LeBron being his usual jackass

From ESPN

As Brittney Griner's wrongful detention in Russia has galvanized the sports world in support of the WNBA star's return to the United States, Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James questioned why Griner would want to return to a country that has taken so much time to aid in a resolution for her.

"Now, how can she feel like America has her back?" James said in a trailer for the latest episode of his talk show, "The Shop: Uninterrupted," which airs on YouTube. "I would be feeling like, 'Do I even want to go back to America?'"

I am "sure" he is worried about the other Americans there

When you go to another country the first thing you are told - KNOW THEIR LAWS

She plead guilty. Are they being hard on here? Probably, but there are/were other Americans who have been imprisoned there that most could care less about. I hope they can help her, but if it is true they want a Russian charged with murder in exchange, then no.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 4

15 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

you need to walk the line in foreign countries.  I guess she never watched locked up abroad.  Those prisons are terrible.  Might be able to bribe your way out.  James has a lot of cash, get busy greasing the palms or hire Hunter Biden.

When I worked in Mexico we were constantly reminded "when your here you follow their laws". 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

maybe he has a point. she was peacefully arrested without incident in Russia. 

coin-flip says she'd be shot by law-enforcement in America. 

Double-headed coin and I pick heads that this is an asshole comment from you 

Or I guess we could also say she's probably safer there than being in the wrong part of Chicago

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I can't go along with this theory, sure cops are bad in america about shooting black people, but this might be a stretch. 

I get Lebron's point, but Griner's biggest problem is that she got arrested in a country we're currently in a proxy war with. I'm sure the state department has offered up what they can, but it really comes down to Russia looking for any possible way to douchebag with us for helping Ukraine right now. If this happened in 2019 she'd likely be out by now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I can't go along with this theory, sure cops are bad in america about shooting black people, but this might be a stretch. 

I get Lebron's point, but Griner's biggest problem is that she got arrested in a country we're currently in a proxy war with. I'm sure the state department has offered up what they can, but it really comes down to Russia looking for any possible way to douchebag with us for helping Ukraine right now. If this happened in 2019 she'd likely be out by now.

IMO, her biggest problem is she was a high profile American in Russia at this time. Getting arrested is a result of her status. I just have a hard time believing she's dumb enough to transport drugs at an airport as an American in Russia during a time of war. That's where I feel for her. I support law enforcement but some cops have been caught planting drugs/guns in the US. Do we really think that couldn't have happened in this case? Especially considering the circumstances.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

IMO, her biggest problem is she was a high profile American in Russia at this time. Getting arrested is a result of her status. I just have a hard time believing she's dumb enough to transport drugs at an airport as an American in Russia during a time of war. That's where I feel for her. I support law enforcement but some cops have been caught planting drugs/guns in the US. Do we really think that couldn't have happened in this case? Especially considering the circumstances.

They were supposedly vapes and I'd bank that she brought them to Russia from the U.S. in the first place, so maybe she forgot or she thought they wouldn't notice. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

They were supposedly vapes and I'd bank that she brought them to Russia from the U.S. in the first place, so maybe she forgot or she thought they wouldn't notice. 

Lookit, pot is basically legal in half of the country.  This is a joke and the only reason they are doing this is beacuse we are funding their enemy in the conflict Ukraine.  Brittany is not the most loved person in the US but she doesn't deserve being used as a pawn in this horseshit!

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Lookit, pot is basically legal in half of the country.  This is a joke and the only reason they are doing this is beacuse we are funding their enemy in the conflict Ukraine.  Brittany is not the most loved person in the US but she doesn't deserve being used as a pawn in this horseshit!

Just because something is legal in one place does not make it legal everywhere.  If you travel internationally, especially to a place like Russia, you had better understand their laws. There are rewards and risk with being a "celebrity" and this is a case were the horribly bad happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

51 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Question, why did she plead guilty? Was it a legal strategy to perhaps facilitate the stages of getting her released?

16 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

How many people in America get shot by law enforcement that are peacefully arrested?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Question, why did she plead guilty? Was it a legal strategy to perhaps facilitate the stages of getting her released?

She could legitimately be guilty or it could be a strategy to facilitate her release or both. Nobody knows but her and her legal team. I'm just saying it's a possibility that there's shady stuff happening considering the circumstances. Regardless of how I feel about her political opinions, I don't want her or anybody else being used as a political chess piece. I would imagine there were concerns regarding her ability to receive a fair trial. As we've seen, Russia can do whatever it wants and there's nothing the world can do about it. If Russia decides she's guilty before being proven innocent, who holds them accountable to ensure she receives a fair trial? And what even is the legal standard of criminal culpability over there?

She's been playing in Russia during the off-season since 2014 and *now* she's caught with drugs? "C'mon, man!" - Joe Biden

I guess for those who hate America, this *should* serve as a reminder as to the legal rights you have here compared to elsewhere in the world. Be thankful for where you live.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Not sure I'd say she was "high profile" before all this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Seems like every time LeClown opens his mouth nowadays, he says something stupid. Remember when he tried to lecture MIT MBA graduate Daryl Morey on foreign affairs and called him "not educated." Peak irony

What's peak irony is all of the people in this thread railing about how bad of a guy he is because he speaks out on issues. 

LeBron James, Akron to fund 4-year scholarships for I Promise students

LeBron James Helps Design Nikes for Kids With Disabilities

LeBron's bike event stresses education

LeBron James: Opening school is my most important professional accomplishment

LeBron James Is Fighting to Make Sure Felons Know They Can Vote

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2