No comparison between ASU and UNT

SouthernMissFan

in our two N.O. Bowl games. UNT was pushed all over the field by USM, but ASU actually put up a good fight. ASU earned some real respect from USM fans. All the talk by those on this board last year about how great UNT was and you sucked.

Meanwhile ASU fans showed some real class and played us a great game.

By the way, nice season in Denton this year. Impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

in our two N.O. Bowl games. UNT was pushed all over the field by USM, but ASU actually put up a good fight. ASU earned some real respect from USM fans. All the talk by those on this board last year about how great UNT was and you sucked.

Impressive is praising ASU fans for having class and then showing no class yourself by posting smack. What's that say about USM fans?

Is your life really that pathetic that you have to come over here and taunt us? Wait, we already know the answer to that question. We already know our season sucked. If you could actually read, you would have seen that fact posted all over the board. The next time you pay your sister/wife/cousin to type up a post slamming someone, you might want to throw in a few extra beer bottle caps so she can actually tell you what is already posted. By the way, that team you were lucky to beat, was beaten by NT 4 straight years. Oh, and you know that whole, sheltering for refugees from the hurricane thing? You're welcome. And don't try to tell me that noone from your state made their way to Texas.

Go back to sleeping with your wife/sister/cousin.

I'm not sure what constitues "pushed all over the field" exactly, but our defense actually held USM to fewer yards (403 vs 445), first downs (17 vs 25) and a lower third down conversion percentage (31% vs 50%) than did the Indians. Also, we held the ball for a full seven minutes longer than ASU (32:28 vs 25:36).

Not to take anything away from the Indians. They played extremely well and their offensive performance was hands down better than our effort last year. It seems to me that the biggest difference in the two games is that USM got up early on us and took our offense out of it's gameplan. We were never able to establish the rush and, well, the rest is history.

North Texas Box Score:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=243492572

Arkansas State Box Score:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253542032

Go Mean Green!!

I was REALLY disappointed with how USM couldn't get the ball rolling early on. I know they're the better team, but for most of the game, USM didn't really show it. I mean, our UNT team came out and went blow-for-blow with ASU, losing to a last-second Antonio Warren run.

Our Offense wasnt anything fantastic this year, but they still put points on the board earlier than the USM offense did.

Frankly, coming here to talk trash was warranted after last year's NO Bowl. This year, it's just uncalled for.

AND.

If ASU is that good, they can prove it by beating us 3 times consecutively.

Oh please oh please oh please like us. We will do anything to gain your respect and admiration. We sit and wait for you adoration. We long to be respected by you. Please make our Christmas bright by gracing North Texas with your love. You complete us and we will never fully be all that we can until you bestow your badge of accomplishment upon us. Please make us whole.

I'm not sure what constitues "pushed all over the field" exactly, but our defense actually held USM to fewer yards (403 vs 445), first downs (17 vs 25) and a lower third down conversion percentage (31% vs 50%) than did the Indians.  Also, we held the ball for a full seven minutes longer than ASU (32:28 vs 25:36).

Not to take anything away from the Indians.  They played extremely well and their offensive performance was hands down better than our effort last year.  It seems to me that the biggest difference in the two games is that USM got up early on us and took our offense out of it's gameplan.  We were never able to establish the rush and, well, the rest is history.

North Texas Box Score:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=243492572

Arkansas State Box Score:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253542032

Go Mean Green!!

The only stat that really counts is the final score. dry.gif

ASU fans showed some real class?? In what way? Did you run into some classless NT fans last year??...did you even attend either game?

ASU played a good game, and for that I give them credit. But you can't be serious when you knock us for being confident going into last year's game. It's a fact that we had the nation's leading rusher...why would we NOT be confident? Jamario had big games against every team he played (Big 12 included), but you guys kicked our rears that day. Congratulations. Goodbye.

Wow, that's classy of you. It seems to me that given the numbers posted above...you guys just weren't the team you were last year. Boley is no longer dominating the middle of the field (he's in the NFL as I'm sure you know), and you guys couldn't hang on to the dang ball. 31-10 vs. 31-19 when you guys were better last year, I'd almost call that a wash.

Plus, ASU and class fans don't go in the same sentence in my book...just my opinion.

If we were on the playground, I'd push you down and you'd run to the principal's office crying.