Why a Green vs Black, and not a Green vs White Spring? The answer is -

El Paso Eagle

On 4/21/2023 at 10:46 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

image.png.42d15b72a946d1628def34332d3e39da.png

If the players liked the black jerseys so much, they should have been given those, not the white.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Stix said:

If the players liked the black jerseys so much, they should have been given those, not the white.

The white jerseys were the Bowl Jerseys. That's why they were given them, had the Frisco Bowl patch on them.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

The black jerseys remind me of the cheap ones that Darrell Dickey bought for his last game at North Texas and that's not a pleasant experience for me.  In addition, it is a tertiary color not a school color.  It's okay for shading or trim but not the primary colors imho.  Use the black ones for practice but not where the public is invited.  If approved, I wouldn't mind seeing light gray or silver as a substitute for white but that's just me.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/22/2023 at 1:52 AM, Venson said:

Our school colors are Green and White.

Nothing else needs to be said other than this.  The powers that be obviously don’t care.  And this highlights why I think bellyaching on this board about the what the marketing department doesn’t do it 100% futile.   How do you market something that is so inconsistent?  What’s next changing the font on all the Mean Green signage to be more compatible with Tik Tok filters?   Not one single recruit with the maturity you would want to be on your team is going to be swayed by black in the uniforms.  And let’s play devil’s advocate and say you actually want a talented guy that immature.  What are the chances he sticks around more than 2 years with the transfer portal and NIL?  

I will happily reconsider when I see successful programs 💩 on their most basic of traditions.  So if when Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan State, Alabama, and Penn State omit white jerseys from their spring game let me know.  (Without 10s of millions of dollars dependent on it) 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Nothing else needs to be said other than this.  The powers that be obviously don’t care.  And this highlights why I think bellyaching on this board about the what the marketing department doesn’t do it 100% futile.   How do you market something that is so inconsistent?  What’s next changing the font on all the Mean Green signage to be more compatible with Tik Tok filters?   Not one single recruit with the maturity you would want to be on your team is going to be swayed by black in the uniforms.  And let’s play devil’s advocate and say you actually want a talented guy that immature.  What are the chances he sticks around more than 2 years with the transfer portal and NIL?  

i will happily reconsider when I see successful programs 💩 on their most basic of traditions.  (Without 10s of millions of dollars dependent on it) 

I would bet a majority of, but not all, FBS teams have a Black uniform option now. 

Players like them, even portal recruits it seems... 

FulbSSHaYAE6aiB?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Puking Eagle 3

15 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I would bet a majority of, but not all, FBS teams have a Black uniform option now. 

Players like them, even portal recruits it seems... 

FulbSSHaYAE6aiB?format=jpg&name=900x900

I was specifically talking about the Green & White game.  I am okay with alternate uniforms but not 💩 on one of our primary colors for the Spring Game.  I was one of the few on this board that did not mind black uniforms used during Dickey’s tenure.  I will go back and edit my comment to make that clear.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I was specifically talking about the Green & White game.  I am okay with alternate uniforms but not 💩 on one of our primary colors for the Spring Game.  I was one of the few on this board that did not mind black uniforms used during Dickey’s tenure.  I will go back and edit my comment to make that clear.

As noted in other posts, I think the issue with no White game jerseys available for the spring game was due to most being given away after the Bowl game.  The expense of buying new ones just for spring I guess wasn't deemed a priority and save the $$ for new AAC uniforms in the Fall?

I'm also OK with an alternate Black uniform (if only used occasionally).   The Dickey plain black uniforms were not authorized by the school and was perceived as a slap to RV and UNT for firing him.  Not cool.

Fired North Texas Coach in Black Mood

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NT80 said:

The expense of buying new ones just for spring I guess wasn't deemed a priority and save the $$ for new AAC uniforms in the Fall?

My guess is it has more to do with the lead time to get them from Nike. I would bet that since jerseys for a college are basically custom, they’re probably ordering in Dec/Jan for delivery in June/July to then add further customization (names/patches/etc) by the first game.

3 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Don't we have different versions of the white jerseys? I seem to recall several variations.

I agree this is a losing battle. Every photo I've seen of our new coach and staff shows them dressed in black.

Any uniform worn in the past is gone, that hasn’t been used in the past year. 

• Confused 1