that I never got behind), but I always have. Honestly, I can't recall a time when I didn't like Auburn. That love might predate everything except the Celtics.

College Basketball - NT and Duke; I'm expecting the "bandwagoner" thing again. Of course it wouldn't really be accurate for me. The first season I remember following college ball was '86-87, so I was eight. I just thought a BLUE DEVIL was an awesome mascot EVER at that age(as an aside I also liked DePaul for a similar reason for a few years). The 1988 season I followed NT closely because we had such a great season, and that got me more and more into the game overall. So when NT started to go back into mediocrity(tho we did make conference title games every few years in the early-mid 90's) I followed Duke closer and closer until of course i started going to NT. Then it was back to the Mean Green totally.

I still follow Duke to a degree(mostly by box score), but I almost never see them play anymore unless it's the UNC game or March Madness.

Edited by CMJ

NFL: Houston Oilers. Loved Warren Moon and the real fab four, Curtis Duncan, Haywood Jeffires, Drew Hill and Ernest Givens. Once they moved I gave up on the NFL, but have since become interested in the Cowboys. I don't get real happy when they win, or too sad when the lose.

NBA: Grew up a Spurs fan, but I pull for the Mavs now. I don't really pay attention until playoff time.

NHL: Stars.

MLB: Grew up a Astros fan. The strikes, canceling of the WS, steroids, etc have killed it for me. Don't watch at all. This from a kid who would go walk to the neighbors and borrow the sports page every morning so I could read box scores.

Soccer: I don't pay a huge amount of attention till the world cup rolls around. I find that very enjoyable. In the EPL I keep tabs on Blackburn, followed them since Brad Friedle pulled them back into the EPL. EPL is mainly interesting to me because I found promotion and relegation fascinating. It like if the cowboys could be dropped into the arena leage with a bad year, and the desperadoes could take their place.

College: Duh. NT. My brother has always cheered for NT, and so I return the favor by pulling for Texas Tech when we aren't playing. But thats just to be nice. My one true sports love is North Texas.

Other: MotoGP. Man I love some MotoGP. 215 MPH, on a motorcycle... who needs safety cages?!

Me likey this game too:

Soccer: Even though its my favorite sport to watch and play, the only team I really watch and cheer for is Team USA due to lack of TV and highlight coverage here in the states. I would like to change that soon since the MLS is proving to be a stable (and thriving?) league. Maybe the Dynamo or Rapids.

NFL: Texans (yes I miss the Oilers too :( ). Born in Houston and cheered for H-town teams ever since (my story is eerily parallel to Eagle1855). So it then follows...

NBA: Rockets

MLB: Astros. The Red Sox have been my second team since 2002 and YES I do have a reason - a family friend has played for them since then. He's about to retire (I think) so they'll probably drop off the radar for me. The Rockies have been my third team since their big run last year.

College: Surprise!!! Its the Mean Green!!! I also route for UH cause my dad went there and I grew up rooting for them. (start flashback sequence) My most vivid/painful memory of this was in 1991 (I believe) when UH was #3 in the nation and my Dad and I went down to Austin to watch them play #16 Texas. Texas upset them but what made it even worse was that I believe #1 and #2 lost also so it was the Coogs chance to be #1. (end flashback sequence)

So the baseball thread kinda broke down into a discussion of team affiliations...and I thought that it was an interesting enough topic to start up a thread and find out where people's loyalties lie...and more importantly why.

Baseball - I am a Rangers fan, first and foremost, although I still follow and have a fondness in my heart for the KC Royals, who I latched on to before Texas had a team. One of my idols was Paul Splittorff. Houston is too far away, and they're in the National League. :) I'm an American League guy. Free agency killed a lot of appreciation I had for the pro game, although baseball will always be my first sports love. I enjoyed the 5 years I spent in Florida, because I got to see a lot of Grapefruit and class A ball while down there. Minor league games in particular are a stone blast. Cats included.

NBA - Dallas Mavericks. Don't enjoy pro basketball unless I'm watching it live, and can't stand to watch it for the most part due to the officiating.

Hockey - I watch the Stars during playoff time, and enjoy it live and on TV. Learned to watch hockey on NBC's game of the week in the 1970's. Regular season is pretty much a 'what are the standings right now' type of thing. Playoffs are another story.

NFL - Cowboys, although again, free agency dulled a lot of the team concept, which for me was why you affiliate yourself with a team in the first place. I have more than passing interest in the NFL, but am not on fire for it.

