Great Article On Coach Stephens

SUMG

I can see why a committee would be impressed with that kind of presentation.

Ditto guess it makes me feel somewhat better that it appears she really wants to be a head coach and put forth the effort to show her strengths and determination.

Hope she does well for the masses.

I wish coach Stephens all the best. Her enthusiasm is refreshing for us all. But it doesn't erase the memory I have of that same kind of enthusiasm everyone had when we all first met with Coach Trilli. And he DID recruit well here.

Be a smart ass all you want towards those who have concerns over this hire. Just remember to take it well when it comes back at you two, three years down the road if it doesn't work out.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I wish coach Stephens all the best. Her enthusiasm is refreshing for us all. But it doesn't erase the memory I have of that same kind of enthusiasm everyone had when we all first met with Coach Trilli. And he DID recruit well here.

Be a smart ass all you want towards those who have concerns over this hire. Just remember to take it well when it comes back at you two, three years down the road if it doesn't work out.

Rick

That is true and you are correct but it goes both ways too...she may be really successfull here and a few years down the road she will have proved all the naysayers wrong.

Agreed.

Lucky for her she proofread carefully and didn't accidentally turn in her booklet for success at SMU or UTA.

I hear that one bad cover letter can REALLY mess things up for you.

Rick

Do you have concerns over the hire, or the hiring process? I think I know the answer, but I think you should speak for yourself rather than I.

It is certainly understandable to be a skeptic about the way this went about because of some parallels to the Trilli situation. However, that doesn't mean the same thing will transpire. Sounds like Stephens just came in and impressed the hell outta everybody. As a prospective employer, isn't that what you want to see?

Just because one applicant is the obvious hire, doesn't make another one the wrong hire.

If she doesn't pan out in 5 - 10 years, every one will say how stupid the committee/RV was. If she blows this program up, they will be genius*. That's how this business works and they know it.

*and average attendance will increase by 100

Do you have concerns over the hire, or the hiring process? I think I know the answer, but I think you should speak for yourself rather than I.

It is certainly understandable to be a skeptic about the way this went about because of some parallels to the Trilli situation. However, that doesn't mean the same thing will transpire. Sounds like Stephens just came in and impressed the hell outta everybody. As a prospective employer, isn't that what you want to see?

Just because one applicant is the obvious hire, doesn't make another one the wrong hire.

If she doesn't pan out in 5 - 10 years, every one will say how stupid the committee/RV was. If she blows this program up, they will be genius*. That's how this business works and they know it.

*and average attendance will increase by 100

I must have missed the part in my posts in which I stated that I speak for "greenminer"?

Rick

She should get at least 5 years.

So, are you saying you enjoyed the basketball enthusiasm Trilli employed to the public, but then failed as a coach. Or are you saying I told you so, you should have listened to me, I knew it would not workout. The new coach has a plan that the hiring committee thought was the best fit for the program. They are saying this is who we should have for the time being.

I must have missed the part in my posts in which I stated that I speak for "greenminer"?

Rick

I meant in regards to answering my question...

To clarify: I think I know the answer, but I wanted to hear from you instead of just assuming. :thumbsup:

Edited by greenminer

Rick

Or you know, you could just give her a shot and hold back statements of criticism until she does in fact, mess up. Hey, I had concerns about Dodge's hire, but it seems to be working out despite how bad last season was.

You know...

Does anyone think it unfair that Dodge is basically given a free pass for last year's foul-up while Coach Stephens is already looked at as a complete washout? I mean, seriously?

Or you know, you could just give her a shot and hold back statements of criticism until she does in fact, mess up. Hey, I had concerns about Dodge's hire, but it seems to be working out despite how bad last season was.

You know...

Does anyone think it unfair that Dodge is basically given a free pass for last year's foul-up while Coach Stephens is already looked at as a complete washout? I mean, seriously?

What statements of criticism of coach Stephens by me are you referring to?

Rick

So, are you saying you enjoyed the basketball enthusiasm Trilli employed to the public, but then failed as a coach. Or are you saying I told you so, you should have listened to me, I knew it would not workout. The new coach has a plan that the hiring committee thought was the best fit for the program. They are saying this is who we should have for the time being.

You quoted me as saying "She should get five years." I mean should get 5 years. You don't have to read anything into it.