Zero Excuses. FIX. IT.

NorthTexasWeLove

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

10 for us.

On 247, Texas State shows 39 transfers in 2023. Eyeballing but about half are from P5 and have legit size. 2022 shows 17 including a 6'2" 306 pound DL from Texas. Both classes have size on both sides of the line. No reason we can't be bringing in those guys over TX State. Makes you wonder what our coaches have been doing.

Oh, and no more of this BS "that guy didn't do much at the P5 ranks, what makes us think he'd do anything here" talk. We need size and if anything we need depth.

Agreed, there's no reason we should be smaller every game. We've been smaller for years. Utsa isn't small, smu isn't small, tx state isn't small. I can go on and on. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, p_phelps said:

Agreed, there's no reason we should be smaller every game. We've been smaller for years. Utsa isn't small, smu isn't small, tx state isn't small. I can go on and on. 

Recruit size and coach them up. Our lines got bullied yesterday. We were sitting on the goal line where the 4th and 2 TD run happened and I couldn't believe what I was watching. The tackling was horrendous but our guys dline was getting split with ease.

• Upvote 3

I'm not gonna say "I told you so", but I am not a bit surprised at the outcome of this game.  It's one thing to lose a game like this; it's another thing to look like crap in losing like we did.  When Morris introduced as the new head coach, he look so uncomfortable at the podium.  How many sips of water did he take during his introductory speech?  I don't know.  I can tell you that I was disappointed in our recruiting this year.  It's going to be a long, long season.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

It’s one game.  Let’s see how the season plays out before casting aside what we have.  

I hear this. However, if we want to be legit AAC championship contenders on a regular basis, we should not be blown out by Cal at home. Full stop. We should be able to beat them or, at worst, keep it close. 

Can we still finish the season 6-6 or 7-5? Yes.

But I think many fans (myself included) are tired of seeing the insane potential in this place only to have season after season of 5–7 wins. It's just not enough anymore—that's why Seth was let go.

We need to consistently be winning championships and bowl games. We need to be ranked on a consistent basis. We need to take care of business every game day when it's time to take care of business. In the game against Cal, we didn't even come close to living up to the standard of taking care of business and that's why people are losing their minds. While some of the language used by folks to express that on here and on social is a bit over the top, I think the sentiment is reasonable.

Edited by MeanGreenGlory
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I'm not gonna say "I told you so", but I am not a bit surprised at the outcome of this game.  It's one thing to lose a game like this; it's another thing to look like crap in losing like we did.  When Morris introduced as the new head coach, he look so uncomfortable at the podium.  How many sips of water did he take during his introductory speech?  I don't know.  I can tell you that I was disappointed in our recruiting this year.  It's going to be a long, long season.

Agreed. I had us at 4-8 and I’m now hoping that isn’t too hard to reach.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I have this mental picture of you grabbing your hat and slamming it on the ground. lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I hear this. However, if we want to be legit AAC championship contenders on a regular basis, we should not be blown out by Cal at home. Full stop. We should be able to beat them or, at worst, keep it close. 

100% agree with you.  We kept it close until Cals two minute drive to end the half.  The wheels fell off after that.  

We were outplayed yesterday…especially in the 2nd half.  I had my green glasses on prior to the game, but yesterday gave me a dose of reality.  I foresee a huge improvement for next week, though…playing FIU will help. 

I’d be very surprised if we have another poor showing next week.  

1 minute ago, Glory to the Green said:

100% agree with you.  We kept it close until Cals two minute drive to end the half.  The wheels fell off after that.  

We were outplayed yesterday…especially in the 2nd half.  I had my green glasses on prior to the game, but yesterday gave me a dose of reality.  I foresee a huge improvement for next week, though…playing FIU will help. 

I’d be very surprised if we have another poor showing next week.  

It's not about beating FIU. Hell, lose that one this era is literally already over. 

It's about being competitive with the schedule that lays before us. After watching yesterday, the top 5 teams in the AAC will dominate us. We will struggle with the rest. 0% chance we're bowling, and it didn't have to be this way. 

• Upvote 3

I hope this coach and team doesn't go into FIU looking ahead. I've watched FIU play, LaTech, and they have improved some. The team I saw yesterday would be hard pressed to pull out a victory. I think this is the 11th game of the series and we're 5 and 5 against them. They won their FCS game yesterday and will be pumped up to win the final 11th game...(didn't look to see if we play a future game with them).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RBP79 said:

I hope this coach and team doesn't go into FIU looking ahead. I've watched FIU play, LaTech, and they have improved some. The team I saw yesterday would be hard pressed to pull out a victory. I think this is the 11th game of the series and we're 5 and 5 against them. They won their FCS game yesterday and will be pumped up to win the final 11th game...(didn't look to see if we play a future game with them).

