Big Announcement After Saturday's Game?

Baby Arm!

Maybe we're getting a new head of the Mean Green Club

You know, I was irked about the Green Room at the basketball game. Not one single usher knew how to get there. I was directed to an AD official that happened to be passing by who walked me over to an obscure door and he told me to go down the stairs. I still had to hunt around to find it.

When I got there, I was charged $5 to get in. Not a bad deal considering there is a cooler of beer and sodas, some wine behind the counter, and a box lunch.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be after the game? The only thing that was after the games in previous years was the bowl announcement/invitation. Large donors usually have a halftime presentation, personnel changes don't (and probably won't) happen until after the season is over, so unless it's "head over to the Athletics Center by 7pm to be part of the stadium groundbreaking," I'm tempted to call shenanigans.

We need baseball to get into CUSA. We have and will continue to turn down the WAC, I pray. So, unless we are getting baseball and moving to CUSA, id say no to the conference shift this year.

Smut, Tulsa, and UTEP don't have baseball and got into CUSA.

However, they don't normally announce any conference changes this time of year; nor do they normally announce assistant coaching changes before the last game, nor stadium issues at the end the last home game, so...........what is it???????

Well, #1 we aint going to a bowl. #2 We aint going to the SEC, BIG XII, BIG XI, MWC, MidWC, ACC, BIG EASY, or PAC X. #3 I hope we aint getting new helmets, being that i've now owned the mini-white-one (third in my fine collection)for 10 days. It seems to only be CUSA, WAC, MORE STADIUM TALK, or DC.

This would be a perfect time for another one of NT03's poll , but the possibilities are endless :

POSSIBLE ANNOUNCEMENTS (In NO particular order , just whatever comes to my head) ::

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at SMU

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at Baylor

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at Texas A & M

* If any of these happens Ramon Flanigan is named new HC

Ron Mendoza steps down , fills position of new Diet Coke Boy

RV sets up voting polls to asks fans if Mendoza should or should not come back next season

Dr. Phil has come back and volunteered his time and wisdom to the DEFENSE , he will be on staff all next year

With DD's WIN over NMSU ,MattressMac now demands we change stadium name from Fouts to Dickey's Field

Riley Dodge de commits and his headed back to UT

Tre Newton de commits and his heading to UNT

We accepted an invitation to the WAC

We accepted an invitation to C-USA

The SunBelt is breaking up , thus leaving us as a Independent

We are moving back to 1AA or FBS or whatever the hell it is now

A donor has stepped up and donated millions of $$ to start new stadium

Jerry Jones has agreed to let us play all future home games at the new Cowboy Stadium

We will go back to being called North Texas State University

We will change uniforms and helmets again next year

Johnny Quinn's # will be retired

Necessary Roughness 2 is about to start filming again and they are looking for extras

:ph34r:

This would be a perfect time for another one of NT03's poll , but the possibilities are endless :

POSSIBLE ANNOUNCEMENTS (In NO particular order , just whatever comes to my head) ::

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at SMU

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at Baylor

Todd Dodge will be named new coach at Texas A & M

* If any of these happens Ramon Flanigan is named new HC

Ron Mendoza steps down , fills position of new Diet Coke Boy

RV sets up voting polls to asks fans if Mendoza should or should not come back next season

Dr. Phil has come back and volunteered his time and wisdom to the DEFENSE , he will be on staff all next year

With DD's WIN over NMSU ,MattressMac now demands we change stadium name from Fouts to Dickey's Field

Riley Dodge de commits and his headed back to UT

Tre Newton de commits and his heading to UNT

We accepted an invitation to the WAC

We accepted an invitation to C-USA

The SunBelt is breaking up , thus leaving us as a Independent

We are moving back to 1AA or FBS or whatever the hell it is now

A donor has stepped up and donated millions of $$ to start new stadium

Jerry Jones has agreed to let us play all future home games at the new Cowboy Stadium

We will go back to being called North Texas State University

We will change uniforms and helmets again next year

Johnny Quinn's # will be retired

Necessary Roughness 2 is about to start filming again and they are looking for extras

:ph34r:

Forgot "Mean" Joe Green accepts position as new DC, and Mendoza accepts another position with the team.

No more Scrappy...no more Eppy? New mascot name change? :unsure:

OK, I guess I have to tell all now :unsure:

We are removing Scrappy & Eppy from our alma mater's history forever and adopting former Athletic Promotion's Director from the Hayden Fry era (one Mr. Bill Vogel) and instead of an Eagle mascot roaming the sidelines during a Mean Green football game, we (instead) will have an ex Talon manning the inside of a giant aluminum can with a paper wrapper surrounding that can that says:

MEAN GREENS

Believe it or not, several cans of, uh, Mean Greens (pretty good tasting green veggies as I recall) made its official debut at a Fort Worth Mean Green Club function we held back in the 1980's at a Cowtown tradition (and eatery) called Paris Cafe Shop (on south Hemphill). That eatery is owned by UNT grad Mike Smith who was one of John Denver's Fort Worth buddies long before his fatal plane crash. Denver often visited Mike at that FW landmark eatery.

So there you have the scoop of the week! Pretty gol' darned exciting, eh?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen