Don’t do it

emmitt01

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I can feel it, someone is about to say some absolute BS like “we fought really hard at the end” or “Aune looked good when he wasn’t throwing picks” or “we’re gonna play easier teams later in the year” or “we scored 35, that’s improvement.”  

Don’t.  Just don’t.  

I thought this was gonna be about attending the next game. Shall we start a protest outside Gate 3 until Seth is fired?

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Agree 100 percent.  How sad is it that I hated us getting the gimme TD late?  Tell you lot about the state of this mess.

The team's a mess but I don't hate the garbage time touchdowns. The game was lost. We still have seven games to play and some of those CUSA teams aren't any better than us. If Missouri had won by five touchdowns like UAB it would further demoralize a team that hasn't looked like they believe they can beat anybody.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I’ll take everyone qualifying how 300 yards and 4 TDs/2 INTs against Mizzou was actually an awful performance bc it was garbage time or whatever over people lying to themselves that Ruder actually looked okay throwing for 131 yards with 1 TD/2 INTs against an FCS defense.

We want to talk about how this still isn’t going to be enough to turn our season around, definitely.

You’re missing the point.  It isn’t Aune as compared to Ruder…it’s Aune as compared to decent FBS quarterbacking.  

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I’ll take everyone qualifying how 300 yards and 4 TDs/2 INTs against Mizzou was actually an awful performance bc it was garbage time or whatever over people lying to themselves that Ruder actually looked okay throwing for 131 yards with 1 TD/2 INTs against an FCS defense.

We want to talk about how this still isn’t going to be enough to turn our season around, definitely.

I'll qualify it.  Missouri is not good, period.  Aune had wide open receivers that had to stop and wait for balls,  The first INT was a terrible decision.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'll qualify it.  Missouri is not good, period.  Aune had wide open receivers that had to stop and wait for balls,  The first INT was a terrible decision.

Qualify all you want. There’s definitely legitimate room to. I just think it’s disingenuous that the general sentiment is that it was a poor performance when it seemed the general sentiment on Ruder the first two weeks were that he was playing okay the first two weeks despite the bad stats. Not accusing anyone specifically, just seems given those were the seemingly consensus takeaways on the board that there was some overlap.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Regardless, he was able to see and get the ball in the vicinity of “wide open” receivers which our original starter found exceedingly difficult. The kid made plays, it wasn’t always pretty or perfect, but he made plays. The last two weeks I saw a glimmer of hope. The first week said nothing about this team. The second 2 weeks the offense was abysmal. We are improving, even if it is only marginally, whether you want to accept that or not.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 5

11 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Qualify all you want. There’s definitely legitimate room to. I just think it’s disingenuous that the general sentiment is that it was a poor performance when it seemed the general sentiment on Ruder the first two weeks were that he was playing okay the first two weeks despite the bad stats. Not accusing anyone specifically, just seems given those were the seemingly consensus takeaways on the board that there was some overlap.

You said you would take on anyone qualifying how his stats today were terrible.  On paper, they look fine, but it was not a good performance.  He has been in this program too long to not show more improvement.  This is a knock on SL, not these young men.  They have talent and deserve better. I am tired of the Leach system.  It is a soft system, we play soft and that is not our history.  I am not a huge DD fan, but his teams were tough and played hard.  We have the talent, so the problem falls at the feet of those responsible for developing these young men.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I can feel it, someone is about to say some absolute BS like “we fought really hard at the end” or “Aune looked good when he wasn’t throwing picks” or “we’re gonna play easier teams later in the year” or “we scored 35, that’s improvement.”  

Don’t.  Just don’t.  

This is unscientifically know as the "Green Glasses Effect". It is when you are so desperate for hope that all you need is a little Green Kool-Aid and your reality is distorted.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Don’t.  Just don’t.  

I don’t care anymore. 

• Eye Roll 1

I’m not going to go back and read posts from the first two weeks, but I don’t remember the consensus being that Ruder played well.  He was inaccurate and couldn’t complete anything further than 10 yards downfield.  There was hope that he had only been on campus a month and maybe he’d get better.  But he did not play well.

• Upvote 4