Proposing A New Policy

Chris-Chris is a Ticket character who is preppy, drives a luxury car and is totally self-absorbed. His signature theme is the first drum hit from "Ants Marching."

Also don't forget that he is swimming in debt because everything is on credit...yet for some reason he is always quick to ask "wanna compare W-2's"

I can excuse Green P1's confussion if he is still in school...I mean, I still knew Chris-Chris, but "Why Today Doesn't Suck" used to be the reason I got out of bed. Perhaps he's just an evening P1 who sleeps through much of the Muse.

Never leave that lifestyle, man.

I mean NEVER

Also don't forget that he is swimming in debt because everything is on credit...yet for some reason he is always quick to ask "wanna compare W-2's"

I can excuse Green P1's confussion if he is still in school...I mean, I still knew Chris-Chris, but "Why Today Doesn't Suck" used to be the reason I got out of bed. Perhaps he's just an evening P1 who sleeps through much of the Muse.

Never leave that lifestyle, man.

I mean NEVER

Nope, I can't claim that as an excuse, my day starts with the 8:40 bit. More than the actual training camp coverage, I'm looking forward to a couple visits from the Skinlanin Brothers.

The only excuse I can claim is that my hatred for the Dave Mathews Band causes an immediate power down once it's recognized.

OK...I'm bored, so what the heck!

07_Suzuki_SX4_02.jpg

'08 Suzuki SX4 Crossover

My main driver. Getting 29-31 consistently. Preface that with the fact that I only go over 65 if I'm late to something important or on long road trips.

Great car that doesn't get enough credit.

N53417.jpg

'07 Jeep Wrangler X

Gets 17 in town (the wife mostly drives it)...I can squeeze 22 out of it on the highway. With this one, I almost never take it above 55. Its a jeep! I wasn't built for speed! :) Gotten me through a couple heavy snowstorms/blizzards.

1023_L.jpg

'04 Nissan 350Z Touring

Who cares what the milage is...only drive it once every couple of weeks or so. Sometimes the wife takes off with it...she's sneaky like that.

I cruise around in all three of these blasting some DMB.........braw.

Edited by BeanCounterGrad'03

I live right in the middle of the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. I sold my old car before moving here about 6 1/2 years ago thinking I'd buy a new one soon. But alas, Hollywood has a parking shortage and I can walk to alot of places so I never invested in a car. Now I look like a genius as I heard recently on the news MTA transit here is up about 10 percent(and I can tell you riding it I can tell.

So anyways, this is my mode for getting most places.

800px-Long_Los_Angeles_Metro_Rapid_Bus_2

Now if I can at all get anywhere by train I will. The Red Line(Subway) goes from Union Station Downtown to North Hollywood. So I can get quite a few places using it, and I do.

la-rrt-trn-vermont-beverly-stn-pax-19990

The MTA train lines(of which there are only 4 at this point, but they are now really planning on expanding the service based on recent ridership levels) intersect at various points. So if I need to go to say....Pasadena for a UCLA game at the Rose Bowl I can take the Red Line to the Gold line and whip out there to watch the Bruins.

la-lrt-goldline-trn-s-pasadena-stn-testi

One way tickets are $1.25. All day passes at 5 bucks. Weekly rates are $17 and monthly are $62. As long as I live in the middle of the city, I'll never buy a car again.

Edited by CMJ

Now if I can at all get anywhere by train I will. The Red Line(Subway) goes from Union Station Downtown to North Hollywood. So I can get quite a few places using it, and I do.

la-rrt-trn-vermont-beverly-stn-pax-19990

I took this very line to Hollywood a few years ago. A word of advice to first time visitors... don't take the train to Hollywood at night.

I took this very line to Hollywood a few years ago. A word of advice to first time visitors... don't take the train to Hollywood at night.

Hmm, I've ridden that train countless times at all manner of times(up until say midnight when it quits running) and never felt unsafe. At least not on the Red Line.

The Blue Line at night can get sketchy, but even that I've ridden late at night a few times.

