Tickets

MCMLXXX

14 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I didnt get my passes last year either. The year before that I never got my tickets in the mail and had to go to ticket office to get them. They gave me the printed out versions, HOORAY

They always take care of me though

I wouldn't call that taking care of you.

At all.

42 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Yea but 90 thinks that hiring a basketball coach and coming up with the buyout money should be more important to Wren Baker right now than fixing things like this. Maybe they will get their football parking passes by basketball season.

No, 90 thinks that they both can be accomplished simultaneously. 

#expectmore

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Yippeee! I drew a long straw!! My tickets and parking pass for each game showed up in my box today. Yes, all four, in the same section and row, and the proper four consecutive numbers. The only shoe left to drop would be whether or not my seatbacks are in place by September 3. I will have experienced a perfect interface with the athletic department if that last piece falls into place.

200.gif

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

The only shoe left to drop would be whether or not my seatbacks are in place by September 3.

Two consecutive years in a row of tickets in the correct place AND parking passes in one convenient envelope for me!  Thank the sweet baby Jeebus that my chairbacks are permanently installed though, because when I was considering buying tickets in the lower bowl, I would absolutely have purchased the chairbacks, and brother, there would have been one shitstorm of angry middle aged man temper tantrum if I'd suffered through the "Yeah, we know it's December.  We're working on getting those installed.  Meanwhile, thanks for the extra money."

But yeah.  That f'ing ticket office.  Horrible. 

I remember last year, I found an active club ticket on the ground.  I took it to the ticket office to see if they had a phone number on file to call the rightful owner.  The response I got was akin to clubbing baby seals to death with the frozen corpses of child trafficking victims.  I don't remember how I found the rightful owner on my own, but I did.  On my own.  The ticket office had no such f'ing interest in taking care of their higher paying constituents. 

• Upvote 4

In looking at the staff directory, http://www.meangreensports.com/staffdir/ntex-staff-dir.html, who is specifically responsible for season ticket sales?  I assume that it is Nittardy since he is the director of the MGC and most (not all) season ticket holders are also MGC members.  His bio is completely blank (shocker) and the rest of the Assoc ADs do not specifically mention season ticket sales as their responsibility.

I would have to imagine that season ticket/MGC numbers have to be one of the most glaring areas of weakness that WB will be looking at and trying to address asap.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Two consecutive years in a row of tickets in the correct place AND parking passes in one convenient envelope for me!  Thank the sweet baby Jeebus that my chairbacks are permanently installed though, because when I was considering buying tickets in the lower bowl, I would absolutely have purchased the chairbacks, and brother, there would have been one shitstorm of angry middle aged man temper tantrum if I'd suffered through the "Yeah, we know it's December.  We're working on getting those installed.  Meanwhile, thanks for the extra money."

I just checked my window for cars I don't recognize parked in the street.  Do you have my phone tapped?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

It will be hard to attract a qualified person for only $36,000 a year.

I believe one of the job requirements was a Master's Degree as well. Hard to get a quality candidate when the pay is so low, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of tickets, I wonder what the average attendance will be this year? We get SMU, Butt Cookman, MUTS, Marshall, La Tech, and Southern Miss, at home. Surely, especially with SMU coming to Denton and the way Denton-ites show up for former SWC teams, the average attendance should be above the 13k we averaged last season. It will also help out immensely that there is no home game on the weekend after Thanksgiving...

I'll go with 17k...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Speaking of tickets, I wonder what the average attendance will be this year? We get SMU, Butt Cookman, MUTS, Marshall, La Tech, and Southern Miss, at home. Surely, especially with SMU coming to Denton and the way Denton-ites show up for former SWC teams, the average attendance should be above the 13k we averaged last season. It will also help out immensely that there is no home game on the weekend after Thanksgiving...

I'll go with 17k...

You may want to do a slight recalculation. MUTS is the same day as PV vs. Grambling in the Cotton Bowl at the State Fair. Worse for us, Marshall, who I think might be the biggest draw this year, is the same day as UT vs. OU at the State Fair. I think both times are still TBA, but that should adversely impact our gate.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

It will be hard to attract a qualified person for only $36,000 a year.

I've observed this before, and yeah, that's roughly what an assistant manager at QT makes.  I don't know if those salaries are set by the state or the university or if they can even be negotiated.  They do need to increase substantially. 

10 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

You may want to do a slight recalculation. MUTS is the same day as PV vs. Grambling in the Cotton Bowl at the State Fair. Worse for us, Marshall, who I think might be the biggest draw this year, is the same day as UT vs. OU at the State Fair. I think both times are still TBA, but that should adversely impact our gate.

And the excuses continue.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

It is a mathematical certainty that EVERY year, we will either have a home game the same weekend as OU/UT or the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  It happens every year, and it has nothing to do with the athletic department.  I too tire of hearing the woe is me stories about how we have to play football in the same time of year as other programs.

The real fun one was when the Rangers were in the playoffs all the way to the world series.  Woe was poor lil' UNT!  How could we compete with that?

Externalities will always exist.  Learn to coexist, adapt, and thrive in their presence. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

No excuses from me, I'll be in Denton. I was being analytical, not looking for excuses. You are going to hear plenty of excuses around 10/1 and 10/8 from the usual sources. Perhaps things will be different this year.

• 2 weeks later...

i hadn't received my tickets as of yet, so i called and the guy said they were sitting in the back because there was no address on file for me.  wtf?!?  i did move from last year to this year, but it's been a year.  plus, i called up there and updated my information since then.  were they not going to call me?

now i have to pick them up at the ticket office, because this was the last day they were mailing tickets out for the fear they wouldn't show up in time.  incredible.

rant over

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

i hadn't received my tickets as of yet, so i called and the guy said they were sitting in the back because there was no address on file for me.  wtf?!?  i did move from last year to this year, but it's been a year.  plus, i called up there and updated my information since then.  were they not going to call me?

now i have to pick them up at the ticket office, because this was the last day they were mailing tickets out for the fear they wouldn't show up in time.  incredible.

rant over

I think you just did everyone a big service! Dear GMG Friends, take note of GC's experience and be pro-active if you have not received your tickets by now.

• Upvote 3