Game thread for SMU

outoftown

Just now, meanrob said:

Personally, I think we're better than I thought we'd be. Too many mistakes but some of those can be cleaned up. A WR and DE that will probably both play on Sundays are killing us. This was always going to be a slow rebuild. 

The problem is that we do not have time. And the way SL is recruiting, he needs this to take off fairly quickly so recruiting will tick up after that.

• Downvote 1

Iowa is gonna throw us down a flight of stairs next week.

I'm already looking ahead to after that game.  I still think this team has potential to have a season that is .500 or better.  I really wanted this game, we all did.  It's utterly disappointing we're getting destroyed, not gonna lie.  Not ready to throw in the towel on the entire year though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, meanrob said:

Personally, I think we're better than I thought we'd be. Too many mistakes but some of those can be cleaned up. A WR and DE that will probably both play on Sundays are killing us. This was always going to be a slow rebuild. 

You got that right. All of it.

SMU might go on to win a ton of games this year with those NFL talents, but its no cosolation when you lose by 20+ to a team that you should compete with

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

Why don't we have time? We have nothing but time now...

Because we have a window now, where administration and President seem to be willing to invest money. If there are no results soon, that window could close. UNT is not traditionally a place where this kind of financial support for athletics is a given in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1