ONE.MORE.DAY

AustinFromUNT

To the staff: Don't take being berated from the stands personally. It's not personal, it's passion. 

To the players: I want to commend them for the last few off seasons. There have not been very many, if any headlines. Many programs can't say the same. 

To the fans: Be loud and proud. 

Let's do this! 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to go into this game with realistic expectations.

Those players on the other side of the ball are about to win a national title.  We are going to play it safe, hope for no injuries, and plan on coming out a little bit better off financially and read to rock and roll our way into Belt play.  We need to keep the streak alive as long as we are wearing Mean Green uniforms.

Those mf'ers covering us aren't on our side.  It's just you, me, and your brothers lining up next to you.  Make that other team work for every ef'n inch.   I ain't giving them a damn thing for free!

Wheres Diet Coke Boy when you need him?

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'd like to go into this game with realistic expectations.

Those players on the other side of the ball are about to win a national title.  We are going to play it safe, hope for no injuries, and plan on coming out a little bit better off financially and read to rock and roll our way into Belt play.  We need to keep the streak alive as long as we are wearing Mean Green uniforms.

Those mf'ers covering us aren't on our side.  It's just you, me, and your brothers lining up next to you.  Make that other team work for every ef'n inch.   I ain't giving them a damn thing for free!

Wheres Diet Coke Boy when you need him?

Is this a copy/paste from 2002?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

Win by 40+, No injuries, & treat the Lamar team & fanbase as warmly as we can after the awful things that have gone down in south Texas 

I would hate to see them run up the score given the circumstances.  Just a good comfortable solid 30-point win will do!

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I would hate to see them run up the score given the circumstances.  Just a good comfortable solid 30-point win will do!

so a 40 point win is running up the score but a 30 point win isn't?

let's just win and show Lamar a great north Texas welcome and experience...be cool...be nice...give their fans what they need.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, THOR said:

so a 40 point win is running up the score but a 30 point win isn't?

let's just win and show Lamar a great north Texas welcome and experience...be cool...be nice...give their fans what they need.

Lamar has only had 1 padded practice before today.. 

winning by 20,30,40 is still the same in the Win column.. we aren't trying to impress BCS voters... the only difference is at the end of the year our state will be inflated after playing a team that is struggling big time. 

20-30 is good enough, and no need to crush Lamar.. yes it would be nice and great for the fans, but we need to remember all the crap these kids have been through (they left 5-6 kids back at Lamar, etc. That couldn't get back or some other reason.)

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Lamar has only had 1 padded practice before today.. 

winning by 20,30,40 is still the same in the Win column.. we aren't trying to impress BCS voters... the only difference is at the end of the year our state will be inflated after playing a team that is struggling big time. 

20-30 is good enough, and no need to crush Lamar.. yes it would be nice and great for the fans, but we need to remember all the crap these kids have been through (they left 5-6 kids back at Lamar, etc. That couldn't get back or some other reason.)

Agree with what you are saying, however this how teams get beat.  We don't need to run the score up but we can't take it to easy on this team.  We are not that good yet. Yes we should limit the playbook in this one so we can keep the ponies from having a good game field on the mean green.  give lamar a warm welcome and thank the fans who show up from lamar.  Give them all the respect in world because they have gone through a lot. Give a moment of silence to the people that were affected by this disaster.  Don't forget to donate the victims of the Hurricane while at apogee.  Lamar will be playing with a lot of emotion in this game.  Our players can help the lamar players up after a play but we can't overlook this team.