Practice Tomorrow?

emmitt01

Vito indicated in his blog that there would be a practice tomorrow (Sat) due to the start of spring ball being pushed back a day. The AD website though indicates only a practice today and then starting back up on Monday. http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1406125

I'd really like to go to see practice tomorrow but don't wanna make the trip for nothing. Any ideas?

Vito indicated in his blog that there would be a practice tomorrow (Sat) due to the start of spring ball being pushed back a day. The AD website though indicates only a practice today and then starting back up on Monday. http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1406125

I'd really like to go to see practice tomorrow but don't wanna make the trip for nothing. Any ideas?

UNT practice pushed back again

North Texas pushed back the opening of spring practice for a second time on Friday due to field conditions.

UNT was scheduled to open practice on Thursday afternoon and work out again on Friday. The Mean Green will now open workouts at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Fouts Field.

UNT's coaching staff has yet to determine when it will make up the second of the practices it postponed.

Enjoy it now that practices are open to the public. Just remember that fans must sit in the stands.

I will be in Mobile, Ala., at the Sun Belt Conference tournament.

Posted by Brett Vito at 1:49 PM

I'll let those who "know" the guys better explain things, but yes I was pumped. To me it seemed as though there was a good energy, especially on defense. :rolleyes:

I was at the practice yesterday. I too was impressed by what I saw. I focused more on watching the Offense. The Offensive Line had a different look to it because of injuries (Drake, Rose and Menard) and players who left the team (Peachey and Banks). The following is who I saw being on the first team Offense:

Right Tackle - Tyler Bailey

Right Guard - Esteban Santiago

Center - Bryan Glass

Left Guard - JJ Johnson

Left Tackle - Victor Gill

Wide Receiver - Casey Fitzgerald

Wide Receiver - Sam Dibrell

Wide Receiver - Brock Stickler

Wide Receiver - Sam Roberson

Running Back - Micah Moseley

Quarterback - Giovanni Vizza

Also, between the two place kickers, Thomas Moreland looked slightly better on Field Goals than Jeremy Knott. Moreland made all his attempts and I think Knott might have only missed one.

I was at the practice yesterday. I too was impressed by what I saw. I focused more on watching the Offense. The Offensive Line had a different look to it because of injuries (Drake, Rose and Menard) and players who left the team (Peachey and Banks). The following is who I saw being on the first team Offense:

Right Tackle - Tyler Bailey

Right Guard - Esteban Santiago

Center - Bryan Glass

Left Guard - JJ Johnson

Left Tackle - Victor Gill

Wide Receiver - Casey Fitzgerald

Wide Receiver - Sam Dibrell

Wide Receiver - Brock Stickler

Wide Receiver - Sam Roberson

Running Back - Micah Moseley

Quarterback - Giovanni Vizza

Also, between the two place kickers, Thomas Moreland looked slightly better on Field Goals than Jeremy Knott. Moreland made all his attempts and I think Knott might have only missed one.

How big is Gill now? A former player told me last year that Gill (although undersized) was tough and was going to be a very good lineman.

Edited by MCMLXXX

Interesting that J.J. Johnson was at LG, and Tyler Bailey was at RT,

for the first day of practice. J.J. Johnson is a true shot gun center.

I have read that one of the main goals for spring practice is to

develop depth at certain positions, so maybe J.J. Johnson can play the

OG postion also. I sure hope Johnson gets alot of reps at center during

spring ball. I am sure center Kelvin Drake will recover from his surgery and

will be ready for the fall. I would feel alot better knowing J.J. Johnson

can step in at center if Drake were injured or does not recover enough

from his ankle surgery.

I was there with Emmitt and Zeke, and there were some intersting players to be watched. We didnt have a spring roster, but we knew who some were. Toby Nwigwe is back out there and playing very well. Justin Padron looks quick in middle coverage, and the LB corps over-all seems faster, but a bit smaller. Cam Montgomery looks good so far, and catches passes well out of the backfield. Micah Mosely was his usual consistent self, but the timing was off a bit between he and Vizza. That is normal for opening spring practices... The player of note in that practice was a DB #31 playing first team corner, and that kid is a ball-hawking Mo-Fo. He either made the play on the ball or caused a drop or fumble on just about every pass his way? Zeke commented that he was extremely aggressive, and he had the "not today" chant going when he would knock down a ball. I havent seen that kind of aggression since T.J. (Leon) Covington played spring ball a couple of years ago. Every time TJ made a fantastic play in the spring, the word DOMINATED came out of my mouth. Unfortunately, that same word came out when he played in the fall? I dont know who this #31 kid is out there right now, but we look to have a real corner out there again. No 10 to 15 yard cushion with this kid... he jams his receiver almost every play. He lined up on Dibrell most routes and played him very well. Didnt see the usual "Give him ten yards to prevent six points" mentality in this practice? About freakin time!!!!

Welcome back Coach Deloach... name the bar and I got your first beer!

GMG!!!

I was there for the 1st two hours of practice on Saturday and I'll second medpilot21's sentiments on Cam. I know it doesn't count for much but that guy just looks like a big time running back. I remember talking to a buddy a couple of weeks ago about UNT petitioning the NCAA to qualify last year as a Medical-redshirt for him. Anyone know if that actually went down? I'd love to have Cam around for two more years.

Edited by Green P1

I was there for the 1st two hours of practice on Saturday and I'll second medpilot21's sentiments on Cam. I know it doesn't count for much but that guy just looks like a big time running back. I remember talking to a buddy a couple of weeks ago about UNT petitioning the NCAA to qualify last year as a Medical-redshirt for him. Anyone know if that actually went down? I'd love to have Cam around for two more years.

Cam got his medical red-shirt. It's great news for two reasons. Two more years for Cam, but it also lets out younger RB's take red-shirt years

Yes, Cam did get his shirt.