St. Johns (11/16/23) - Charleston Classic

greenminer

28 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Yeah guys so remember saying Hodge was a defensive coach? Well last year UNT really was carried by only 2 or 3 key pieces, everyone else contributed to the defensive side of the ball, but not the offensive.

Sir, we appear to be at a crossroads:

We are all ready for you to move past the "I told you sos" on this board, but no one has the cojones to tell you you're either wrong or not reading the room.

What's the next step?  I kindly await your response.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Yeah guys so remember saying Hodge was a defensive coach? Well last year UNT really was carried by only 2 or 3 key pieces, everyone else contributed to the defensive side of the ball, but not the offensive.

Hodge knows nothing of offense

In the opener against a very good UNI, this team scored more than they did in any game last season.

• Upvote 2

The commentators talked about UNT wearing down before the half and getting outphysicalled under the rim. But St Johns is doing so much high pressure trapping, I feel the tiredness is going both ways if not in UNTs favor as they mostly adapted to it and are starting to take advantage of it more often.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Green Otaku said:

I don't see how we didn't get the ball again. They never reset the shot clock. 

Sissoko had the chance to pull us into the lead. We need to make the easy layups. 

Guessing they can’t correct that. Seems like it would be easy to say it should have reset to 20 and then adjust for the 11 seconds that ran off.

• Upvote 1