Tailgate with East Oak and Saint Arnold!

Ryan Munthe

33 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Folks!

oa5i7r.jpg

John Williams and I are setting up a tailgate for the 2016 Heart of Dallas Bowl...come tailgate with us!

I'm bringing lots of Saint Arnold beer...leaving at 4am from Houston after a flight from Atlanta that gets in at 10pm the night before. Wish me luck.

We'll be in Lot 12, look for the Red, White and Blue Saint Arnold flag with the UNT Texas flag underneath it & the red Saint Arnold truck.

It'll operate like it did for the SMU game when we did a similar tailgate.

I am requesting that if you do plan on stopping by, please RSVP on this thread. Not a formal thing or anything, just to get an idea of how many folks will be attending.

Go Mean Green!

Dec 17th? Looks like you've had some drinky dranky!

Edited by UNT09
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I should be there +1  Is this part of the Mean Green Club tailgate?

No, something different. John Williams and I are putting this on because we like beer.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

So is this event December 17th? Also, was RV in charge of the date?

We're partying for ten days straight. Including christmas. Try to keep up man. Not because I am a graphic designer who might also be the king of typos. Not at all. Stop by! (On the 27th.)

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

No, something different. John Williams and I are putting this on because we like beer.

We're partying for ten days straight. Including christmas. Try to keep up man. Not because I am a graphic designer who might also be the king of typos. Not at all. Stop by! (On the 27th.)

I like beer

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, THOR said:

Riding the train from denton...will need my beer...I'll be there sirs...

So when taking the train...does it go straight to Fair Park, or is there a stop at Union Station? Do you have to change trains at any point?

4 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

So when taking the train...does it go straight to Fair Park, or is there a stop at Union Station? Do you have to change trains at any point?

Yes to stops in fair park and probable train changes.

http://www.dart.org/maps/pdfmaps/dartrailsystemmap29aug16.pdf

If you are coming from Denton (or anywhere along the DCTA line) you have to change to a DART train in Carrollton.

Edited by Army of Dad

Just a question...I get the event on the 26th at Dots (great idea), but why are you setting up an event to compete with UNT's official tailgate the morning of the game?  Should we not all tailgate together since this is a bowl game and not a regular season game where separate tailgates are the norm? Just asking.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 15

3 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Just a question...I get the event on the 26th at Dots (great idea), but why are you setting up an event to compete with UNT's official tailgate the morning of the game?  Should we not all tailgate together since this is a bowl game and not a regular season game where separate tailgates are the norm? Just asking.

right!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I didn't even realize that if you're doing the green line (which you probably are if you're coming down from Denton), after the game, you can get on the train and be two short stops from post game festivities at Dot's Hop House. 

you taking the train again?  

5 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Where is the Alumni event taking place?

Just now, Hunter Green said:

Where is the Alumni event taking place?

Alumni Event?  There will be an official UNT tailgate...you get free admission if you purchase your HOD Bowl tickets through the UNT ticket office.  Am sure the Alumni Assoc. Is participating in the official tailgate.  If you recall the last HOD Bowl tailgate it was in the Automobile Bldg at Fair Park...inside and warm...good breakfast tacos from Rudy's I believe...UNT band, cheer squad, Scrappy, etc. Tons of attendees and lots of fun.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Folks!

282kg1h.jpg

John Williams and I are setting up a tailgate for the 2016 Heart of Dallas Bowl...come tailgate with us!

I'm bringing lots of Saint Arnold beer...leaving at 4am from Houston after a flight from Atlanta that gets in at 10pm the night before. Wish me luck.

We'll be in Lot 12, look for the Red, White and Blue Saint Arnold flag with the UNT Texas flag underneath it & the red Saint Arnold truck.

It'll operate like it did for the SMU game when we did a similar tailgate.

I am requesting that if you do plan on stopping by, please RSVP on this thread. Not a formal thing or anything, just to get an idea of how many folks will be attending.

Go Mean Green!

I'll be there. Probably with a group of 3 or 4. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

We're not allowed to tailgate because of the UNT one? That makes sense. I don't do official sponsored tailgates for college, pro or anything.

I swear, you're just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Hopefully we have 30K folks at the game. I don't think UNT is sweating 100 folks stopping at ours for a bit before heading over to the official one, or vice-versa.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3