Uniform combo vs. La Tech

Victorygreen04

12 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Maybe we're protecting them. Allegedly the green basketball jerseys were stolen in Ruston, too.

I find team jersey theft to be incredibly perplexing. Is it done out of spite, for resale value (doubtful), or because of some other reason?

Any thoughts on how or why this happens? 

1 hour ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I find team jersey theft to be incredibly perplexing. Is it done out of spite, for resale value (doubtful), or because of some other reason?

Any thoughts on how or why this happens? 

I'd have to know who the were perpetrators are. Were the LA Tech students/fans with a disdain for UNT or were they just random Ruston crooks?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

on defense?

that's where the real problems are...

Agreed but in case you didn’t notice, the first half pick six ended up being the difference in the game. Earle’s other two TOs and 50 percent completion rate didn’t help much either. The difference in QB was remarkable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Agreed but in case you didn’t notice, the first half pick six ended up being the difference in the game. Earle’s other two TOs and 50 percent completion rate didn’t help much either. The difference in QB was remarkable.

so you think the offense is just as bad as the defense?

52 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

so you think the offense is just as bad as the defense?

How exactly did you infer that from my post? You know that two things can be true at once, right?

1. our defense blows goats

2. a qb change was needed after the last game 

Both true, not mutually exclusive. Either defense or qb was better last game, even just in one drive, and we likely win. 

9 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

How exactly did you infer that from my post? You know that two things can be true at once, right?

1. our defense blows goats

2. a qb change was needed after the last game 

Both true, not mutually exclusive. Either defense or qb was better last game, even just in one drive, and we likely win. 

my point was that unless we get help on defense, it don't matter who the qb is

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

my point was that unless we get help on defense, it don't matter who the qb is

And my point was that it does. In fact, qb play might become more important because of the terrible defense since there is less margin for error from the offense. Baltimore won a Super Bowl with a so-so qb because the defense was dominant. If your defense is average you need good qb play. If your defense is weak your qb better be outstanding to win.
Don’t get me wrong, I prefer our defense make massive strides immediately but I see few signs that will happen. I did see Earle give up three TOs and a TD and Rogers have a much stronger showing. If he can consistently replicate that, we might win a couple games with this awful defense. That’s my point. It is foolish to dismiss the weak start the offense had just because the defense was so bad. 

• Upvote 1