For all the doubt about Morris….

MGNation92

7 hours ago, akriesman said:

I have been thinking all along that Rodgers was a Senior.  I just found out he is only a Junior.

How nice would it be going into 2024 knowing we have the QB position solidified (assuming the transfer portal does not strike again).  Harris and his 7 year run at UTSA have been the main reason for their recent success.

Anyone know the class status of our OL? Gonna be mostly a new group next year?

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

I'm not a Morris hater, nor did I think firing Littrell was wrong... 

But Littrell beat the last ranked opponent he faced

Are you talking about our win against UTSA? A game that was at home in the cold rain against a team that is not used to playing in bad weather? That was a great game but I have a feeling we would have lost if the weather hadn't been on our side. 

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

You can’t act like Morris is a proven coach. He hasn’t proven anything. And, even tho we were competitive yesterday, we still lost. We all came in to the season with high hopes. In fact, he thought we would be competitive right away. He misjudged our talent level, and didn’t firmly institute his culture and building process. So, based on each individual point of view, we’re either underachieving, not coached well, rebuilding or a mixture of those. 
Look, I want UNT to succeed. Yes, they played well and hung with a ranked opponent many view as the best team in the conference. But, we also lost to FIU and Navy.
We’ve already played half the season. We are what our record says we are, ultimately. Now, how can we maintain this trajectory/momentum if you can call it that? Can we be more consistent and play well for two halves? So, Until these questions are answered, Morris and his staff should be scrutinized.  If we want to be in a big conference, we need to act like one and demand success. 

• Upvote 14
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 7

11 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

…..Seth Littrell would’ve lost this game by 30.

He still has a lot to learn as a young HC, but he has cajones

But Seth would of beat FIU and perhaps Navy....and not so much as by 30. Morris was the next step...no he isn't...he's on a learning curve just like Seth was when he got here. Time will tell after this year..maybe next year after the 'Rebuild'..

But Morris has 5 games left to shut up the doubters.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

14 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

But Seth would of beat FIU and perhaps Navy....and not so much as by 30. Morris was the next step...no he isn't...he's on a learning curve just like Seth was when he got here. Time will tell after this year..maybe next year after the 'Rebuild'..

But Morris has 5 games left to shut up the doubters.

Seth never learned how to make halftime adjustments or how to use time outs! IMHO

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

Are you talking about our win against UTSA? A game that was at home in the cold rain against a team that is not used to playing in bad weather? That was a great game but I have a feeling we would have lost if the weather hadn't been on our side. 

That is the truth no sense downvoting or rolling your eyes at that comment.  UTSA is the ONLY team in college football south of Idaho and Syracuse that plays their home games in a dome.  I was there probably not like the people who downvoted and eye rolled.  It was cold, wet, windy a miserable.  We were a dominant running team and they were a passing team.  You couldn’t have crafted a better home field advantage for us that day with 20,000 more fans showing up.  

Being dishonest about our program doesn’t help it do better. 

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 7
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Seth never learned how to make halftime adjustments or how to use time outs! IMHO

But Morris has?? Seems that's been one of his criticisms on here this year. 

Hey...Seth had topped out at NT. Mosely was going to hire the next step for head coach to get us to the promised land. IT DIDNT HAPPEN. This wasn't suppose to be a total rebuild.

Hopefully...in a couple years Morris will have us there. Right now he has 5 games to make us look forward to next year.

Just my opinion

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

But Morris has?? Seems that's been one of his criticisms on here this year. 

Hey...Seth had topped out at NT. Mosely was going to hire the next step for head coach to get us to the promised land. IT DIDNT HAPPEN. This wasn't suppose to be a total rebuild.

Hopefully...in a couple years Morris will have us there. Right now he has 5 games to make us look forward to next year.

Just my opinion

We sucked last year most just did not know it

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

That is the truth no sense downvoting or rolling your eyes at that comment.  UTSA is the ONLY team in college football south of Idaho and Syracuse that plays their home games in a dome.  I was there probably not like the people who downvoted and eye rolled.  It was cold, wet, windy a miserable.  We were a dominant running team and they were a passing team.  You couldn’t have crafted a better home field advantage for us that day with 20,000 more fans showing up.  

Being dishonest about our program doesn’t help it do better. 

Sometimes it feels like people downvote before they even read the post. Oh well

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1