Guest JohnDenver

2503790_5.jpg

Mine: G35 -- ~27 highway. ~18 city.

I work at home 7 days a week. I ride my bike to lunch. I ride my bike to the store. I rarely drive anymore.

post-666-1216268565_thumb.png

Mine: Beetle. ~18 city. People "remember" this car being good on gas... I suppose compared to a land-boat Oldsmobile, it was good. But not by today's standards for same type cars.

This only rolls on game days and very moderate sunny weekend days.

000409-9228.jpg

Wife: TDI Jetta -- ~55 highway. ~43 city.

This is our road trip machine. The wife's hospital gig is 4 miles from our house. Daily total driving (even on the weekends) is like 10 miles.

TL Type S.

Gov't figures are 18/26 but I keep close track of this and I get about 21/32.

It is also ULEV rated.

Maybe I have a magic car? :huh:

I usually just go to fueleconomy.gov and that is usually the most accurate of all of them. I have a friend with an 06 TSX and he gets much better gas mileage than advertised.

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, average about 20 mpg

Mine: n1525950282_30086773_3641.jpg

Not Mine: 2001chevroletsilverado150020193890-.jpg

1987 Dodge RamCharger LE, its says about 10 mpg, I am lucky enough to average about 13. Not cheap to drive at all, sadly this truck does more sitting than driving but I don't think I can ever get rid of it.

Not Mine but its a Twin: pic-15364.jpg

1931 Ford Model A, claims to get 25-30 mpg but since the engine seems to get flooded many times when you start up and since I have not installed the new odometer yet I have no idea what mileage I am getting.

n23908681_30190472_2132-1.jpg

USATS-5 Tug, 16 gallon diesel tank max speed 13 mph. Once again not sure on mileage. Still a pain to fill up.

tug.jpg

2005 Ford F150. The heaviest half ton pickup in the market in '05. Set the IIHS crash test standard for it's class that year, which is the most important aspect of this truck regardless of what the price of fuel is these days. 19.6 mpg on the last three road trips. No idea what it gets in town because I never fill up. Other than the safety rating, why I drive this truck?

1. I live in the country...in Texas, plus you can't put a Mean Green hitch cover on a Vespa.

ntwins1.jpg

2. You can't pull 50 foot vines out of your oak trees down in the creek with a honda accord.

f150nvines_640x480.jpg

3. You can't haul 360 plus linear feet of lumber in a Prius.

f150nlumber_500x375.jpg

4. And lastly, you just can't can't launch the 23 foot Glastron/Larson to go skiing/fishing with a Ford Focus.

f150nboat_500x375.jpg

:D

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

2005 Ford F150. The heaviest half ton pickup in the market in '05. Set the IIHS crash test standard for it's class that year, which is the most important aspect of this truck regardless of what the price of fuel is these days. 19.6 mpg on the last three road trips. No idea what it gets in town because I never fill up. Other than the safety rating, why I drive this truck?

1. I live in the country...in Texas, plus you can't put a Mean Green hitch cover on a Vespa.

ntwins1.jpg

2. You can't pull 50 foot vines out of your oak trees down in the creek with a honda accord.

f150nvines_640x480.jpg

f150nlumber_500x375.jpg

4. And lastly, you just can't can't launch the 23 foot Glastron/Larson to go skiing/fishing with a Ford Focus.

f150nboat_500x375.jpg

Rick

So did you just happen to have stock photographs of your truck clearing brush, prepping for outhouse construction and hauling your boat (motor boat accidents cause on average 787 deaths per year...I'm considering calling for their elimination)...or did you doll it up, give it the good turtle wax and take it out for some glamour shots specifically to post on this thread?

So did you just happen to have stock photographs of your truck clearing brush, prepping for outhouse construction and hauling your boat (motor boat accidents cause on average 787 deaths per year...I'm considering calling for their elimination)...or did you doll it up, give it the good turtle wax and take it out for some glamour shots specifically to post on this thread?

