Guess I'm Not the Only Idiot

Caw Caw

19 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

You don't see Alabama fans make fake elephant noises.  UT fans don't moo.  UTSA fans don't make whatever the hell sound a road runner makes, of course... that's a flightless cuckoo... not sure anyone actually studies trash birds like that.  

ETA: Roadrunners make a clicky clacky sounding coo, like a dove with a voice box problem... what we should be spending energy on is coning UTSA fans into making this sound en masse.

I'd make a list of all the dumb rituals in sports but i don't have a month it would take to compile the complete list. Starting with grown adults wearing cheese on their heads. 

It's a billboard with a mildly funny pun on it. I'll take it over some corporate slogan we paid some consultant 25k to come up with.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Just now, meanrob said:

It's a billboard with a mildly funny pun on it. I'll take it over some corporate slogan we paid some consultant 25k to come up with.  

Just because some fans came up with a bad idea doesn't mean we should go along with it.  Student section loves to throw MOTHER F***ING into the fight song... should we put a billboard of that up?  Maybe change the fight song officially?  

I mean, this is a small issue.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  It just makes us look goofy IMHO.     Again, you don't see UT make "MOOving on up" billboards.  Why?  It's goofy and devalues the brand.  

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Wtf is in charge of marketing/advertising. This is pitiful and needs to immediately be taken down. Meanwhile, our goofy ass looking prez is out marketing our horrible attempt to market. Fml. 

Goofy ass looking prez??? What have you done lately? Pitiful post!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Just because some fans came up with a bad idea doesn't mean we should go along with it.  Student section loves to throw MOTHER F***ING into the fight song... should we put a billboard of that up?  Maybe change the fight song officially?  

I mean, this is a small issue.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  It just makes us look goofy IMHO.     Again, you don't see UT make "MOOving on up" billboards.  Why?  It's goofy and devalues the brand.  

I hear Arkansas fans calling pigs. Washington fans barking. 

I hear everybody complaining about us having no traditions. But I guess anything new has to be cool and not embarrassing. Meanwhile just about every great tradition is uncool and super embarrassing. So make up y'alls mind. 

Devalue the brand? Not sure in the sports world our brand has any value. Like I said, try everything, see what sticks. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

"Hey (insert school name), Hey (insert school name), Hey (insert school name), we just beat the Hell out of you, Rammer-Jammer, Yellow-Hammer, Give 'em Hell Alabama....repeat 3-4 times. 

Get 100K people yelling this in unison at the end of a beat down.   We need something like this......plus, the 100K inside the stadium to yell it.....in unison

THEN, we will have something.....CAAAAAWS that is what winners do....

20 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We should ABSOLUTELY put "Mother F***ing" on a billboard. We would be all over the news and would be a hit with the Millennials 

200.gif#34

Could our football brand have less value?

200.gif#7

Being goofy hasn't stopped us in the past(or present)

Image result for unt mascot

• Upvote 2

OK...so the Prez shows he's on board with athletics in a very public manner and he gets hammered for his efforts.  I'm sure the legions of advertising art majors on this board could have done better.  If you think you can do better, contact the Prez...he's open to ideas.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

Do Longhorns Hook' um? Do agricultural experts gig 'um? Do sooners boomer? There is all sorts of dumb sounds in college football. It's more about having them affiliated with your team than their origin. That's my obviously unpopular two sense. I've heard dumber things come out of masses of fans in college football.

So says the guy whose very screen name we are debating here...

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

Do Longhorns Hook' um? Do agricultural experts gig 'um? Do sooners boomer? There is all sorts of dumb sounds in college football. It's more about having them affiliated with your team than their origin. That's my obviously unpopular two sense. I've heard dumber things come out of masses of fans in college football.

I'm guessing you've never seen a pissed off bull hook someone with his horns? 

• Upvote 2