Interesting QB just entered the portal

MeanGreen_MBA

6 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Our identity wasn't RUN until the last 6 games of this season. And that's only because we don't have a QB. Littrell can point to his time as an OC and Mason Fine to prove he's fine running an offense that throws it all over the field. 

Or Bloesch and Jospeh also chiming in saying hey remember that Baylor/Briles Offense a few years back? We want to do that, and we want you to be the QB that throws for a billion yards in an offense that snaps the ball every 15 seconds 

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I HIGHLY DOUBT Cam sees that guy as any kind of threat to him (especially with Morris going there since he's Morris' guy), and if he does, he's going to fail here too.

The ancient argument of "you could guarantee-start here, but you'll be riding the bench there." needs to die... yesterday.  It's simply not true, as we've seen over & over.

That said, I doubt he shows up here, but I'd be overjoyed if he did.

Tanner Mordecai... To say you will have a better chance here than WSU is a fact!

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Our identity wasn't RUN until the last 6 games of this season. And that's only because we don't have a QB. Littrell can point to his time as an OC and Mason Fine to prove he's fine running an offense that throws it all over the field. 

Oh!   You mean we had to change our identity so we could start winning games?    If we PASS a lot, we lose a lot?
I'm just saying, honestly *removes green-tinted glasses*, if I'm an Air Raid QB with multiple FBS programs chasing me, I'm not so sure I'd view NT's offense favorably right now.

Now, if I'm a stud RB or a mauler OL... sign me up!

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

18 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Or Bloesch and Jospeh also chiming in saying hey remember that Baylor/Briles Offense a few years back? We want to do that, and we want you to be the QB that throws for a billion yards in an offense that snaps the ball every 15 seconds 

Decent angle here.
If we've offered, it doesn't appear he's put it on his Twitter (right now, I only see the Indiana offer).   Wonder what's taking so long?   Also, what's taking WASt so long?  Maybe Dickert told Morris "no"?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh!   You mean we had to change our identity so we could start winning games?    If we PASS a lot, we lose a lot?
I'm just saying, honestly *removes green-tinted glasses*, if I'm an Air Raid QB with multiple FBS programs chasing me, I'm not so sure I'd view NT's offense favorably right now.

Now, if I'm a stud RB or a mauler OL... sign me up!

For a QB the "potential" receiving talent is here. You have a good O-line and RB's that have to be accounted for. Mason is not too far gone that they cannot point to his results.  If we can lay it out right this should be a good place to come.

PS - not to mention a coach who has shown he will leave QB's in the game to help their stats

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

People downvoting positive comments here like we have an abundance of talent in the QB room here?  OMG this forum make zero sense sometimes.  This program need to swing for the fences when it comes to acquiring talent.  If pans out to be just a notch or 2 above mediocre it could be huge here if the defense and running game stay consistent.  Hell more competition in the QB room could be just the thing that makes Ruder step up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Amen to that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Would love be of the coaches please explain to him he would play immediately here? Why would he want to go to another program and sit the bench?

Kind of a ridiculous argument. I don’t see him sitting the bench at any of the schools after him. 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

What does that have to do with anything?  The point is, Mason is the only quarterback Seth has brought to UNT that is a successful D1 QB. 

12 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

What does that have to do with anything?  The point is, Mason is the only quarterback Seth has brought to UNT that is a successful D1 QB. 

You comment was  D1 and recruited. Now if you want to bail I understand.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I’d argue that Mason regressed in his senior season and that had more to do with Harrell’s departure than our ability to recruit “successful” D1 quarterbacks. We did have both our starters from last year starting for most of this season, just at different schools.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I’d argue that Mason regressed in his senior season and that had more to do with Harrell’s departure than our ability to recruit “successful” D1 quarterbacks. We did have both our starters from last year starting for most of this season, just at different schools.

I agree that Mason and the entire offense definitely regressed when Harrell.  However, even with Harrell here they didn't bring in someone who could follow Mason.  

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Since Mason left we've seen the guys and it hasn't been good.  

How many of them were on-field/in-game coached by Harrell for any meaningful snaps? That is the point I tried to make about Mason regressing. Because we didn’t use backups much in out of hand games, we don’t really know if there was a heir for Mason or not because that player would’ve regressed just as Mason did. Kason Martin and Cade Pearson both had nice (although small) stat lines in Harrell’s last year.