How is everyone staying cool?

emmitt01

I know (or hope) that everyone will be drinking lots of water to go with your other beverages.  What else is everyone doing to make tailgating bearable?  

I am considering some of the bucket top misting fans, but don’t know enough about them to drop several hundred dollars if they won’t be an all-day solution.  

• Upvote 5

At the Ranger games they have buckets of ice water for you to drench your towel in and drape it on the back and around your neck. Wish they could have ice bins and cooling houses Around the stadium.

The Parker county peach festival had drop zones for people to cool down. Don’t think this can happen in DATCU but the ice bath zones would be helpful. 

Just a note, people drop like flys waiting to get into Globe Life Field in game days. Medical dispatched often, during these summer games.  In our stadium medical might be on overdrive. We need to check on each other and make sure everyone is fully hydrated and okay throughout the 3 hour event. Including the Green Brigade. 

But once again bring your crazy into DATCU Cal ain’t gonna know what hit them. 

GMG

• Upvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

II am considering some of the bucket top misting fans, but don’t know enough about them to drop several hundred dollars if they won’t be an all-day solution.  

Kobalt bucket fan works great. At low speed the charge is supposed to last 6 hours.  

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I am considering some of the bucket top misting fans, but don’t know enough about them to drop several hundred dollars if they won’t be an all-day solution.  

I have a bucket misting fan. It's battery powered and will last a couple hours. I already had a couple of the same battery packs.

It can pump out of the bucket or water supply hose.

naked fox sports live GIF

Instead of the tie, I will be using one of those cooling towels, bringing in my own water bottle that will be frozen and will bring some hydration/electrolyte packets to mix in.  Cooler of beer in the truck for the post game celebration.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

Good food, the AC works and so does the heat when its cold outside. So yes, worth the money. That said, I prefer my seats downstairs where getting noisy happens. I go up for a beverage and some grub at halftime.

GMG

Thanks for sharing, I'll be checking it out with the wife this Saturday. Very much looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1