Why, you got something against outhouses too? :D

No, I take a crap load of photos and everything above I posted are from activities from the last two and a half weeks. By the way, remember my trip to Midlothian to look at some lumber for a project I'm working on for the kids(a Tree House) when I saw and took the photos of Midlothian's football stadium? Well, that's the wood I brought back. It all was removed from a 100 plus year old farmhouse and is mostly 1 by 12 pine and cedar boards, probably over $400 dollars worth of remarkably good, remaining lumber that I paid a total of $18 for. Yes, EIGHTEEN DOLLARS. Imagine that CBL?.... GIGANTO-CARBON-FOOTPRINTING FirefightinRick RECYCLING and SAVING THE EARTH!!!!!???? OMG!!!!! :blink::blink::blink: Also, on Monday of this week I bought $180 worth of quality, galvanized corrugated tin for $75. Every sheet was straight, unbent and weathered just right for the theme I'm shooting for and all of it had come off of an old barn out in Ranger Texas.

By the way, the Tree House will have 100 square feet of living space inside and is a unique design that is self supported by the trunks of the trees(nothing touching the ground) and actually floats between two trees, allowing them to sway, hopefully without damaging the structure within? I have just about an acre of back yard that is umbrella'ed(is that a word?) under large post oaks and I have been waiting several years now for the kids to finally get big enough for me to build this thing. If it turns out half as nice as Boomer I'll be very very proud.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

--I've posted several times about energy... My last four rides all have used 23-25 MPG. Dodge mini-van, Honda CRV, Mercedes-300, Pymouth mini-van.

Mass transportation is not an option here in West Texas. I am 1/2 mile from work, wife is 2.5 miles.

I guess yawl know but I-20 past Monahans and I-10 past Kerrville has a 80 mph speed limit. If you have been there you understand why.

• Upvote 1

My daily driver is a '94 Honda Accord coupe in which I commute ~80miles roundtrip Mon-Fri to work from Denton to Dallas. I get about 24-28mpg.

My weekend grocery getter is a Jeep SRT8:

user1983_1157164856.jpg.

Obviously, this image is not my vehicle but it's the same one. Getting about 12mpg. :)

Edited by Got5onIt

Couldnt find my pic of CBL's Mom but thats my main ride....

According to your tastes I'm now attempting to trace our lineage...does this make us brothers...or am I sort of an uncle to you? It gets so convoluted...you're the expert...could you help me out?

• 5 months later...

ntwins1.jpg

f150nvines_640x480.jpg

f150nlumber_500x375.jpg

f150nboat_500x375.jpg

Rick

f150skitrip.jpg

Just to add one more thing you can't do in a Vespa, but you can do in the F150 Ford 4x4. Take the family of 4 and all of their gear to the mountains for a bit of snow skiing. Oh, and the 21.8 mpg average on the trip back to Texas wasn't too bad either.

Rick

http://images.automotive.com/color/300x187...CAC111A0801.jpg

2008 white Cadillac CTS. I only live 7 minutes from my job, so 14 minute daily commute. I also have UNT plates.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2

Until I order my new one, I am driving a 2005 MINI Cooper. High 20s city, low to mid 30s hwy.

MINI2.jpg

The new ones get better mileage with more power.

My wife loves these cars, but I can't imagine that they are very safe when it comes to gravel trucks on 380, where most of our driving is done.

I guess yawl know but I-20 past Monahans and I-10 past Kerrville has a 80 mph speed limit. If you have been there you understand why.

Have driven from Denton to El Paso several times to see my brother in the last 4 years and you are right.....if you have been there, you understand the 80mph speed limit.

I drive a 2002 Honda Accord Ex, and up until 2 weeks ago, my wife drove a 1997 Nissan Sentra (which is now for sale)....she now drives a Nissan Morano (which I am unsure of the mileage) which appears to get a little less than her sentra.

I found my old mini-bike in the back of the parents barn over the holidays. As soon as I find a new chain she'll be my (somewhat illegal) around town ride. I don't think her 5 hp Tecumseh motor gets very good mileage though. :mellow:

Edited by Green P1