Renew Your Tickets

Aldo

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

Alright fellas. He's gone.

Put your literal money where your figurative mouth is.

It's time to support the new direction of the university. It starts with us.

Also - trust me on this - you'll get really awesome seats.

I'd encourage folks to wait and see who the new AD is. If it's Hank, it will be the same song and dance, the same hustle from a new hustler. 

This is a 2 step process.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until RV retires. 

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until I see who is hired as AD.

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until Benford is fired

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until one of the members of the Athletic Staff is nice to me

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until they stop putting so much ice in my drink at Apogee

Please feel free to insert your own lame excuse for not supporting North Texas Athletics

I decided to stop supporting the program because I lost interest and couldn't see putting my hard earned money into a program that was aimless, to say the least. In one of my early letters to RV and the Prez, I sited the Univ. of Houston and their commitment to athletics in the form of a new stadium (which we did as well), paying to get a up and coming head football coach (which we just recently did) and made a commitment to their fans that they would actively seek admission to the Big XII. When, or if, our university will make this type of commitment, then I'll come back. Oh, I'll still troll the board and go to games from time to time, but until I hear lofty goals from the new AD, the Prez and the BOR, my position will be, "I gave at the office." I have been doing my part since the Steve Sloan days when we decided to go back to 1-A. Not as much as many of you, but I've been around a long time. I remember having lunch with Craig Helwig and Alan Ward one day, expressing to him the crappy product that was put on the field and how embarrassing it was to bring family and friends to games. To me, nothing has changed and until there is a commitment and a goal to bring greatness to Denton, I'm out. We old timers have been through this many, many times. With each new hire comes all the promise in the world and the same old piss poor results. As they say in Missouri, show me.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

47 minutes ago, EagleGreen said:

I just purchased 4 tickets in the Club Level, today, upon hearing the news.  There was not a crowd there so I assume many of you are doing this by phone.  Let's get more butts in the seats and Go Mean Green!!!

I did it online. Good paper trail if they manage to screw it up is a plus.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Aldo said:

Alright fellas. He's gone.

Put your literal money where your figurative mouth is.

It's time to support the new direction of the university. It starts with us.

Just renewed my season tickets and MGC membership.

I trust in Smatty, and I think this (and the Littrell hire) is part of a plan he has envisioned for quite some time.  Glad to see the plan is moving forward.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I'd encourage folks to wait and see who the new AD is. If it's Hank, it will be the same song and dance, the same hustle from a new hustler. 

Ok. Let's say they hire an outsider who has been successful with mid majors. 

Then what. Jump in or wait for...? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Ok. Let's say they hire an outsider who has been successful with mid majors. 

Then what. Jump in or wait for...? 

Jump in, of course. 

This is a 2 step process. There' are certain members of the current AD that will push really hard for the AD job. That CAN'T happen.

Wait and see if UNT has truly opened its eyes or whether UNT continues to do UNT things.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

23 hours ago, UNT90 said:

If Hank gets hired, are you going to start calling him the Kansas Con or the Jayhawk Jaywalker?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The two most important steps have been taken to right NT football.  If this doesn't renew enthusiasm than I doubt much will.  Holding out for the right AD is extreme IMO, because frankly no one will likely know if it is a good hire for years.  

Some won't come back till NT is winning the majority of the games, or get selected for the SEC.  It is everyone's choice who and how to support a team, but I am not sure what more NT can do in the short term to win fans back.  

There is finally a fresh start at the Village.  How about lowering the complaint level and giving NT the benefit of the doubt and watch the progression of the program over the next year before continuing the negativity.  

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

The two most important steps have been taken to right NT football.  If this doesn't renew enthusiasm than I doubt much will.  Holding out for the right AD is extreme IMO, because frankly no one will likely know if it is a good hire for years.  

Some won't come back till NT is winning the majority of the games, or get selected for the SEC.  It is everyone's choice who and how to support a team, but I am not sure what more NT can do in the short term to win fans back.  

There is finally a fresh start at the Village.  How about lowering the complaint level and giving NT the benefit of the doubt and watch the progression of the program over the next year before continuing the negativity.  

Agree with this. There are some people that need to leave the Athletic Department. There are others who put more time in than they get paid for, and may have been stifled by having an inept or micromanaging boss who told them what to do and how to do it.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, MeanMag said:

Agree with this. There are some people that need to leave the Athletic Department. There are others who put more time in than they get paid for, and may have been stifled by having an inept or micromanaging boss who told them what to do and how to do it.

Ding. I think some of even the maligned names might surprise people in their current roles with a fresh start. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

On May 25, 2016 at 11:12 PM, GrandGreen said:

There is only a fresh start if the new AD hasn't worked under RV. Hank as AD is the same ole same ole. As to the rest of your post, you are correct. We won't know whether the new AD will be siccessful for a while, unless it's Hank Dickinson or any other current employee of the AD. In that case, we know exactly what will happen. We've seen it the last 15 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

On 5/23/2016 at 4:05 PM, greenjoe said:

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until RV retires. 

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until I see who is hired as AD.

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until Benford is fired

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until one of the members of the Athletic Staff is nice to me

I won't buy season tickets or join the Mean Green Club until they stop putting so much ice in my drink at Apogee

Please feel free to insert your own lame excuse for not supporting North Texas Athletics

Preach it sir!

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting on the AD. I've heard promises before. Need proof. When new AD is hired I will decide then. I've said this before and it remains the sad truth, there is no demand for my seats and they aren't going anywhere. I'll wait. Still trying to get over last season when I literally couldn't give away my seats and parking pass. For those that have renwed, right on, you have more resolve than I. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I renewed months ago before RV was even gone because UNT still provides the most excitement on fall weekends for me.  I have lived through 1, 2 and 9 win seasons and loved so many other elements of the season other than the W's and L's.  I love the changes being made and am hopeful for the future. 

Bring on the fall.

GMG

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, mgfan said:

I literally couldn't give away my seats and parking pass. 

I can go you one better.  They didn't even bother taking my parking pass when I entered the lot for the last two or three games last year.  Like "Nah, ain't nobody coming, don't bother."

19 hours ago, greenjoe said:

We need fans that support North Texas.  Not a particular coach or a particular AD or a particular offensive or defensive style.  Fans, and when I say fans, I mean people that will spend their money on North Texas Athletics and not wait until the everything is to their liking.  It never will be.  We need fans that will buy season tickets and attend the games because North Texas is playing.  Not a big name team they think is more impressive.  We need fans that are able to forget that the concession guy or the security guard was rude to them.  We need fans that are willing to sit in the stands and cheer because North Texas is playing.  Fans that are willing to put up (their support-money) or just shut up.  We've got plenty of people that are holding North Texas Athletics hostage.  "If they..." or 'When they..." or "Not until they..."  We don't need anymore of those people. 

But season tickets

Join the Mean Green Club

Just because it's North Texas.  No other reason needed.

I will continue to purchase tickets and keep my seats so long as I live in Texas, and probably even thereafter should I relocate.

I will not, however, sit idly by and pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows and that simply by virtue of throwing on a green polo shirt and receiving a paycheck from the University of North Texas is somebody infallible and deserving of my undying support.

• Upvote 5