why no protests at the game

drex

I am amazed that there have been no signs, no shirts, etc. protesting the state of the Dickey football team. Are we just too mellow or have we just quit caring? At most universities the anti coach signs would have been out and even shirts worn to the game protesting the situation. Why haven't we done this? I am just as much to blame as the rest, as I have not made any signs, etc. Come to think of it, would we be allowed to put signs on the lower railing at Fouts? Two signs that come to mind that I might do are: "Denton, we have a problem." or "UNT, home of college football's 'difficult situation.'

I am amazed that there have been no signs, no shirts, etc. protesting the state of the Dickey football team.  Are we just too mellow or have we just quit caring?  At most universities the anti coach signs would have been out and even shirts worn to the game protesting the situation.  Why haven't we done this?  I am just as much to blame as the rest, as I have not made any signs, etc.  Come to think of it, would we be allowed to put signs on the lower railing at Fouts?  Two signs that come to mind that I might do are:  "Denton, we have a problem."  or "UNT, home of college football's 'difficult situation.'

Signs were delivered!

We have to be polite don't you know?

We need, was it Eddie Childs that was mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore, kind of attitude.

I am amazed that there have been no signs, no shirts, etc. protesting the state of the Dickey football team.  Are we just too mellow or have we just quit caring?  At most universities the anti coach signs would have been out and even shirts worn to the game protesting the situation.  Why haven't we done this?  I am just as much to blame as the rest, as I have not made any signs, etc.  Come to think of it, would we be allowed to put signs on the lower railing at Fouts?  Two signs that come to mind that I might do are:  "Denton, we have a problem."  or "UNT, home of college football's 'difficult situation.'

Not enough passionate fans that give a rats ass. The ones who do seem to care have been run off in years past or just don't go to the games anymore. Other's seem to blindly follow Dickey and his "stench" of 4 SBC titles like lemmings. Go figure.

Someone mentioned a week ago about everyone wearing paper bags on their heads to the game. How about a T-Shirt that says Fire Dickey? I'm sure we can get a many people here along with the 4 guys over at the "OTHER" Board.

smile.gif

White T-Shirts with Fire Dickey in big bold letters on the front. Shouldn't cost much.

cool.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

I think 11,103 for a regional opponent was a major "sign" of dissatisfaction.

Over the last few years we've had all sorts of golden opportunities to take major steps forward at the state, regional and national level with respect to public perception about North Texas football. We've squandered away all of them. This year the table was set again with a reasonable schedule and key "recognizable" opponents for our home games. Throw in homecoming, parents weekend, etc. and we could have easily (should have) moved our home attendance average near or above 20,000 for the year. Instead, it looks like we'll be taking a step back.

What a waste.

Keith

Not enough passionate fans that give a rats ass. The ones who do seem to care have been run off in years past or just don't go to the games anymore. Other's seem to blindly follow Dickey and his "stench" of 4 SBC titles like lemmings. Go figure.

Someone mentioned a week ago about everyone wearing paper bags on their heads to the game.  How about a T-Shirt that says Fire Dickey?  I'm sure we can get a many people here along with the 4 guys over at the "OTHER" Board.

smile.gif

White T-Shirts with Fire Dickey in big bold letters on the front. Shouldn't cost much.

cool.gif

You should try the "other" board - there are more than 4 people over there, and you might learn something. No one really wants to wear shirts or sacks over the heads by themselves. I spoke to a friend on sunday that has no connection with UNT and he said that he was shocked that 11,000 were at the game. He was like "that is a good crowd" for a team that bad. So it appears it will have to get much worse in terms of crowd size before that makes people notice.

You should try the "other" board - there are more than 4 people over there, and you might learn something.  No one really wants to wear shirts or sacks over the heads by themselves.  I spoke to a friend on sunday that has no connection with UNT and he said that he was shocked that 11,000 were at the game.  He was like "that is a good crowd" for  a team that bad.  So it appears it will have to get much worse in terms of crowd size before that makes people notice.

I venture to the other board. I was including myself in that count!! laugh.gif

Besides, I think you're underestimating how many people actually want DD out. I'd be willing to say we could get at least 50 people in a shirt at game time. How many fans who don't surf these boards would inquire about getting a shirt?? I'd be willing to bet it would be many.

blink.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

There were protests, most here just didn't see them. It was pointed out, and realized that we had over 70 recruits in attendance so most portests were In-House I guess you could say.

But in all honesty, there is really no need for any public protest at the games. The message has been recieved LOUD and CLEAR I assure you.

Rick

I think 11,103 for a regional opponent was a major "sign" of dissatisfaction. 

Over the last few years we've had all sorts of golden opportunities to take major steps forward at the state, regional and national level with respect to public perception about North Texas football.  We've squandered away all of them.  This year the table was set again with a reasonable schedule and key "recognizable" opponents for our home games.  Throw in homecoming, parents weekend, etc. and we could have easily  (should have) moved our home attendance average near or above 20,000 for the year.  Instead, it looks like we'll be taking a step back.

What a waste.

Keith

Yep. This is the most dissapointing thing about the recent slide in football. We finally get the opponents that we've all been saying that we need to play and we have squandered every opportunity that presents itself. Win at SMU then lose everything else=missed opportunity to build this year. Arizona game a couple of years back=opportunity lost. Baylor and Tulsa last year=opportunities lost. South Florida/LaTech/Akron... This list goes on and on. It's really sad.

We've had plenty of opportunites to move this thing forward, we've just about squandered them all. dry.gif

Signs were delivered!

We have to be polite don't you know?

We need, was it Eddie Childs that was mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore, kind of attitude.

KDL - thanks for making the "used Buick" sign. I had every intention of attending Saturday's game but my wife's 7 1/2 months pregnant and didn't feel up to it when it came time to leave. I hope the sign went to good use?

Did we really have 11K OR did we hire SMU's ticket counter??

ph34r.gif  wink.gif  ph34r.gif  wink.gif  ph34r.gif

What I want to know is if we used SMU's ticket counter for the recruits???

It was pointed out, and realized that we had over 70 recruits in attendance so most portests were In-House I guess you could say. 

But in all honesty, there is really no need for any public protest at the games.  The message has been recieved LOUD and CLEAR I assure you. 

Rick

I hope you are referring to RV when saying "the message has been received LOUD and CLEAR I assure you." Now if he has the authority to do something about the dissatisfaction.

KDL - thanks for making the "used Buick" sign.  I had every intention of attending Saturday's game but my wife's 7 1/2 months pregnant and didn't feel up to it when it came time to leave.  I hope the sign went to good use?

Your sign came out one of the best, I made it 60" x 90" and would be great to see at the next game to reinforce how PO-ed the fans are.

If you pm your email address, I will send you a jpg image of it.

I left it with a few select core fans that I figure will do the most with them. Maybe they can be used at the last home game.

Here's my idea for a sign:

Food at Concession Stands - $10

Gas for 7 hr Road Trip - $30

Season Ticket - $50

Running up the Gut with 1 TO Left and Under 2:00 on the Clock

PRICELESS

Edited by UNTFan23

Might have to resort to the tacky Miller Beer "Man Law" sign for OFF FENCE.

How about a sign with a picture of a "head" and another with a picture of a "coach?"

user posted image

user posted image

huh.gifblink.gifohmy.gifunsure.gif

I'm goin' to hell for that one.

Edited by gksmith