Beyond The Green

UNTLifer

11 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Any idea when it will be up on YouTube?

They posted it on friday around noon (I believe) last year...

If you have Fox Sports Go, they do reruns of it as well on there

@BeyondTheGreen is there a preferred way to view it/ better way to view it to for it to be renewed sooner... I know it had been brought up on a past podcast.

11 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

An enjoyable episode to watch. I particularly enjoyed the on-campus segment with our guys quizzing students.

that part always makes me feel nervous and awkward.  it usually shows how little our student body knows about the football team/other teams.  those were very simple questions at the beginning and none knew them right off the bat.  in a whishper voice....i think they fed them the answers or at the least gave some of them hints.

despite that, i'm extremely happy that it's back!!!

The only thing about the whole show that has ever even slightly rubbed me the wrong way is the repetitive UNT spots. I have always said to myself "Self, I think the repetitive spots are placeholders until that airtime gets sold". There did seem to be one or two additional regular commercials yesterday.

This is not a complaint. If the number of UNT spots is going to remain the same, may I suggest that at least one more gets produced to add to the rotation. JMHO from a guy who doesn't know jack about the video business.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

that part always makes me feel nervous and awkward.  it usually shows how little our student body knows about the football team/other teams.  those were very simple questions at the beginning and none knew them right off the bat.  in a whishper voice....i think they fed them the answers or at the least gave some of them hints.

despite that, i'm extremely happy that it's back!!!

I don't doubt they did feed them answers.  And yes, it makes me feel awkward too.  But then I think, if any school in C USA did this exact same thing, I guarantee the students at those schools would not know the answers to the same questions.  I think it's really great those guys were out to promote the program.  I graduated from UNT a really long time ago. But I'll never forget, one time I was in Kerr Hall, and a few of us were riding the elevator. And a couple of football players got on the elevator during a stop, and they turn their attention to us, and said "hey you guys are going to the game this weekend,  right? We really need you there guys, we are all on the same team".  Then all of them shook our hands and thanked us.  From that point on, I was locked in. I just thought it was really cool that those guys reached out to bridge connection between student and athlete.  Seems like a small gesture, but I assure you it makes a huge difference at a school but sometimes struggles with a Fanbase.  Those guys need to keep reaching out to the "every-student", be polite, keep smiling, thank all of them for participating, and I guarantee you will become infectious.

• Upvote 2