CUSA NET & KENPOM Rankings 12/15

MrAlien

This week's rankings update.  (only top 100)

NET:                               KENPOM:

13  FAU                          47 UAB

66 UNT                         49 FAU

67 UAB                          67 UNT

74 Charlotte

86 Middle Tenn.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I wonder what ours would be if we had won the tournament game and beat Umass this weekend. I bet would be around 40-50. 

UNT seems to have a game like that every year, last year it was the Buffalo game, they dont seem focused, and nothing seems to drop (especially free throws). 

MASS is sitting at 87 in NET right now... They have 1 Q1 win, and 3 Q2 wins.  So a win should boost UNT quite a bit in the NET.

• Sad 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, Andrew said:

I kinda like those uniforms but not all the time. Good alternate to me. I like the black and green. 

They're appropriate only for an annual Blackout Game at home. Our teams need to represent our university with only our school colors when they play away games.

Back on subject, wasn't our KENPOM rating high enough last season to guarantee an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, well, until we had a horrendous free throw shooting day and were upset by UTEP in our last regular season game? Didn't that one loss keep us from making the tourney?

North Texas basketball rewind: UTEP 70, UNT 68 | Sports | dentonrc.com

What few times we are highly favored and then get upset seem to have something in common.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yep… we always have that one game we wish we had won every season the last 3-4. Buffalo last year and UNC Wilmington this year. Makes a difference in the seeding and rankings 😕 

We might have had homecourt in the NIT or scored 7 more points in the La Tech CUSA tournament game with that elusive Buffalo dub. Changed everything about last year for sure. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, Quoner said:

We might have had homecourt in the NIT or scored 7 more points in the La Tech CUSA tournament game with that elusive Buffalo dub. Changed everything about last year for sure. 

Yeah, but they know. Mac talked about that game for weeks! They know and I’m sure the UNC Wilmingham game will be talked about for a while….

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1