Not a Word from Littrell

Green Dozer

23 hours ago, trud1966 said:

With this group?  No it's not too soon.  Everyone is too senstive.  It's business.

Now...We need a coach....So eyes on me....I'm gonna say it...Everyone's thinking it....But I have the guts to name the best man for the job...

Riley Dodge...

(Making a run for the exit after that gag...)

Escape GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

All these other schools get a "homecoming" bringing back one of their own. Why not us? HAHAHAHA!!

Who cares?  Dude didn't say much to anyone.  I went to a couple of the coaches caravan's when they came to Houston and Wren and McCasland were the most talkative to me.  Seth got his $$ and can move on.  He did get the academics up for the team and improved some other things, but I'm waiting to see who they get this time because after watching the introductory video from years ago to seeing what has now transpired, man, not much else to say.  

Edited by BBA1989
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

On 12/8/2022 at 11:13 AM, trud1966 said:

You ever consider maybe Litrell said something PRIVATELY to the team?  Sent them a group text? Maybe sent them individual texts? 

If he had sent a group text there's a higher than 100% likelihood [1] that it would've been shared publicly by somebody.

1: A word of caution on my math: I failed pre-calculus three times at UNT before passing it with an A my final semester in 1991.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, DentonLurker said:

If you really want to see something from him, go Google coach statements after they’re fired and read it. They’re all the same. Just replace their school with UNT and the coach name with SL.

Inspired by your comment, I asked the AI program ChatGPT to write a speech for Seth Littrell after he was fired and include a reference to a specific TV show.

Here's what it wrote:

Dear members of the University of North Texas community,

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce my departure as the head football coach of the Mean Green. I have been honored to lead this program for the past several years, and I am grateful for the support and opportunities that I have had here.

While I am disappointed to be leaving, I am proud of the progress that we have made on and off the field during my time here. I am confident that the program is in a strong position, and I have every faith that it will continue to thrive and succeed under new leadership.

As a lifelong fan of football and a big fan of the TV show Friday Night Lights, I know that the game is bigger than any one person or any one coach. I will always cherish my time with the Mean Green and the memories that we have made together.

I want to thank the university, the community, and the players for their support during my time here, and I wish the program and the university nothing but the best in the future.

Sincerely, Seth Littrell

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

And still no SL news ?

It’s par for the course. How many times did he go out of his way to speak to the community?
He spoke to the team (and I’m assuming his coaches). He doesn’t owe the UNT community anything.  He got paid to coach, recruit, etc. Wish him the best. And if I see him around (I probably never will), I’ll thank him for his time at UNT. 

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Im sure he’s still upset about things not working out here and is mad he didn’t get a little more time.  I respect him for that.

I don’t, all you can ask for is to be given an opportunity and he had one. He is leaving a multi millionaire, he should show class and thank the ones that supported him!! Very, very disappointing. I feel like something will come out eventually. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I don’t, all you can ask for is to be given an opportunity and he had one. He is leaving a multi millionaire, he should show class and thank the ones that supported him!! Very, very disappointing. I feel like something will come out eventually. 

How often does a coach fired for a lack of performance thank anyone on the way out? It has to be a ridiculously small minority.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

He's been working on his golf game and getting his fishing gear organized. I have no insider knowledge, but that's what I would be doing if someone gave me $1.9 million to sit at home.

Yeah I'd at least say eff it for like 3 months and go international

• Upvote 2

Why does anyone care?  It is all Littrell's choice, he has certainly earned that.

I think it would probably be in his best interest to leave in the best possible way.  He is auditioning for his next job.  However, it any statement is not sincere, he should not make it. 

Best luck to him, I really think he gave it his best.

• Upvote 3