Great win!

Harry

Just now, ForneyGreen said:

That Wilson run in the 3rd quarter was amazing.  I knew he was fast, but the way he separated from the Rice DB's was freakin' awesome!

So proud of our team tonight!!!

I am so glad to see the no die attitude and willingness to grind out a game by this team and staff we saw tonight. Both the team and the staff  will just get better and better with this attitude. 

✳️ SMALL STEPS--BUT MEANINGFUL SMALL STEPS WITH SHORT TERM--LONG TERM PURPOSE...

DJ'ed an event earlier in the evening but got in on half of the 4'th quarter & the 2 exciting over-times. How's 'bout that last exciting game-ending play of which the  Rice Owls only needed mere inches to go toward getting a tie keeping the overtime going & then sudddenly :boom:???

NORTH...TEXAS...WINS!

✳️ Yes, it's one game, but as a fan its been awhile recalling a game that felt so satisfying to win & one I feel was so important a win for this coaching staff, a young developing team & our entire football program moving forward.  

✳️ We have some tough CUSA opponents  for the balance of the season beginning with MTSU at Apogee this next Saturday, but I believe we as proud North Texas Exes & Mean Green fans can now agree we are seeing a solid foundation being laid (across the board) the way we've wanted & waited so many years. 

✳️  Look forward to seeing many of you (again) this Saturday at amazing Apogee as we all continue to see our work in progress.  

?  For U of North Texas Greenbloods I feel our journey with this group will be as exciting for what I really feel will be a loftier than ever destination for Mean Green football, but still & to keep perspective---we take small meaningful steps. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I am so glad to see the no die attitude and willingness to grind out a game by this team and staff we saw tonight. Both the team and the staff  will just get better and better with this attitude. 

We had more fans. We had more heart.  We wanted to win more.

I haven't felt that good since the Heart of Dallas Bowl. I am not making this more than it was, but in Houston after the game many people commented, albeit I was in my green north texas shirt, that it was a big win. I am not comparing us to Rice, but a school of 2000 students had a military appreciation game to include numerous kids taking the oath of enlistment and had a Blackhawk helicopter on display w/ the pilots to answer questions and let kids climb all over it. We can do more and should. However, great win. I haven't been this happy in awhile. Love these men who suit up for us. They have gravel in their guts and spit in their eye!

GMG

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Did they just say on the radio only the fourth time in school history we have started atleast 2-2? If so Littrel is making history! 

Ridiculous blasphemy! We certainly have had our problems, but in 100 years of football we have started at least 2-2 more than a couple of dozen times. Someone from the SMU network who is butthurt from their TCU loss must have sneaked that one in.

• Upvote 2

Huge win!!! Props to the coaching staff and players.  I wanted to see how the players would react from hearing SL last week, and they responded like a team should.  The defense played great tonight, they came up time and time again, it was refreshing to see. Excited to see how they respond next week. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

What are those words from our fight song?.....

Victory's in store whatever the score, 
Our team will ever fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, risinggreen said:

Ridiculous blasphemy! We certainly have had our problems, but in 100 years of football we have started at least 2-2 more than a couple of dozen times. Someone from the SMU network who is butthurt from their TCU loss must have sneaked that one in.

Perhaps they meant since we joined the bi west back in 96. Since 96 we have only started the season 2-2 four times (97,13,14, and now 16). I did go further back and it looks like atleast 9 or 10 times since the 50's we have started 2-2 (lots of those were as an independent). Still perhaps it's something to be excited about for the future. Oddly enough all those bowl runs in the early 2000 started off terrible. Maybe it was 04 we started like 0-4 and another one we started 1-3 and still made a bowl game. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oddly enough all those bowl runs in the early 2000 started off terrible. Maybe it was 04 we started like 0-4 and another one we started 1-3 and still made a bowl game. 

We used to lose most/all non-conference games (usually first games of the season) and win all/most conference games. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

We used to lose most/all non-conference games (usually first games of the season) and win all/most conference games. 

Then lose the bowl game. Well we did win one! I remember being their for a couple of those road losses st UT, OU, TCU, and A@M. We did whoop Baylor at home one year though!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, GM1998 said:

We had more fans. We had more heart.  We wanted to win more.

I haven't felt that good since the Heart of Dallas Bowl. I am not making this more than it was, but in Houston after the game many people commented, albeit I was in my green north texas shirt, that it was a big win. I am not comparing us to Rice, but a school of 2000 students had a military appreciation game to include numerous kids taking the oath of enlistment and had a Blackhawk helicopter on display w/ the pilots to answer questions and let kids climb all over it. We can do more and should. However, great win. I haven't been this happy in awhile. Love these men who suit up for us. They have gravel in their guts and spit in their eye!

GMG

Rice has >6,000 students. Only pointing that out because the actual number more than triples your estimate. Still nothing compared to UNT!

• Upvote 1