There’s something happening here

Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Here is the deal, we’ve been decimated by injuries and have been forced to throw some real youngsters into the heat of battle, even moving receivers to defensive back at times. The record looks bad, sure, but we are starting to show more discipline and that is a sign that these freshman are maturing.

And about our record, on the surface it looks bad but if you look deeper, we have one loss to a bad team. That was to 2-7 LaTech where we spotted them 21 points before Seth yanked Ruder and we almost came back to win (ultimately losing 24-17). Our second worst loss was to a 4-5 SEC school in Mizzou. The other 4 teams that beat us are all currently bowl eligible with a combined record of 26-11. We aren’t as bad as we seem. Let’s see how the rest of this season shakes out.

Where we have really seen improvement is buying into PB defense! Forget the deep ball just give me an out pattern and a quick slant! Then just hand  the ball off! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Well we are in year 1 of our first bona fide DC but our qb coach is a joke. If we could pick up a bona fide OC/qb coach like Harrell again and have zero or minimal injuries, we could win conference next season under Littrell, I really believe that.

Bodie Reeder and Clint Bowen were epic disasters for Seth and have delayed his advancement tremendously. He can win here but it just depends on the circumstances upcoming. I do not know if another coach that we’d be willing and able to hire could come in and have a better record that Seth could with the roster he is building.

The next guy has to have head coaching experience and a dramatic $$ increase in the assistant coaches pool. Hire a damn Qb coach! 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Cooke County Kid said:

If SL wins out and we go to a Bowl game and win. He should be given another year. I believe the upcoming move to the AAC has caused a charge to be felt throughout the entire University. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

Just to clarify; your not saying his contracted should be extended another year are you? Just that he should be brought back for 2022?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

OK so first things first the moderators here were very discriminatory to me and took my posting privileges for almost 2 weeks which Inreally did not appreciate.

secondly as I have stated here many many times, our recruiting really sucks donkey *^*^* and anyone who can’t see that on the fled is blind as ray charles!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 10
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

OK so first things first the moderators here were very discriminatory to me and took my posting privileges for almost 2 weeks which Inreally did not appreciate.

secondly as I have stated here many many times, our recruiting really sucks donkey *^*^* and anyone who can’t see that on the fled is blind as ray charles!

I'm not sure you are reading our replies.  it seems you are not paying attention to the replies to your claims, or you choose to ignore them and not post any counterpoints.  You just return to the board once or twice a week to repost the same ol' disproven garbage.

Quote someone and provide an well-thought out counterpoint.  Then we can make progress.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Glad we're winning. But the only thing that's happening here is we just played two teams with a combined record of 4-13. Littrell historically does ok vs those teams.

We'll see what happens this Saturday. I'm actually optimistic because UTEP doesn't appear to be as good as their record and it may be catching up to them. (We've been there) UTEP just had the easy part early where we had the tough part early. Now it's flipping.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think you used the word discriminatory wrong, but welcome to the club of getting banned hahaha

• Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Glad we're winning. But the only thing that's happening here is we just played two teams with a combined record of 4-13. Littrell historically does ok vs those teams.

We'll see what happens this Saturday. I'm actually optimistic because UTEP doesn't appear to be as good as their record and it may be catching up to them. (We've been there) UTEP just had the easy part early where we had the tough part early. Now it's flipping.

This can't be stressed enough.

We fell behind Southern MS because we came out of the locker room flat.  This is a common trait of SL's teams.  Against any team with an ounce of ability, we should have never recovered from the 0-14 hole Aune put us in.

People, please stop with all of the "things are a changin'" and "there's a new wind blowin' b.s."

We have a team with a lot of young talent that our sixth year head coach can't develop.  Stop acting like we are headed to the top of CUSA because we just beat two bad teams.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We fell behind Southern MS because we came out of the locker room flat.  This is a common trait of SL's teams.  Against any team with an ounce of ability, we should have never recovered from the 0-14 hole Aune put us in.

People, please stop with all of the "things are a changin'" and "there's a new wind blowin' b.s."

We have a team with a lot of young talent that our sixth year head coach can't develop.  Stop acting like we are headed to the top of CUSA because we just beat two bad teams.

Completely agree. So much optimism is being put on wins against the bottom of the barrel in our conference. How quickly we all forget how quickly things got out of hand against UAB and how they could have put 60+ on us if they hadn't taken their foot off the gas in the second half. Falling behind at half time against the worst team in the conference only to have to come back against them is not a positive change in my view. Let me know when Littrell can beat teams with a winning record. I bolded the above for emphasis. We shouldn't be where we are given the talent we have, and don't get me started on the QB situation. Until Littrell proves he can develop a QB not named Mason Fine, stop acting like he is getting everything together and things are changing. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Conversely, stop acting like we played UTEP’s schedule the first half of the season. We played really tough teams (outside of LT and NWst)up until Rice. 4 of our losses are bowl eligible today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Conversely, stop acting like we played UTEP’s schedule the first half of the season. We played really tough teams (outside of LT and NWst)up until Rice. 4 of our losses are bowl eligible today.

Never said that, but I watched a team come out week after week looking unmotivated and ill-prepared.  Hell, I could say I saw that against Rice and USM as well and that falls on the coach.  Nothing has changed, we are just playing teams that failed to take advantage.  Sorry, but I don't look at our schedule as some Murderer's Row.  SMU is overrated, Missouri is not a good team, Liberty is fair and we should have beat them, LA Tech isn't good, yet our team showed up to each of these games looking ill-prepared and undisciplined.  That falls on the coach.

This has become SL's M.O.  We beat the bad teams on the schedule and lose our big games.  This is no longer acceptable in year 6 with the talent on this team and the support this program receives.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Lonnie, you still carry the best troll game I've ever witnessed on gmg.com. Amazing

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, Cooke County Kid said:

If SL wins out and we go to a Bowl game and win. He should be given another year. 

This, and ONLY this would I justify Seth even stepping foot on the field next year.  A Bowl in right now is an improvement over the past years under Seth "The Choker!" Littrell.

No extensions until he actually get a conference champ win+bowl win. And managed to find an even semi-usable QB