Tulane (2/28/24)

Big Z

37 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

What's a foul? I can't be the only one who feels like they are going crazy right? You can't have your feet planted and hands in the air  while the offensive player initiates contact? How are you supposed to defend anything?

I agree. I feel like it is just up to the ref on whether they call these. There have been many, many times we are literally straight up and still get the foul call. I am not a ref, but I would love for someone to explain that to me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

What's a foul? I can't be the only one who feels like they are going crazy right? You can't have your feet planted and hands in the air  while the offensive player initiates contact? How are you supposed to defend anything?

I agree, i feel like they were calling everyone in the last two minutes of the game... really bogged down

• Upvote 2

Just now, BigWillie said:

Yeah, I agree, but we still have a few more days before the next one, so have to dissect this one otherwise @TheTastyGreek might want to give us an update on Temple Oranges!

Every day we don't lose is another day of sweet, nourishing harvest. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Tulane's only lead of the game was 2-0, but it never felt like we could put this one away.  We should have pulled away by 20, only to let them get back within a single possession several times. 

Still doesn't look like we are firing on all cylinders yet even with a healthy roster.  Too many forced shots at the end of the shot clock, a turnover or violation.  But as they say any road win is a good win, so...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Tulane's only lead of the game was 2-0, but it never felt like we could put this one away.  We should have pulled away by 20, only to let them get back within a single possession several times. 

Still doesn't look like we are firing on all cylinders yet even with a healthy roster.  Too many forced shots at the end of the shot clock, a turnover or violation.  But as they say any road win is a good win, so...

This was exactly how I felt. I still don't feel confident going into the tourney. 

If this team beats FAU, that's the kind of win that would carry some strong momentum into the tournament.

• Upvote 1