Should Unt Consider Justin Willis?

Say what you want...Justin Willis is a very talented athlete and has set SMU's career passing touchdown record in just 2 seasons. He's also a Denton kid...and perhaps bringing him closer to home could help him with his personal problems and anger issues.

If Willis' days are over at SMU...he will find a team elsewhere willing to take a risk on him...why not us? Even if Gio and Riley have the QB position on lock there is nothing wrong with adding competition...or finding Willis a new position like WR or Safety.

And it'd be a big middle finger to SMU...you know...if he succeeds here.

Thoughts?

Say what you want...Justin Willis is a very talented athlete and has set SMU's career passing touchdown record in just 2 seasons. He's also a Denton kid...and perhaps bringing him closer to home could help him with his personal problems and anger issues.

If Willis' days are over at SMU...he will find a team elsewhere willing to take a risk on him...why not us? Even if Gio and Riley have the QB position on lock there is nothing wrong with adding competition...or finding Willis a new position like WR or Safety.

And it'd be a big middle finger to SMU...you know...if he succeeds here.

Thoughts?

I really hope you were just trolling for reactions. You got it! If you were serious this has to be the most senseless question I've seen posted in a LONG time!

Absolutely not, not for one minute. We don't need a punk from SMU. We have a better caliber of players without their rejects! Think above SMU. That's where we have to believe and know we are!

Screw talent - this is a CLASS WAR!

I've missed you all.

IF he moves, I doubt he would come here. I assume that he would lose a year of eligibility to transfer (although if SMU kicks him off the team does that make him a free agent?), which would give him only one year to play, leaving him to compete in 2009 against Vizza, who will likely have two years in as a starter, and against the coach's son. Talk about a long shot to see playing time.

If Willis leaves SMU, I would think he takes the Bomar route and goes down a level to keep playing.

PUT me down as a "NO"...I think we have better talented QB's on the roster right now and we have more coming. We do not need this type of problem...and Justin would definitely be a problem. NOPE....NO WAY. :disgust:

PUT me down as a "NO"...I think we have better talented QB's on the roster right now and we have more coming. We do not need this type of problem...and Justin would definitely be a problem. NOPE....NO WAY. :disgust:

I'd like to go on the real record as saying no and that CBL was having some fun with everyone, but, for the sake of more conversation:

Willis in 2008!

Taste the rainbow!

Justin Willis is not a punk. He may have made some poor off field decisions but he is not a bad person. We all hope he will do what it takes to be back in good standing in the Fall.

I suggest you read your own board. Here, I'll help:

ponyinNC wrote:as always, what can go wrong, will go wrong!!!! gotta love how we do things at SMU!!!! excite your fan base with a new coach, and then promptly suspend your franchise QB...

Don't act like its SMU's fault that the "franchise QB" happens to be a punk...[/color]

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31526

I'm sorry the fella fell on hard times, really I am. I wish him the best, just not at UNT!

Edited by GreenExes