College sports - I applied to 2 schools as a HS senior: Texas and North Texas. I was accepted to both schools, then got an offer to play football at Pittsburg State in KS, but didn't want to leave the state to go to school. I grew up in the 70's going to Denton every week, so I got to see a lot of what Fry was making happen. First stadium I ever sat in was Fouts in mid-70s at a fireworks show. Didn't want to go to school so close to home (Justin), and had an uncle who worked at UT, a grandmother who would put me up while in college who lived in Austin, and thought I might try to walk on as a baseball player--(As an aside..HAHAHAHAHH!!! Like that was gonna happen!)--so I went to UT. Attended UT for 3 years, but got married and couldn't afford to go full time anymore, partied too much and got kicked out of grandma's house. Boo hoo. I root for both schools. I feel like you should support the home team. Denton County is where I grew up. First UNT game I saw live was, ironically at DKR on 9/24/83.

Soccer--Is boring.

• NFL: Dallas Cowboys. I'm kinda like Quoner where I scream and cuss at the TV when they play...but win or lose, at the end of the day I'm just not affected by it the way some are.

• NBA: Mavericks...strictly because they're all I know. I know little about basketball, but I'll get into the playoffs as long as the Mavs are there. Mark Cuban is the coolest MoFo owner and my step-dad took me to games when I was young...

• NHL: Stars. Again, I'll watch if they're on TV, but I don't follow them religiously or anything.

• MLB: Rangers and Red Sox. I still very much love the Rangers and love trips to the Ballpark. I remember seeing Nolan Ryan at old Arlington Stadium. I remember Sammy Sosa's first major league homer (off Roger Clemens, I believe). The Rangers will always be my first love.

That said, I feel I should explain how the Red Sox became my team. Back in 01-02 I was dating a girl from New Hampshire. Because of her and the time I spent in the area, I fell in love with Boston, the Sox, Fenway, the history, etc. I also kinda fell into the whole "having your heart broken" every year thing (at least you had some history to talk about with the Sox...as opposed to just having your heart broken with the Rangers every year). When the two play against each other, I root for the one with the worse record...unless it's a doubleheader, then I take two hats and two shirts..one for each game...lol!

• Soccer: I dig the Premiership, in part, for the same reasons Cerebus does...the whole thing just fascinates me. I follow Arsenal a little bit...and I'm really looking forward to possible making a trip to see a match at Emirates Stadium.

• College: NT, of course. That needs no explanation. I figure we're all people of better character for having endured. I also follow Notre Dame a little bit because of the many friends I made from my work at Camp Sweeney. Most of the counselor staff was hired from ND, so I've seen a few games in South Bend.

• Other: Motocross/Supercross - Dad took me and my little bro to the Supercross races at Texas Stadium when we were kids...and ever since I saw Jeremy McGrath Nac-Nac over the triples...I was a fan. I still try to make a race every year...

NFL - Cowboys....grew up in California and didn't like the Niners and the Cowboys pwned in the 90's

NBA - Mavericks...wasnt really in to NBA that much post Jordan era but since I moved here, Let's go Mavs

NHL - Stars....always liked Dallas sports teams as a kid

MLB - Mariners....played for a pee-wee mariners team and then they had that incredible 96 season so I got hooked

College - Fresno State, UNT - Grew up watching Fresno State..parents taught there. UNT - duh

Baseball: Rangers, Astros, Cubs

Pro Football: Cowboys, tryin to support the Texans but am apathetic towards them. Used to like the Oilers

Pro Basketball: Mavs

Hockey: Stars

Soccer: UNT Women, other than that, could care less

College Sports: North Texas

Grew up in Denton so I like the DFW teams.

Like the Astros and liked the Oilers because they were NL or AFC and could only really face the Rangers or Cowboys for the chamionship, in which I would pick the Dallas teams. Hate the Rockets because they've always been in the Mavs division. Cubs fan, because my sister lived in Chicago for a while and I was able to attend one of their games, plus they were always on television when I was a kid.

Edited by UNTLifer

MLB - I am a die hard Texas Rangers fan. I died hard many times. I grew up an Astros fan and changed my allegiance in '86 when I was a board op for an AM station in Gladewater, TX that carried the Rangers. Also about that time I became a Mets fan. Long live Bill Buckner. I had a bet of massive proportions on that series.

Football - I am a Cowboys fan. I've been a fan since I can remember. I gave up my allegiance the 3 years of Barry Switzer.

Basketball - Once again, I grew up a fan of the Houston team, but became a Mavs fan when I moved to Denton. Mostly, though, I hate the Spurs.

Hockey - I live in Texas.

College football - I grew up a Texas Longhorn fan. I'm from a UT family. I married into a UT family. I didn't know a damn thing about NT football when I moved to Denton, but knew no matter what, this is my team and I'm going to love them come hell or high water. I love UNT. That was solidified one day in the 80's when UT robbed my Mean Green of a victory. I was raising hell in the UT student section. It's still the most talked about sporting event between me and my brother. I also like Penn State. It's wierd, but I think JoPa is the best coach ever in college football. Mostly I have a lot of hate for Tech, SMU, and U. Houston, Oklahoma and TAMU. Generally I root for non-BCS vs BCS. There are exceptions.

