Tulsa Game Attendance Predictions

KRAM1

So, what does everyone think the attendance will be for Saturday's home opener? I hope we get 20,000 plus. That would sem to be a decent crowd given where UNT has been drawing the last year or so. Does anyone have any idea about student attendance? Anyone attend the Dog Pound T-Shirt exchange or has that happened as yet? I don't recall the date, may be later this week. But, does nayone know if there is any "cahtter" about the game in the dorms, frat and sorority houses, campus organizations, Talons, etc., etc.? If we get a good student turnout this could be a great opening attendance game...

And, how many of this board will be at Fouts Saturday. My bride and I will be there, and we'll be there early for the pre-game fun! Can't wait...

FILL FOUTS FIELD!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going along with at least 6 other RA's from victory....and were bringing i think 27 students as apart of our hall spirit organization VICTORY POUND! ( yes it was named before Dodge made his Dog pound....we already made signs and didnt wanna change the name!)

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

Over 23,000 maybe over 25,000.

The home season opener usually draws well so 18-20K North Texas fans is probable.

Tulsa has been very successful since the last time the 2005 game and will bring many more fans than 2005, possibly 4-6K depending on weather forecast. It's also the closest road game for the Tulsa fans but many may forego the trip since they also play at SMU next month. This game would have been better for Tulsa and North Texas if it were played in the alternating years in which they don't play at SMU.

I see this as being an excellent series for both schools. It's financially lucrative, and it gives recruiting exposure in the right areas. The only bad thing about it are the butt kickings that we have received in recent years. (I still can't believe; favored to win and lost by over 50. Not too often that happens.)

Well, at least Cedrick Hardman set the NCAA single game sack record by recording 11 one afternoon against Tulsa in 1969.

Edited by ADLER

Well, at least Cedric Hardman set the NCAA single game sack record by recording 14 one afternoon against Tulsa in 1969.

:o

The QB must have just decided to lie down every time he saw him coming!

EDIT: No offense, but are you sure that's accurate? Wikipedia is by no means perfect, but it says quite differently.

Single Game Pass Sacks - 7.5 - Kevin McNamara, St. John’s (Minn.) vs. Monmouth (Ill.) (DIII) Nov. 19, 2005

6.0 - Ameer Ismail, Western Mich. vs. Ball St. (FBS) Oct. 21, 2006

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

(I still can't believe; favored to win and lost by over 50. Not too often that happens.)

That was a very strange game. We scored first on a safety and all but shut them down in the 1st Qtr, then it was off to the races on the back of that badass tight end. Then there was that craptacular 4th and eternity series. Amazing.