This feels like the biggest home game ever

Ross Hodgeson

48 minutes ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

I haven't been around as long as some of you but was at the Houston game way back when and that was certainly big as it opened the stadium but for some reason this seems even bigger.  A new head coach, a power five opponent and a new conference.   It also seems like we are auditioning for a potential new conference as well.

naw... i've heard legends about the Baylor game... but that was slightly before my time... the biggest home games during my time were:
2004 Idaho, where we tore down the goalposts (last game of good times before we headed into the desert of losses) 

2010 K-State, RIP Fouts

2011 Houston, Welcome Apogee! (If NT had somehow pulled out a W, this would have undoubtedly been one of the best days of my life)

2013 Rice, this may just be because of how great the night ended up, the fact that is was a Thursday night Halloween game, or the legendary STAND

2018 La Tech, RIP momentum... (need a sound effect of balloon losing air.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

naw... i've heard legends about the Baylor game... but that was slightly before my time... the biggest home games during my time were:
2004 Idaho, where we tore down the goalposts (last game of good times before we headed into the desert of losses) 

2010 K-State, RIP Fouts

2011 Houston, Welcome Apogee! (If NT had somehow pulled out a W, this would have undoubtedly been one of the best days of my life)

2013 Rice, this may just be because of how great the night ended up, the fact that is was a Thursday night Halloween game, or the legendary STAND

2018 La Tech, RIP momentum... (need a sound effect of balloon losing air.

Biggest home game:

1997 vs Texas A$M 

at Texas Stadium, but still a UNT home game:

September 27, 1997

The undefeated Aggies traveled to Texas Stadium looking for a challenge after blowout victories over Sam Houston and Southwestern Louisiana, and that's exactly what the Aggies got from the North Texas Mean Green before pulling away for a 36-10 victory before a UNT record crowd of 42,224 fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Biggest home game:

1997 vs Texas A$M 

at Texas Stadium, but still a UNT home game:

September 27, 1997

The undefeated Aggies traveled to Texas Stadium looking for a challenge after blowout victories over Sam Houston and Southwestern Louisiana, and that's exactly what the Aggies got from the North Texas Mean Green before pulling away for a 36-10 victory before a UNT record crowd of 42,224 fans.

Wow that has to be the biggest attendance we have ever had!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

2021 No. 24 UTSA @ UNT

I get all the reasons it wasn't an important game, but we still took care of business against an AP ranked team at home.

The only bad part was it rained from 15 minutes before kickoff until like an hour after the game and was during thanksgiving. I was soaked lol

• Upvote 1

It's a big game. 

I thought the blocked fg vs LaTech that we lost was huge. Big game, at home, SEC win notched on our belt, conference implications on the line, and that game had potential 10-win season/conf champs/bowl champs kind of momentum. Of course, as we didn't know better at the time, SL was never going to win that type of game. Anyway, that loss was like watching air escape a sporadically twirling balloon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2