Other college sports - I root for the underdog mostly.

Ill Give this a try

I was born and Raised in New Hampshire, i moved to arkansas when i was 16, and Texas when i was 18, been here for 3 years as im now 21.

NFL- The New England Patriots. I grew up in the 90's watching Parcells, Bledose and Curtis Martin. Then it was Brady, Brown, Bruschi and other...and the 3 rings...i was devistated when they lost the SB in 1996 to Brett Farve and the Packers and i liked them when they were 1-16. I love the pats and think its funny that so many people hate them.

NBA- The Boston Celtics. I didnt get into the celtics untill about 1996, i was to young to remember the bird years. I follwed them with Antoine Walker, Paul Peirce and Now the BIG 3...im was so happy as the celitcs championship this year was the first in my life time ( born in 1987). It was great to finally see the celtics return to glory.

MLB- The Boston Red Sox. I loved the sox since i walked into fenway park for the first time in 1997 when i was 10 years old...seeing that park, it was the most magical feeling in the world. I HATE the yankees and wanted to shoot Aaron Boone in 2003....2004- now have been great....sunday night was hard but ive gotten over it. Go SOXS...

NHL- The Boston Bruins. I dont watch much hockey but i pull for the B's. They havent won the cup in 30 years and are overdue...they got a good young team and hope they go far soon.

College- UNT and Boston College and UNH. I love UNT ofcourse. My Dad's alma matta is University of New Hampshire (UNH) and they have a great hockey team which i like, thier other sports are all D I-AA. BC i like but i dont freak out if they loose...they were my D I-A fix for a long time untill i came to UNT. ill root for BC if they in the NCAA tourny or a bowl...

My Dad grew up in Newton, a suburb of Boston so he raised me to be a diehard boston sports fan ( hence the name bstnsportsfan3). Im trying to bring the Passion of Boston Sports to UNT...ask the pit crew or the students at the football game if im LOUD! lol...

• NFL: The Boys. Though my love of the NFL is falling, I do hate free agency and salary caps. I liked when teams stayed together for years on end and I could watch a team grow and peak. You knew where the teams were each year now it is a bit of a crap shoot.

• NBA: Mavs, though I don't really enjoy the game.

• NHL: Stars. Love the Stars, I go to as many games as I can.

• MLB: Yankees & Rangers. Yankees because spending my summers in NY with grandparents as a kiddo, my grandmother had the Yanks on every night they played. I have met several as a kid, Mickey Mantle I was privileged to meet dozens of times. My dad was an airline pilot with Braniff back in the day, Mickey used to fly back and forth on them all the time. My parents would drag me up to NY once a month to visit family and my father's plane was up there. My dad's family owned and operated a small airport in the Catskill mountains. As non-revs we usually sat in 1st class and he would hit on my mom almost everytime we saw him on a flight' plus he ate in a small Mexican hole-in-the wall near our house called Cantu's. When he would see us there he would always stop bye and say hi. My mom was a pretty hot blond at the time.

The Rangers also but it has been a tough 35+ years.

• College Football:UNT, because its my school. But as a kiddo I was a UT fan but that has faded to just about nothing. I only cheer UT on when they play out of state teams. Texas schools first for me.

Guest JohnDenver

College: UNT. Never was a fan of college sports growing up. Never cheered for any college in anything... In fact, I *hated* college football. The whole ND Ismail, Bosworth, insanity, drove me crazy. I went to UT, didn't enjoy my time there, came to UNT and found a home. Not that UNT accepts me for who I am, but I accept them for all its flaws.

NFL: Born in Denver. 99% of family still resides in Colorado. Loved the Broncos growing up... maybe all their Superbowl destruction caused me to love the underdog. Who knows. However, within the last 10 years the Cowboys have taken over the #1 spot for NFL.

NBA: Mavericks. Season ticket holder with Stebo for many years now. Wife was a big fan as a child. Loved the J's. Most of my Reunion trips were to watch the Sidekicks, but I did like the Mavericks too. In college started watching a lot more NBA, and that is when Finley became my Dallas hero. Now that I live in OKC, I am trying to get into the Thunder, but it is underwhelming.

Soccer. Right. No way. I played soccer growing up... for 7 years. That is enough of that sport for me. Now that the Sidekicks are gone, no use for a soccer ball at all.

NHL: Negative. I can hardly name a team outside the Stars and the Avalanche.

MLB: Rangers are the only team. I appreciate them in all their unfulfilled glory.