Are we not signing a transfer QB?

meangreenfaninno

15 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

He would be QB 1. No need to overthink anything.
I would agree with GoGreenBeans that he’s the top target. Dynamic qb which would make this offense be just as fun to watch as last year. 

Don't know if he's the top target..there are some really good QB's in the portal available.  NIL will probably knock the top 1/2 of QBs out of our range due to the amount of $$ thrown their way.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Don't know if he's the top target..there are some really good QB's in the portal available.  NIL will probably knock the top 1/2 of QBs out of our range due to the amount of $$ thrown their way.

Honestly I’m just reaching for a qb. But, who would be within our range amongst the QBs in the portal? That’s what I’m trying to wrap my head around. My first inclination would be to focus on Texas raised athletes. Anyways, it’s all moot since he’s deciding to commit with Marshall

Each signing class always brings renewed hope, but the only thing we really know is that we signed 40+ players.  No idea how many can/will be productive.  IMO, with so many gaps and needs on both sides of the ball we should have leaned more heavily on the number of portal signees.  Too many HS signees for a team with so many immediate needs IMO. 

Morris will need to be surgical with 5-6 remaining spots.  Getting 3-4 impactful transfers, including a QB, with those spots will be critical.  Morris still needs to sign impact players at QB, OL, DL/DL/DL, LB.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Each signing class always brings renewed hope, but the only thing we really know is that we signed 40+ players.  No idea how many can/will be productive.  IMO, with so many gaps and needs on both sides of the ball we should have leaned more heavily on the number of portal signees.  Too many HS signees for a team with so many immediate needs IMO. 

Morris will need to be surgical with 5-6 remaining spots.  Getting 3-4 impactful transfers, including a QB, with those spots will be critical.  Morris still needs to sign impact players at QB, OL, DL/DL/DL, LB.  

I think EM was surgical with the HS and TP signees.

Immediate O line, LB, secondary, WR, and RB starters via the TP.  

HS Spring enrollees of QB, DL, WR, and LB. 

Some of our HS fall signees will have a very real chance to contribute this season.  

I share your opinion that we do need a TP QB for depth/start. I’d also like at least one more DL, OL, and LB, but not sure if we’ll be able to land any of those wants. 

I’ve shared this on another post, but I’m curious how the returnees are progressing with Kegans. EM called him the best strength coach in the country!  I’m excited to see what the teams looks like in the Spring and then the Fall. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Something to remember with DL is we also have last year's class who will be in their second season at UNT, including Alobwede (DL), Keith Smith (DL), Rodney Green (DL), and Marcus Moore (DL). Alobwede and Moore both saw some playing time and Smith will be a redshirt freshman. I think we had 1 DL leave through the portal, being Chris Wright who has barely played, and 1 graduate being Mazin Richards. While I'm sure an "impact" DL transfer is being sought out, I'd imagine they're being cautious about who they go after because there's not as much of a need for depth at that position as we think. A big transfer, however, should always be welcomed.

I think we're set at OL. I'd imagine QB is the focus as well as any potential big transfers who come available late.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1