Spring Practice Schedule

Cerebus

The says only practices in bold are open to the public, and the only one in bold is the scrimmage.

Is there anyone who is going to the Spring practices who is going to peer through the gates with Vito, and give updates to GMG.

Dodge announced at the Spring Banquet that these practices would be open. So don't peer though the fence, go on in.

Is there anyone who is going to the Spring practices who is going to peer through the gates with Vito, and give updates to GMG.

Make sure not to post updates before Vito has a chance to pen something in the MG blog or DRC... Some consider it heresy for Vito not to have every scoop regarding mean green athletics. :)

I too heard him say they would be open. We'll see if this is the case.

I heard "open" too, but I'm not certain if that means open to viewing or actually open to walking inside the gates. I'm willing to be it isn't the latter.

I was there, and did not hear him say it. Not trying to be smart a**, or anything, but would you please elaborate as to what you heard.

He openly invited anyone to see practices and watch how hard these kids work. That's a paraphrase, but I remember the implication very clearly because Rick was in a fit "OH I'D LOVE TO SEE PRACTICES"...and then kept referring to the disgusting situation he and some others felt last year when rudely dismissed from the field of view.

I'm sure Rick would be happy to confirm what Dodge clearly implied at the banquet. If you didn't hear it, you weren't listening at the time.

He openly invited anyone to see practices and watch how hard these kids work. That's a paraphrase, but I remember the implication very clearly because Rick was in a fit "OH I'D LOVE TO SEE PRACTICES"...and then kept referring to the disgusting situation he and some others felt last year when rudely dismissed from the field of view.

I'm sure Rick would be happy to confirm what Dodge clearly implied at the banquet. If you didn't hear it, you weren't listening at the time.

Yes, that is what was implied. Also it was stated at one of the last functions too that practices would be open during spring training. Personally I don't have a problem with the closed scrimmages in the Srping or Fall, although as a season ticket holder and MGC member I would be willing to show my I.D. and possibly pay an extra fee to attend if that would help secure privacy and raise more money. What I won't accept is being rudely spoken to or stand by and watch $5,000 to $10,000 donors talked to that way either simply because of a real bad miscommunication hoo ha! Just like the parents and families who are welcomed into all practices and scrimmages, as MGC members we're in this together and we all have an invested interest to see this program grow. As usual, I see an opportunity to build unity and srength with investing families, alumni and fans. But that's just me and I don't hold the qualifications to apply for director of the MGC?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The says only practices in bold are open to the public, and the only one in bold is the scrimmage.

He said it at the Exes meeting in Lewisville. I don't think he means on the practice field itself, but watching where you are not in the way and watching the scrimmages at Fouts. Guess we'll see if that is actually the case. Like FFR, I'd be willing to show my MGC card, if I had one, to prove "I belong". <_<

I was getting conflicting reports so I asked Eric Capper, the AAD in charge of media relations. I posted an update here.

Just like practices under DD, I would expect that any fan using a camer/video recorder would quickly be asked to stop.

If permitted, I will be shooting the scrimmages at Fouts for those fans who can't attend.

Yes, that is what was implied. Also it was stated at one of the last functions too that practices would be open during spring training. Personally I don't have a problem with the closed scrimmages in the Srping or Fall, although as a season ticket holder and MGC member I would be willing to show my I.D. and possibly pay an extra fee to attend if that would help secure privacy and raise more money. What I won't accept is being rudely spoken to or stand by and watch $5,000 to $10,000 donors talked to that way either simply because of a real bad miscommunication hoo ha! Just like the parents and families who are welcomed into all practices and scrimmages, as MGC members we're in this together and we all have an invested interest to see this program grow. As usual, I see an opportunity to build unity and srength with investing families, alumni and fans. But that's just me and I don't hold the qualifications to apply for director of the MGC?Rick

Yeah, I don't think you're rude and condescending enough to be hired as the director of the MGC. Besides, you know too much about the program and the fan base, and you might have some viable ideas about how to motivate them.

Plus, you hold a degree from North Texas. <_<

Guest GrayEagleOne

Yeah, I don't think you're rude and condescending enough to be hired as the director of the MGC. Besides, you know too much about the program and the fan base, and you might have some viable ideas about how to motivate them.

Plus, you hold a degree from North Texas. <_<

Plus, you wear green and white on game day and visit with donors at all levels.

As to attending practices, I believe NT80's last post pretty much said it all. We are invited to attend spring practice but we should stand outside the fence so as not to be disruptive. However, I do think that Todd should issue two or three media passes for say, DRC, FWST, and GMG.com. Because with three practice fields, one person can't cover much standing outside the fence.

I was getting conflicting reports so I asked Eric Capper, the AAD in charge of media relations. I posted an update here.

"Practices are open to public, but spectators must stay outside of the gates of the practice facility."

Yeah you can come eat dinner with our family... we set you up a little table outside the dinning room window for you.

What a joke! I can see it now...

stand-at-the-gate350a.jpg

Edited by MeanGreenEagle

I recomend that we get a bunch of Mean Green fans and take over the patio in front of the Athletic Department building for the Friday April 4 scrimmage.

That's 1 month's notice. Lets make it happen.