We do. This is a fantastic h/h that Jared scheduled.

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's not about beating FIU. Hell, lose that one this era is literally already over. 

It's about being competitive with the schedule that lays before us. After watching yesterday, the top 5 teams in the AAC will dominate us. We will struggle with the rest. 0% chance we're bowling, and it didn't have to be this way. 

I know it’s not about FIU, I mentioned them because they’re the next opponent.  I just don’t see another blowout loss happening this season regardless of who we’re playing. 

I have a bit more optimism than your 0% bowling prediction, but I have no facts to back it up and it’s mainly because I bleed green, baby!  

• RV 1

Not to minimize yesterday's abomination, but it was only one game.  Let's see how we respond over the next few weeks.  If we struggle to put things together, then yeah it's gonna be really rough when the schedule turns to the big teams in the league.  Should we make some leaps forward, then maybe we can be competitive with them.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Glory to the Green said:

I know it’s not about FIU, I mentioned them because they’re the next opponent.  I just don’t see another blowout loss happening this season regardless of who we’re playing. 

I have a bit more optimism than your 0% bowling prediction, but I have no facts to back it up and it’s mainly because I bleed green, baby!  

I'm not trying to be contradictory, but how do you possibly not see another blowout loss? Yesterday's team I saw gets blown out 3 or 4 times this season, minimal. Memphis - SMU - UTSA... minimum. Wouldn't be surprised to see a road game somewhere get out of hand. And though Navy got skcreboard dominated by ND, but moved the ball between the 20s much of that game...and that's scary knowing our front 7. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not trying to be contradictory, but how do you possibly not see another blowout loss? Yesterday's team I saw gets blown out 3 or 4 times this season, minimal. Memphis - SMU - UTSA... minimum. Wouldn't be surprised to see a road game somewhere get out of hand. And though Navy got skcreboard dominated by ND, but moved the ball between the 20s much of that game...and that's scary knowing our front 7. 

No worries.  It’s likely just my fandom talking.  Our sample size is so small, I believe it’s too difficult to make any true predictions on the rest of the season. Many of us that have followed the program for a few years have seen this movie before, but that’s not giving this team/coaching staff a fair shot.  I’m looking forward to watching this team improve over the course of the season.  It has to, right?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

No worries.  It’s likely just my fandom talking.  Our sample size is so small, I believe it’s too difficult to make any true predictions on the rest of the season. Many of us that have followed the program for a few years have seen this movie before, but that’s not giving this team/coaching staff a fair shot.  I’m looking forward to watching this team improve over the course of the season.  It has to, right?

I am not sure we could be worse defensively. That was really bad. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

But I think many fans (myself included) are tired of seeing the insane potential in this place only to have season after season of 5–7 wins. It's just not enough anymore—that's why Seth was let go.

Nah, we aren't serious about winning.  That is why he got 2 extensions for over 0.500 mediocrity without a conference championship or bowl win.  If this program was serious NO WAY is he allowed to come back for 2022 season.  A ramp up season for a new coach to evaluate and transform his roster before stepping up in competition is priceless.  If this season ends up being a terrible season 90% falls on the administration.   Any coach that came in here was going to have to transform the roster to compete in the AAC. Seth's rosters were NEVER good enough to beat the best in CUSA.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Nah, we aren't serious about winning.  That is why he got 2 extensions for over 0.500 mediocrity without a conference championship or bowl win.  If this program was serious NO WAY is he allowed to come back for 2022 season.  A ramp up season for a new coach to evaluate and transform his roster before stepping up in competition is priceless.  If this season ends up being a terrible season 90% falls on the administration.   Any coach that came in here was going to have to transform the roster to compete in the AAC. Seth's rosters were NEVER good enough to beat the best in CUSA.

Agreed. Thoughts on why so many had us beating Cal? Or having a better performance? Because what you have outlined makes it seem that yesterday was cooked before the oven preheated. I predicted 6-6 with a loss to Cal for the season.

Edited by UNTethered Eagle

40 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I predicted 6-6 with a loss to Cal for the season.

You predicted the abject failure on all fronts? I assume that is what people are reacting to - not the actual L. We are used to losing to non-conference teams, even worse ones. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 2