UTA (12/23/2023)

Big Z

47 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Hate the date of this game. Need to win these last two nonconference games. But I fear there'll be less than 500 people there. Does the band/dance/cheer perform over Christmas Break?

UNT people, if your Christmas plans allow you to stay in the Metro area, I urge you to make it up to Denton to support!!

We need this win 

• Upvote 3

Every season there are a two or three games that really have the ability to pivot your season one way or the other.  IMHO, this is one of those.  Get a W and we may be able to get this campaign straightened out in the way we want.  Should we lose, I'll be concerned about our ability to get our heads on right for the league slate.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Will be in attendance. I’m trying to take a patient approach to the season but I really need to see a rotation change Saturday. Walker needs minutes. 

What’s your idea/suggestion for a lineup & rotation change?

What do we know about Walker sans his former stops & stats? Where do you see him helping? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

What do we know about Walker sans his former stops & stats? Where do you see him helping? 

I think he gives us more options off the bench. If he is as good a defender as we hear, he should take some minutes away from Stone. He has to be more of an offensive threat. Since he has played at the D1 level, I imagine Hodge will trust him more to play in big games than he does Cotton and Moore. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Well my hot take is that he should get every drop of Stone’s minutes. But realistically he should be taking at least half of them. His shooting won’t be any better but the defense would be a dramatic upgrade. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:41 PM, MeanGreen22 said:

Well my hot take is that he should get every drop of Stone’s minutes. But realistically he should be taking at least half of them. His shooting won’t be any better but the defense would be a dramatic upgrade. 

He's been here too long and has confidence issues. Bench him and let some other guys prove themselves. 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

On 12/18/2023 at 2:31 PM, HoosMeanGreen said:

Other than Aaron, Rubin and Edward all of the rest jobs should be up for grabs.  Matt needs to hit the bench and let someone else have a chance to prove themself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1