Next up...

ipEAGLE

And to think some mid-majors think of these games more as opportunities than body bag games. Wish the coaching staff had that mentality here, maybe Dickey could learn something from Pat Hill.

I could not agree more!

And I don't think DD cares to learn a thing.

I could not agree more!

And I don't think DD cares to learn a thing.

And it's the exact reason why the term "body bag game" has come along with the fans of the program. Why should fans think the games are winable when quite frankly the coach basicly plays the games not to get embarrased, and not to win. I would like to know going into games that we have a chance to win games, but it all goes back to the philosophy of the coaching staff.

--- It will be ugly but it will be less ugly if Vince goes to the NFL. College teams obviously can't handle him. Without him Texas will have a new QB and likely one that can't run that well either.

--- Personally I can't see why he would stay. I can't imagine his NFL appeal being any better after next year. Take the money and run. I still don't see him being a super-successful NFL QB against the size, speed, and those well trained defenses that do nothing (unlike college students) but study football, for years.

I'm looking forward to the game and all the media attention it will bring... any media attention is good for NT.

---Any Media attention????? SMU got a lot of media attention during the mid 80's.... didn't help them much. Little Big-Horn did not help the U.S. Army much either. I suppose you could be right.... after all, who would remember Pres. Garfield if he had not been killed....... but is that how we really want to be remembered, we got killed.!!!

---Did it do Sam Houston State a lot of good to lose to Tech by 21-80.???

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

--- It will be ugly but it will be less ugly if Vince goes to the NFL. College teams obviously can't handle him. Without him Texas will have a new QB and likely one that can't run that well either.

Vince Vaughn, Vince Neil or Vincent Van Gogh could be quarterbacking them and we couldn't get within 50. There is way way way too much young talent and raw speed on that team.

We will be in for a long night especially if Vince Young comes back for his senior season. Vince Young is great but he is no Bill Braskey. Braskey went 6-8 275 and was all muscle. He once threw for 450 yards and ran for 275 and 8 touchdowns in one half. In the 2nd half, the ref tried to review a play so Braskey folded the ref up like a card table and proceeded to play Texas Hold 'Em with the side judge, the head groundskeeper, and the tight ends coach. Braskey won $10,000 that night and the MVP to boot.

Okay, just because people hear "North Texas" in the media doesn't mean it's a good thing. It was bad enough that our team was trampled last time they played, and it's even worse now that UT has that stupid glass football to show off.

Yeah, we play the national champs, but DD's going to have to dig very deep and REALLY coach in order to give UT a fight. Or, RV can pull the clipboard away and really get working.

Well when we played UT 2 times ago it was 27-0. The next time they doubled the points +9. So this time I am thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 135-0. Come on, I think thats respectable. I mean, they beat Colorado 70-3.

A hurricane versus the 2005 Longhorns... Wait, but the name of the hurricane is Hurricane Vince...

Okay, just because people hear "North Texas" in the media doesn't mean it's a good thing. It was bad enough that our team was trampled last time they played, and it's even worse now that UT has that stupid glass football to show off.

Precisely. Let's all hope that Vince Young sees $$$ before Jan 15th.