2023 GMG UNT get your rump on the record prediction

Jonnyeagle

We lost Nixon, easily replaceable and KD. I loved KD but he got caught up in the wash way too much. I honestly believe his stats were inflated.  I think we will be fine there. Who else did we lose on that side of the ball that concerns you?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

We lost Nixon, easily replaceable and KD. I loved KD but he got caught up in the wash way too much. I honestly believe his stats were inflated.  I think we will be fine there. Who else did we lose on that side of the ball that concerns you?

I believe people call that coping. Players with that much experience and on-field results are rarely easily replaceable. I said the same about Derek Thompson and was proven dead wrong (thanks to Greer and McNulty). Both of those LBs will be hard to replace, especially with Wood not being 100%. I am fairly concerned with the LB position. Nixon staying would have been a big help. Your point about KD and Nixon being out of position occasionally is a fair point. But it didn’t happen enough to say they are easy to replace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I guess this question was for me?

You’re wrong on both of those guys.   KD is a huge loss, and Nixon is more than “easily replaceable” as well.

Cam Robertson was primed to break out.  And as shaky as they were, Gaddie & Whitlock are no longer here.   Then, you have a DC that’s voluntarily keeping either Rod or Enoch on the sideline, for scheme’s sake….  We lost a lot.  
I really hope Nakwassah is who we all hope he is.  We’ll see.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Want to try this post again?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:32 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Cal @ UNT L

UNT @ FIU W

UNT @ LaTech W

ABIL @ UNT W

UNT @ Navy L

Temple @ UNT W

UNT @ Tulane L

MEMP @ UNT L

UTSA @ UNT L

UNT @ SMU L

UNT @ Tulsa W

UAB @ UNT L

Sorry folks.   We're not going bowling, and I'm really worried about this defense.  We lost a lot of talent over the offseason.

Agree with this, but this team is not good enough to win all the games it should so 3-9 may be more realistic.  Scary thing is that there look like 5 or more games that will be multi touchdown losses.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Pretty interesting to revisit.  Several people had us losing to Cal, Navy, Memphis, Tulane, UTSA. and SMU.   
I would bet most thought the Cal game would have been closer and the Tulane game would have been worse.  Navy and SMU about as expected.  Probably varying opinions on how bad Memphis and UTSA would beat us, but I’m sure no one thought Memphis would have to score with 10 seconds left to beat us.

Then there’s the FIU loss…🤷🏼‍♂️

Tip of the cap to @Jason Howeth @meanJewGreen @MeanGreenTexan and @El Paso Eagle Well done!

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3

Glad I didn't post...I would have had us with a better record than last year since we fired Littrell for just going 7-5.

I do wonder if facing Bloesch in week 1 really doomed this defense right off the bat.  He ran the exact offense that we were least prepared to defend and basically published the book on tape of what to do against us.  Teams would have figured it out pretty quickly, but I do wonder if we hide that run defense for a week or two if we start out facing an FCS or really anyone who ran an Air raid/spread.  That could have been the difference in making a bowl and not.  Ifs and buts...