Disappointing Lack of Imagination

tonyhuntoon

I don't have a problem with the new uni's, I'm just confused as to why we went to a new shade of green if it's not going to be used. I think someone said that the new uniforms would be here next year, if so, why didn't we wait until next year to unveil them? Just curious. I'm still buying the new colors!

I don't have a problem with the new uni's, I'm just confused as to why we went to a new shade of green if it's not going to be used.  I think someone said that the new uniforms would be here next year, if so, why didn't we wait until next year to unveil them?  Just curious.  I'm still buying the new colors!

Just what kind of green are on our helmets? Looks like US Army green to me.

The North Texas on the helmet seems more readable than the script, though, but still needs some getting used to.

The assistant equipment manager said they had to go ahead and order the uniforms before the color decision was final. He said we would have the new brighter green uniforms next year. I thought the helmets were OK. I would like to see the North Texas with a heavier, or thicker version of the font though.

GMG!

The helmets are now so much better than the script. Having Mean Green on the jerseys is great, also. And thank goodness we went with green pants and avoided the all-white "pajamas with pads" look. A classic collegiate look, the home uniforms are going to be awesome, especially with green pants.

You guys are sick. The unis suck. But then again, if they win they can wear all white for all I care. Just thought there would be more imagination.

Uni decision went like this:

RickV: Hey kiddo what u doing?

Rick's Kid: Daddy I is playing in paint shop!!!!1

RV: Wow is that a football helmet?

RK: Ya, dadda, me is putting a new nord texis on da helmet.

RV: Hmmmm, that's interesting.

RK: dadda, u musd put dis on da helmets or I will throw massive skitz fit.

RV: ok, kiddo it is done.

So there you go, helmets designed by 4 year old kid.

Wouldn't be surprised if next door neighbor's kid decided on the black socks.

Edited by tonyhuntoon

New Balance uniforms? We must be the test school

2 schools in the country w/New Balance us and Auburn.

Everyone needs to really chill on the whole logo/color thing. I'm a uniform fanatic, but we don't really have a tradition with a uniform to be going crazy over.

The script has always been about name recognition not dazzling design. Anyone can put a name on a helmet but few do. RV is just trying to get school recognition so the script was made bigger and more readable. Everyone should know by now the reason why there is not an eagle on the helmet.

Second, I would take an educated guess that the reason you don't see a lighter (new) green is the cost of ordering new uniforms and repainting all the helmets. We all know money is an issue with the athletic department and ordering a couple of hundred new unis would not be cheap or better yet the money could be better used somewhere else.

You guys are sick. The unis suck. But then again, if they win they can wear all white for all I care. Just thought there would be more imagination.

Uni decision went like this:

RickV: Hey kiddo what u doing?

Rick's Kid: Daddy I is playing in paint shop!!!!1

RV: Wow is that a football helmet?

RK: Ya, dadda, me is putting a new nord texis on da helmet.

RV: Hmmmm, that's interesting.

RK: dadda, u musd put dis on da helmets or I will throw massive skitz fit.

RV: ok, kiddo it is done.

So there you go, helmets designed by 4 year old kid.

Wouldn't be surprised if next door neighbor's kid decided on the black socks.

I'm confused.

IMHO, they dont completely suck, but they do leave alot to be desired. I agree, lighter shade of green, but seeing as how everyone was kept in the dark, and apparently the athletics department is no exception, its kind of hard to put the lighter green on the Uni's. I dont mind the "North Texas" on the helmets, I guess its just the font and size that don't sit well with me. The wording on the front needs to be big. We are North Texas and proud of it. Lets make sure the other team knows who is about to kick their ass. I actually like the font on the numbers. Its more refreshing than that typical block font. I would love to stay with green and white. May the black pants burn in hell!

Explain to me why in hell we are having a discussion of the "lack of imagination" of the uniform after possibly one of the biggest opening season wins we have had? The last time we opened the season with a win was against freaking Texas Tech in 1988!

Come on guys this is ridiculous. Kudos to the team and the program tonight. Huge win on the road against a good team! I ask that we save this disturbingly petty thread until at least Wednesday possibly Thursday. GMG!