Qb Situation

MCMLXXX

I think that really sums it up, at the moment it sounds to me that Riley will red shirt for sure.

I wonder what the depth chart will look like, I Understand that Tune has been moving up the ladder,

1 Vizza

2 Tune

3 Meager

4 Phillips

5 Dodge (Red shirt)

I think that really sums it up, at the moment it sounds to me that Riley will red shirt for sure.

I wonder what the depth chart will look like, I Understand that Tune has been moving up the ladder,

1 Vizza

2 Tune

3 Meager

4 Phillips

5 Dodge (Red shirt)

Tune did have a fine spring, however Meager split time with the first string in the final scrimmage so I'd say he at least starts fall camp at #2.

As for Riley, I believe his spot will be determined by several factors. If his recovery progress goes well, and I'd bet Riley is already ahead of pace, then we'll see how he looks and feels in the All-Star game this summer. I say he redshirts if pain lingers, but if he's doing well with the rehab going into fall camp then things could get interesting.

If Vizza has the team progressing from last year then again I'd say the odds for Riley to redshirt are good. However, if the team goes 0-fer-September and looks stale then some changes may be more readily accepted, and needed. I don't see Riley wasting a year as a backup; he either starts or redshirts.

tDodge may want to think twice before starting his son until the O-line situation is fixed. Riley doesn't have the physical size of Vizza and could not take the beating that Vizza has endured without major injuries.

This is set up perfectly for Dodge, Rodge and Vizza. Dodge has his QB's set for the next 5 yrs. Vizza starts from here on out barring a catastrophe. With a SR back up this year. Rodge red-shirts and figures to be the back up next year as a RSF. I would expect him to see some playing time as a RSF. A series here and there, mop up duty. Then as a Soph, and with Vizza a SR. I would expect to see Rodge get in for a few more series with some being meaningful. Vizza graduates, Rodge takes over for 2 years with some experience under his belt. Win win for all

This is set up perfectly for Dodge, Rodge and Vizza. Dodge has his QB's set for the next 5 yrs. Vizza starts from here on out barring a catastrophe. With a SR back up this year. Rodge red-shirts and figures to be the back up next year as a RSF. I would expect him to see some playing time as a RSF. A series here and there, mop up duty. Then as a Soph, and with Vizza a SR. I would expect to see Rodge get in for a few more series with some being meaningful. Vizza graduates, Rodge takes over for 2 years with some experience under his belt. Win win for all

Stated perfectly.

agreed. well-said

1 Vizza

2 Tune

3 Meager

4 Phillips

5 Dodge (Red shirt)

There is another guy that is the number 6 at Qb. Who is he?

Don Giovanni has a firm grip on the family business. He will make an example of any young up and comers who don't show the proper respect.