Helmet Project Has Updated Some Older Nt Helmets

NT80

No way. We would be in the Big 12 today if we had kept that helmet! :clapping:

--We would have been in the Big XII if we had been able to keep the COACH that used that helmet... Hayden Fry (from Odessa, West-Texas). His version of football was very entertaining as was he and his gift for gab.

---I still like some version of the super-imposed NT, not exactly the one Joe Greene et. al. used but something close. The worm does jump out at you BUT it is also the largest logo used.... at least in the pictures. It looks way too dated now.

I would be O.K. with any of those helmets as long as we could just pick one and keep it, thus making the team easier to recognize and ending the offseason helmet threads for good

I agree.

How many big 12 / big east / SEC teams wonder what their helmets are going to look like next season?

I agree.

How many big 12 / big east / SEC teams wonder what their helmets are going to look like next season?

Actually, if you scroll through some of those schools helmets, you'll see a lot of them have changed several times over the years- it's not just us. Many schools unveil new unis each year (though not usually the same schools every year :rolleyes: ). Outside the big 4 (A&M, UT, Nebraska, and OU) the rest of the Big 12 has changed up their looks over the years

Although I agree, we do seem to change quite a bit. I hope that whatever is unveiled this fall will be able to stick around for a good while.

Guest GrayEagleOne

My preference from the old helmets is 73-82 but I like the current eagle and think that it might survive better across the ages. I wouldn't mind seeing that embellished with a superimposed 'NT' similar to Deep's or the circular 'NT' from the 73-82 era.