Sun, 2/11 - @ SMU
Thu, 2/15 - vs. Memphis
Sun, 2/18 - @ UAB
Sat, 2/24 - vs. UTSA
Wed, 2/28 - @ Tulane

Sun, 3/3 - vs. East Carolina
Wed, 3/6 - vs. Florida Atlantic
Sat, 3/9 - @ Rice

Awesome to see the conference slate come out this morning. Big test right away going to Wichita. Unfortunately it's on a weekday, but hopefully with it being around the holidays there will be some green in the stands.

Out of the road games, I think going to SMU and Rice again is a given for me. Charlotte is in the cards, with a close friend living there now. UAB is up in the air as I may have some other plans with it being my birthday weekend. Being on a Sunday would also be tough.

• Upvote 2

Notable home conference games include a Jan. 25 matchup versus Metroplex rival SMU at the Super Pit, a Jan. 31 home game against UAB who North Texas defeated in the NIT championship game, a Feb. 15 home game versus Memphis who made the NCAA Tournament last year and a March 6 home contest versus Florida Atlantic who reached the Final Four a year ago and won the 2023 Conference USA championship.

The March 6 game against FAU will be the final home game of the regular season.

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The promo video the team posted on social the other day teased "11.6.23," so assuming that's the date of our home opener. Has anyone checked the schedules of the nearby NAIA schools?

11/6 has UNT Dallas WBB playing our WBB in Denton. Double Header?

Edited by Glory to the Green
Clarifying UNT vs UNT Dallas
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:26 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

Notable home conference games include a Jan. 25 matchup versus Metroplex rival SMU at the Super Pit, a Jan. 31 home game against UAB who North Texas defeated in the NIT championship game, a Feb. 15 home game versus Memphis who made the NCAA Tournament last year and a March 6 home contest versus Florida Atlantic who reached the Final Four a year ago and won the 2023 Conference USA championship.

The March 6 game against FAU will be the final home game of the regular season.

January 25th through February 18th will determine if we are a tournament team or not. Unlucky we drew SMU in Dallas on Super Bowl Sunday, but it would probably be in the afternoon so I hope as many UNT people as possible try and make it.

Hoping to make the Wichita State, UAB and Rice games that are weekend/break.

This is the most excited I’ve been for a conference schedule in a while, I see at least 2 crowds or 8K+!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

January 25th through February 18th will determine if we are a tournament team or not. Unlucky we drew SMU in Dallas on Super Bowl Sunday, but it would probably be in the afternoon so I hope as many UNT people as possible try and make it.

I'll be at the Moody Center for sure. Texans ain't making no Super Bowl!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Why does it seem like our schedule takes so long to release? Is it just me or does it feel like everyone else has theirs out already? 

Trying to find late games to fill in the final few spots, it’s a fact when Hodge/Mac said it’s really hard to find games for NT. I wouldn’t want to play our team, if we’re being honest. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Trying to find late games to fill in the final few spots, it’s a fact when Hodge/Mac said it’s really hard to find games for NT. I wouldn’t want to play our team, if we’re being honest. 

In football, this holds weight. In basketball, you would think coaches would want to play some OOC Q1/Q2 games if they don't have many/enough. 

59 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I'd figure FAU and UAB would have the same problem, but their full schedules are out. I went through every team in the AAC and I think they all have their complete schedules ready as of a week ago? 

3 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I'd figure FAU and UAB would have the same problem, but their full schedules are out. I went through every team in the AAC and I think they all have their complete schedules ready as of a week ago? 

Both styles of play are extremely different than UNT, both are fast paced, high scoring and fun to watch. FAU also made a final 4 run, teams want that T25/T10 NET boost, and losing wouldn’t be much, but losing to NT would be Q2 and they can’t afford that most of the time.

No team struggles to get teams more than NT has since Grant took over, and it’s not even their fault, if you don’t count the style of play lol