First Opponent in our New Stadium will be:

Green Grenade II

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Guest GrayEagleOne

Thought Rick V mentioned Ball St. to someone a few weeks back, like "think 2011 and Ball St."

Then it will be delayed another two years because Ball State doesn't come here until 2013.

I don't want us to sound elitist but I think that the first game in Eagle Point Stadium will be against either a service academy or from one of the Big 6 conferences. If not, it needs to be SMU, TCU, Rice, or Houston.

I would like to see a Big East team in here. Something along the lines of a Louisville, West Virginia, Syracuse, Rutgers etc. I think those games could be winnable plus if the Big East ever considers expansions close to our region then it would be a good way to lobby and promote our school

FYI, Louisville beat K-State.

Hopefully, we have the program rolling by the time we open the stadium.

Or these, we need to be able to beat somebody,

1. Ranger Junior College

2. Southeastern Oklahoma

3. Hardin Simmons

4. TX A&M - Commerce (this could be our new regional rivalry)

5. Denton High School (not ryan)

PLEASE DON'T SCHEDULE APP. STATE, TX. STATE, CELINA, OR SOUTHLAKE CARROLL

Why invite somebody just so we can prove that we can't win OOC, even in our own "new" stadium!

I AM A MEMBER OF THE MEAN GREEN CLUB, HAVE BOTH SEASON TICKETS AND A UNT LICENSE PLATE

Speaking with RV at the last home game. He mentioned that they were targeting Louisville for the stadium opener in 2011.

I hope that Louisville likes Fouts, because that's where NT will be playing it's 2011 games.

Or these, we need to be able to beat somebody,

1. Ranger Junior College

2. Southeastern Oklahoma

3. Hardin Simmons

4. TX A&M - Commerce (this could be our new regional rivalry)

5. Denton High School (not ryan)

PLEASE DON'T SCHEDULE APP. STATE, TX. STATE, CELINA, OR SOUTHLAKE CARROLL

Why invite somebody just so we can prove that we can't win OOC, even in our own "new" stadium!

I AM A MEMBER OF THE MEAN GREEN CLUB, HAVE BOTH SEASON TICKETS AND A UNT LICENSE PLATE

So funny. Still laughing.

Speaking with RV at the last home game. He mentioned that they were targeting Louisville for the stadium opener in 2011.

Since we gave little effort at K-State in hopes of not getting blown out, scheduling Louisville is not a good idea after seeing what they did to KSU.

Sadly, it does not. When I was living with a former girlfriend (Lovetta), she got really pissed at something I did, took the model (I had gotten it back when Hayden left for Iowa) out in the backard at the Village Apartments, and burned it to a crisp. I did retain the blown-up photo (shot at Channell 39) and that is what is framed and on my office wall. Anyone wanting to see it, drop by my office. Email me and I will give you my cell phone number.

Is this the model you are referring to?

3bbbf0d88f215-44-1.jpg

Here's the NT Daily article.

NAVY

ARMY

AIR FORCE

OKLAHOMA STATE

Hey, I had to throw OSU in the mix...GO COWBOYS TOO!!!!

I am for any school that will bring a big crowd and is someone everybody will know. I am sort of tired of playing all the "who are they" schools in the Sunbelt. OK, sorry had to take that shot at the 'Belt. Not my favorite conference for UNT, but it is what it is...for the time being. :D