Is winning the AAC becoming realistic?

I am in sure we can win it all but I really hope the MWC and the AAC are 3 bid leagues. I guess that means I hope we win it all and Memphis and FAU get the at large bids. Can we go back to that tournament before thanksgiving and have a do over… 🤣

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 6

We are, mathematically speaking, exactly where I had thought we could be.

I still think Memphis and FAU are favored, but they do not appear to be as unbeatable as I once thought they would be.  They are very vulnerable, IMO, and we can steal some win(s) against them.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

I am in sure we can win it all but I really hope the MWC and the AAC are 3 bid leagues. I guess that means I hope we win it all and Memphis and FAU get the at large bids. Can we go back to that tournament before thanksgiving and have a do over… 🤣

I don't even need to go back to the early season tournament. I just want the Boise State and Fordham wins. We'd have a Quad 1 road win against a premier MWC team and zero Q3/Q4 losses.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

UNT certainly has the defense to win the AAC... I dont think FAU and Memphis are unbeatable, and the confernce as a whole looks a lot better then many predicted in the preseason, there could be 5-6 schools that have a chance at winning the AAC tournament, depending how the bracket looks.

As for the NCAA tournament, most bracketologists have FAU and Memphis in, I dont think that the other schools in the conference have done enough to get into the at large conversation yet. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Venson said:

We keep talking Memphis and FAU, as much as I dislike them, we better not overlook SMU or Charlotte. They are playing good basketball. We are about to run the first gauntlet after the ECU game. We have to go through Charlotte, SMU, FAU and UAB and Charlotte and UAB are on the road. That will tell us a lot where we are as a team.

The competition gets tougher, for sure.  Hopefully Ruben and John will be back and at full speed.  GMG

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Yes, I believe they can win the conference and it will come down to who gets those lucky bounces. If we don’t do better with our free throws we will not win the conference, that is for certain.

We're #42 in the nation out of 362 schools.  That's pretty damn good!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Last night they shot 60 something percent, that won’t cut it. I’m not sure if Temple missed any free throws.  In a tight game that is often the difference. 

I think they missed one - 15 of 16.

56 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Last night they shot 60 something percent, that won’t cut it. I’m not sure if Temple missed any free throws.  In a tight game that is often the difference. 

north Texas is SECOND in the league in free throw shooting percentage at .749...Charlotte leads at .755

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1