Incredible Effort To Force Feed Smu Down Dfw's Throat.

FirefightnRick

It's easy to believe this is allowed. Every major news outlet in America is owned by someone else. It just so happens that the Wilson is a power-spot in both SMU and Channel33. So for him, it's easier to sway people to SMU, or at least forcefeed, than it is for most news outlets.

How he pulled that off with Cowboys season coming up, I don't know.

What the hell, man? Hard to believe this is allowed. A local news channel left with 45 seconds to cover anything else sports news worthy because of a member's connection to one school.

Rick

Ah, why do you think you see sooooo much cowboys bs on every night? It happens all of the time... more and more thee days....

Though as a minority here I prefer SMU over most other teams (aside from us, of course), that's ridiculous. Though not as deserving as we were a few years ago, I'm with TY about TCU. They're currently the most successful DFW team. With their current success, our recent success, and the excitement about both Dodge and June, can't they do a once-a-week DFW Trio feature? If one school has a bye week, no real news, if another had a great week or interesting news, give them the majority of the spot. I wonder if their ratings might take a dive. DFW is a pretty big place, and the majority aren't going to be SMU fans. "Local college ball" would retain more attention across the board.

Though as a minority here I prefer SMU over most other teams (aside from us, of course), that's ridiculous. Though not as deserving as we were a few years ago, I'm with TY about TCU. They're currently the most successful DFW team. With their current success, our recent success, and the excitement about both Dodge and June, can't they do a once-a-week DFW Trio feature? If one school has a bye week, no real news, if another had a great week or interesting news, give them the majority of the spot. I wonder if their ratings might take a dive. DFW is a pretty big place, and the majority aren't going to be SMU fans. "Local college ball" would retain more attention across the board.

Sadly for Channel 33, They used to have a very friendly North Texas Sports Dept. and it was easy to be when we were winning championships. Where did I put that number to the old News Director's Office. I bet it is still the same....

I think the real question is whether there is enough interest in SMU among the DFW viewers (I don't know how many tune in to watch the WB33 for news) to garner such coverage for a small school.

Exactly. You just said it in less words ;)

Sadly for Channel 33, They used to have a very friendly North Texas Sports Dept. and it was easy to be when we were winning championships. Where did I put that number to the old News Director's Office. I bet it is still the same....

Ah, here we go: 214-252-3310. That used to work anyhow, and I don't know who they have leading that bunch now. If that doesn't work, I'm sure this info is correct....

http://www.the33tv.com/pages/contact_us

Can't get too worked up about this one. The guy has a big interest in the station and, so he liokes SMU...who the heck watches the show anyway? It is not a government deal where everyone has to have equal time so their "feelings" won't be hurt. It's his deal, the station is a for=profit entity. Let the market decide if what the station is doing is what it should be doing. SMU is, well, SMU. I am glad we have them down the road so we can have some sort of rivalry with some school within "shouting distance". Can't get worked up about TCH, but SMU is fun to have around.

I hope June Jones gets the program going. Can't hurt UNT to have a good program down the road that will play us from time to time.

GO MEAN GREEN!

SMU gets smoked tonight on ESPN. Rice will throw all over that Defense just like Meager. Rice's QB can wing it and is a 5th year senior along with having a NFL bonafide WR in Jarrett Dillard who himself has been an all-american.

This game won't be close.

Edited by nautique

SMU gets smoked tonight on ESPN. Rice will throw all over that Defense just like Meager. Rice's QB can wing it and is a 5th year senior along with having a NFL bonafide WR in Jarrett Dillard who himself has been an all-american.

This game won't be close.

Care to take an over/under on how many passing yards Rice will rack up? I'm setting it at 450...

It's easy to believe this is allowed. Every major news outlet in America is owned by someone else. It just so happens that the Wilson is a power-spot in both SMU and Channel33. So for him, it's easier to sway people to SMU, or at least forcefeed, than it is for most news outlets.

How he pulled that off with Cowboys season coming up, I don't know.

--Have you ever watched Fox news...??

Slap my hand... bad boy!!!

This is why it is good to have alums in positions that could be helpful....which includes the state legislature...for funding etc.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Jesus, Quoner. That post reached new levels of lazy editing. I am impressed. It makes TY look like friggin' Khaled Hosseini.

Actually I tend to think of TY more like Nabakov.

Intenshiotnal?