St. Johns (11/16/23) - Charleston Classic

greenminer

Missed opportunity. Hurts, because it could have been a major selling point in the fight for an at large at the end of the season, and it was there for the taking in the end and  definitely missed some easy opportunities.

But if you are taking away from this game that this team and coach will be a disappointment this season, then you are putting too much stock in the W-L record and not paying enough attention to what is going on on the court. this team has heart, and there is no reason to believe this team cannot put it together.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

We had two chances with Scott to take the lead in the last minute.  That's who you want, just didn't make it.  Great effort, but it definitely feels like one we could have stolen.

I would have had Edwards or Jones take the shot. Everyone knew that Scott would be the one so a nice change up would have been nice. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

We had two chances with Scott to take the lead in the last minute.  That's who you want, just didn't make it.  Great effort, but it definitely feels like one we could have stolen.

We should have driven it into the basket for the final shot as well as trying to draw the foul.  Missed opportunity to take down a Big East opponent. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, L Ron Studdard said:

The play I keep going back to is the Sissoko miss that would've given us a ton of momentum.

We went from down one to down eleven.  Obviously we eventually took the lead after that, but it was a huge swing and took us a lot of effort to overcome it.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Screenshot2023-11-16at1_05_11PM.png.a3ef24c43f39778c356063fa894baa80.png

Hate to say it, because I know he can be awesome, and he definitely was the discovery of the second half of last season...but Sissoko was not good this game. May have to do with the competition, but still this was far from his best.

Edited by outoftown

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

Hate to say it, because I know he can be awesome, and he definitely was the discovery of the second half of last season...but Sissoko was not good this game

I love Sissoko, and want nothing more than for him to play like his NIT self. I don't know if it's pressure or confidence, but he needs to be the backup to Allen until he shows he is the clear starter. 

• Upvote 1